Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs. Dolphins - The Aftermath - Week #15 '22

Foxx

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, Marino would still be a wuss. Compare him with other QB's from his era. 

Marino was the best passer in his era; I can't think of anyone who came close to his release speed and accuracy; the closest might be Joe Montana.  He had a good o-line but still took some tough hits, though Marino probably took less abuse than Kelly, Elway, or Young, though this is a credit to Marino.  I wouldn't call him, or most other QBs back then a wuss.  Again, the vicious hits those guys took back then make what the QBs today take tame in comparison.  Marino's stats if he played today would be off the charts.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The other part of it being different is that the good QBs today have to be mobile.  To me it’s not better or worse, just different.

I think a lot of the mobility factor is a result of how much the game has changed with the RPO being so prevalent.  I'm not sure today's QB absolutely has to be mobile, but it certainly helps.  Agree that QB play is different because the game is different.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

The Guy In Pants

Not that it matters but here is my overreaction to that game last night. A win is a win is a win. All that matters in the end is that the game is won. However; I’m not comfortable with what I’m seeing. 

Defense:

- Tackling. What is the sam hell are they doing? Do we not have tackling in practice? Is it two hand touch during the week? Arm tackles do not cut it in the NFL. You need to Matt Milano the White right out of them every single time. It’s like we cover our opponents in mayonnaise and slap them with pieces of bread flirtatiously until they slip and fall.

- Coverage. Breaks down at the most inopportune time. (See Waddle for a million) Tre White is the real deal. He’s looking to be 100% and it’s a beautiful thing. Elam did well against Hill. I was very happy to see that given that Hill is one of the most explosive players in the NFL. 

- Von Miller. I admit; when everyone was talking about how he was just a luxury and not a necessity, I took the bait. Nah. He’s kind of a big deal. I know we are still getting pressure with players like Greg Rousseau, Settle and Oliver putting in solid performances but Von Miller takes the defense to a different level. His loss hurt. I think we can overcome it for the most part but……

- Frazier. What the hell? Yeah, yeah, yeah, bend don’t break and all of that: Bull. I don’t want to rely on bend don’t break. I want to rely on break them in half. Overplaying is not what I’m asking for but for goodness sake; if you can’t stop a team on 3rd and long; what do they have to worry about? Adjustments? I’m not talking adjusting your belt after a halftime snack. I’m talking making an adjustment when you are getting left behind. Come on; do something.

Offense: 

- Josh Allen. Need I say more? “But, his turnovers and hero ball!” Last night was a prime example of needing to rely on Josh Allen to bail out the rest of the team. He deserves better.

- Stefon Diggs. He’s frustrated. Seems to me the design of this offense is flawed. Not sure what is going on.

- Other Hands. Drops are kicking our asses. I feel like we have a roster of Rasheed “Hot Hands“ Hanon’s on the team. Catch the damn ball. Some on this roster are overrated. I’ll leave it at that.

- Oline. Who?

- Dorsey. Get your shit together.

Overall we are 11-3. Pretty solid. We’ve lost the 3 games because of some mistake the team made in those games. Our coaches are not putting the best team on the field every week. We beat ourselves in most cases. Better fix it because championship teams can do all the things we haven’t been able to. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Apparently God no longer hates Buffalo.  The snow showed up EXACTLY when we needed it.

That was a drive for the ages.

😝 I had just said to the wife,

Somebody cursed this team.  It’s just not right. 

The Bills ran the ball Via Bulldozer 

Then it snowed. 

—————————

Damn STUPID penalties 

Damn dropped balls

I’m him better STFU and catch the damn 🏈 

and the Refs were bad 

• Like 2

I love reading the game day thread the day after an ugly win. 🤣

They have clinched a playoff berth with 3 weeks to go, are 11-3, first in the AFC and have the best strength of victory rating in the NFL.

This team is going to win it all.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 2

7 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I love reading the game day thread the day after an ugly win. 🤣

They have cinched a playoff berth with 3 weeks to go, are 11-3, first in the AFC and have the best strength of victory rating in the NFL.

This team is going to win it all.

The schedule looked pretty daunting when the season started.  It's actually been tougher for a variety of reasons. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Bill's defense did not seem prepared for Mostert's speed. 

