Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs. Dolphins - The Aftermath - Week #15 '22

Foxx

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I hope they kept that ball for him.

Given Josh's understanding of the team, I'd be surprised if he didn't.  There are so many stories about what a great dude he is and one of my favorites is him going and getting Shakir's initial TD after KS hucked it during his celebration.  That is just next level "Great dude" stuff.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Given Josh's understanding of the team, I'd be surprised if he didn't.  There are so many stories about what a great dude he is and one of my favorites is him going and getting Shakir's initial TD after KS hucked it during his celebration.  That is just next level "Great dude" stuff.

If memory serves, I think you can see him retrieve the ball on the game tape. That or it is on some other tape that I watched.

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I hope they kept that ball for him.

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There was a post of him thanking the locker room staff for preserving the ball. It looks like they put the 1st TD info on some athletic tape on the ball.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

Shakir's first TD and JA17 going directly to the official, getting the ball, and handing it back to KS10 before he even leaves the EZ:

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If memory serves, I think you can see him retrieve the ball on the game tape. That or it is on some other tape that I watched.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I was watching both. Multiple televisions.  I have a sickness.

Watched them 1 after the other.

Bandits -> Bills -> Sabres.  Took well over 5 7 hours, but didn't need to be anywhere & had plenty of beer.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Watched them 1 after the other.

Bandits -> Bills -> Sabres.  Took well over 5 hours, but didn't need to be anywhere & had plenty of beer.

When we build our next house, there will 100% be a room in it where I can have at least 4 games on at once with the ability to change to the primary large screen with the click of a button.  I really don't care how much it costs or if the rest of the house is anything beyond basic necessities (my wife will not agree with this part but...whatever).

Last night she actually thanked me again for making her a BILLS' fan.  WHO DOES THAT?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Tell me you got beat up in high school without saying "I got beat up in high school."

Show us on the scale of "Tua's knee" versus "Tua's long term brain health" where your level of concern was.

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, snafu said:

I was so nervous about the prospect of kicking. I still think Singletary should have gone into the end zone. Even with time on the clock and a Miami timeout.

It’s close, but I think going down and kicking was the right play. I’m taking some liberties because I don’t know the exact numbers, but to apply some pseudo analytics to it, the odds of an NFL kicker making a 25 yarder are probably at or above 99%. Even if the conditions double the odds of a miss, which I think would be over stating their effect, you’re at a 98% success rate, and worst case scenario you go to OT. Weighing that against the odds that Miami scores a TD if you score and give them the ball back with ~30 seconds and 1 timeout is probably a tossup at worst, but I think the edge goes to running out the clock and kicking because if we score the TD, a Miami TD gives them the chance to win in regulation if they go for 2, or if on our TD we miss the PAT which is a longer attempt than the field goal you’re worried about, in the same conditions.

Edited by Chandemonium
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

It’s close, but I think going down and kicking was the right play. I’m taking some liberties because I don’t know the exact numbers, but to apply some pseudo analytics to it, the odds of an NFL kicker making a 25 yarder are probably at or above 99%. Even if the conditions double the odds of a miss, which I think would be over stating their effect, you’re at a 98% success rate, and worst case scenario you go to OT. Weighing that against the odds that Miami scores a TD if you score and give them the ball back with ~30 seconds and 1 timeout is probably a tossup at worst, but I think the edge goes to running out the clock and kicking because if we score the TD, a Miami TD gives them the chance to win in regulation if they go for 2, or if on our TD we miss the PAT which is a longer attempt than the field goal you’re worried about, in the same conditions.

you are correct

However, its not close

its's a tie game.

running out the clock and kicking ensures 100% that  Miami can not score in regulation to win

Frazier is still the DC employing the prevent defense 

You need to understand the parameters and dynamics if Miami gets the ball back with 30 seconds.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Tell me you got beat up in high school without saying "I got beat up in high school."

If memory serves, some enlightened individual wrote a haiku about McDaniel getting stuffed into a locker in high school.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

If memory serves, some enlightened individual wrote a haiku about McDaniel getting stuffed into a locker in high school.

Rousseau?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

He needs to not leave the lineup again...if he does that's just criminally negligent

It depends on the defensive game plan. Elam is a *very* good man cover corner. Not quite elite, but certainly has the potential to be.

However he still lacks in zone coverage. He’ll likely get there, but when the Bills are running zone concepts, it doesn’t help them to expose Elam. Especially when there are better options.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Jabba The Hutt
6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It depends on the defensive game plan. Elam is a *very* good man cover corner. Not quite elite, but certainly has the potential to be.

However he still lacks in zone coverage. He’ll likely get there, but when the Bills are running zone concepts, it doesn’t help them to expose Elam. Especially when there are better options.

Like Dane? 🤮

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Like Dane? 🤮

Yes. Like Dane Jackson, who has been very good this year.

Your lack of understanding doesn’t somehow diminish the good work Jackson has done in zone this year