It 100% seemed like Miami game planned for snow as that was forcast all week and ran the ball and Frazier did Frazier things and stubbornly stayed in the nickel. When the snow didn't materialize early why didn't Frazier switch it up and get out of the nickel because Miamis game plan was to limit Tua induced weather mistakes and run the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Is that what The Dweeb was whispering in Schrager’s ear in the first half? Wow! These fans are amazing!

2092DE98-EB6A-4639-AA44-8803C156C109.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First all proud of our beloved bills for finding a way to get the job done an clinch a playoff berth. Yes a win is a win no matter how it is done. However, it can not be minimized  what was shown to all us yesterday. It is on film. As a fan i am going to take off my rose tinted glasses for a minute. Here were my observations and thoughts of the game.

Positives: :rockon:

1. First half putting up points. Touchdown not field goals.

2. Tyler bass mr money. In bad conditions.

3. team effort cleaning field for bass kick.

4. when behind team unified and rallied back.

5. welcome back Dawson Knox and gabe Davis to the offense. Contribute other than Diggs.

6. welcome James cook to the passing arena.  Nice touchdown grab.

7. nice game shaq lawson and Rousseau pressure and sack. 
8. taron Johnson’s play. Big stop. Nice break up

9. tre white had some good play as well.

10. offense coming to defense of Allen with out of bounds push.

Observation

1. dolphins are dirty. Not only Allen play but when Diggs was on ground dolphins guy walked over him and tapped is head. What’s up with that.

Area of concerns: :wallbash:
1. offensive line. Outside of dawkins and Morse. This line is cause of concern. When either or both go down it shows. Example. Morse ruled out with concussion protocol. The level of play that position degraded. Allen almost fumble the snap on that play. Miami started blitzing and applying pressure causing sacks and a strip fumble of Allen. Teams are watching bills tape and pretty much use that a guideline what to do against the bills offense in post season. To Dorsey I ask what is your adjustments here? This is my opinion agree or not. Off-season need to rebuild and refortify o-line. Draft o-line especially interior. That has to be seriously looked at. In addition a running back to provide consistent run game. Agree or not.

2. Josh Allen is Superman no doubt but the ball handling and security of the ball yesterday was loose while trying move around to make something happen. Dangerous.

3. o-line needs to keep Allen clean. There was an instance the pocket clean Allen stood firm and had more time to scan field and made nice throw need more of that. Right now he getting a lot of pressure forcing roll out or running.

4. Again the running game is liability. Singletary picked it up in 4th quarter. Need that to be part of the offense to strike balance. Allen can’t do that by himself. Not fair to him.

5. Run defense. Omg. I blew a stack watching that yesterday. Raheem mostert had 100 yds rushing in 1 quarter. Are you kidding me. Defense and Frazier what on earth are you doing? Frazier how about adjustment as game goes along? Really. Same problem as last several weeks team smashing with run game. You better get that fixed stat doctor. To Frazier I ask what are you going to do about that?

6. what the world happened with edmunds and secondary (poyer,etc..) replay showed edmunds indicating to provide help on the waddle play for touchdown. Somebody explain how that happens. Angry watching that stupid penguin waddle dance in the end zone. Really someone make me understand here.

7. Again dropped passes.

8. Diggs was mad yesterday. Camera showed him throwing helmet and talking to recievers coach. He was frustrated, outside Allen he is our best offensive weapon. Dorsey figure it out how to get him the ball. Move him around or something make plan to put him position to the get the ball. This is inexcusable. You can sense Diggs frustration.

9. Offense holding and false start penalties. Saffold you are playing at home how are you getting false start. Seriously man pay attention.

10. again trouble sustaining momentum from first half. Same issue struggling 2 half. This game should have been a blow out. Bills let fish come back.

Anyways, my thoughts. I know some of my point may have reiterated previous poster points. Apologize for that. But need to get this of my chest since was annoyed with aspects of what saw in the game.

Do not want to diminish or take away this win for our team. Happy we clinched playoff spots. Proud of the team, grit,fortitude,and toughness. Like many of you suffering bills fans out there. We yearn for our team to win a Super Bowl. That is the ultimate goal. Some may say this over reaction. Believe it’s not. Some valid concerns going into post season need to be addressed. Adjustment need to be made. Getting #1 seed becomes even more important for this team as it gives a bye week and additional period of time to help with healing. 

Again my thoughts and opinion.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

It's my hope we can put away the story about how the Bills can't win one-score games, and go back to double-digit wins. :classic_biggrin:

Not much to add here that hasn't been said, but worth repeating: You have an eight-point lead in the 4th quarter. You have the ball. Can you close the deal? Can you take over the offense and seal it? There is very little I see in Tua that says 'leader.' I see more sound bites than leadership. 

Josh Allen was made for Buffalo.

If the Bills were playing with Micah Hyde and Von Miller, there is no way the Fish sniff 30 points. I can't wait to see this defense next year when they return.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Area of concerns: :wallbash:

1. offensive line. Outside of dawkins and Morse. This line is cause of concern. When either or both go down it shows. Example. Morse ruled out with concussion protocol. The level of play that position degraded. Allen almost fumble the snap on that play. Miami started blitzing and applying pressure causing sacks and a strip fumble of Allen. Teams are watching bills tape and pretty much use that a guideline what to do against the bills offense in post season. To Dorsey I ask what is your adjustments here? This is my opinion agree or not. Off-season need to rebuild and refortify o-line. Draft o-line especially interior. That has to be seriously looked at. In addition a running back to provide consistent run game. Agree or not.

The BILLS have better quality OLine depth than any team in the league, which is why they were able to win against a good team despite playing with a slightly hobbled LT, 3rd string center, and 3rd string right guard whose natural position is RT.  People have insanely unrealistic ideas of how OLine works.  The BILLS have probably repped last night's second half OLine a handful of times since training camp but that's only marginally helpful.  GMBB alludes to it all the time:  There are only so many talented big men on the marble.  The current BILLS have more than their share of them.

The Dolphins always blitz, no matter who they play.  Josh missed a couple of makeable deep throws that would have shut that shit down pronto.  Make those plays and you never see any more Cover 0/House blitzes.  It is what it is.

Allen's strip sack was 100% on him.  He made enough time by climbing the pocket and had a lane to take off but didn't.  He'd own that shit 'til the day he died and he'd be right to do it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 5

30 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't care that it was a short kick.  That thing was clutch AF and he dead nutz split the uprights.  T.Bass is a stud.

I was so nervous about the prospect of kicking. I still think Singletary should have gone into the end zone. Even with time on the clock and a Miami timeout.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I was so nervous about the prospect of kicking. I still think Singletary should have gone into the end zone. Even with time on the clock and a Miami timeout.

Yea, I was having 2nd thoughts as well.

But we've also seen what our defense has done with time left on the clock as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Core Four said:

I get what you're saying, but if the Bills played this game vs KC, the outcome probably wouldn't be good.  They will most likely see KC again; the offense and defense can't take the 3rd quarter off and expect to win.

Hypotheticals are kinda dumb.  The BILLS had a pretty big lull in the playoff game last season and took back the lead with 13 seconds left.  Everyone has these seemingly weekly epiphanies and tries to make hypothetical comparisons but none of it is at all realistic.  I listened all week to how the Fish were going to come in here and roll over because they'd played 2 shit games in a row, yet they did exactly the opposite.  Anyone who REALLY follows the game knew that was the most likely scenario.  Like it or not, the BILLS are pretty much everyone's regular season Super Bowl.  That's what being a favorite means.

There's a reason the "7 Drives, 7 TDs" thing was hyped so much in the media last season...because it's not normal.  Offenses don't score 30ish points every week.  OLines give up sacks.  Running plays sometimes get shut down.  QBs make bad decisions/throws.  Defenses screw up assignments, miss tackles, drop easy picks, etc.  That's football.

Far too often people ignore the fact that this is football at the highest level and the other team is really good too (even when their record says they aren't).  There's a reason the Cowboys needed a 98 yard drive in the last 2 minutes against the Texans, who are the worst team in football by any real measure.  I learned it when I was a kid when the Cowboys came to Rich in 1984 and lost to the winless (0-11) BILLS.  It was AWESOME.  😄

• Cheers 2
  • Love 1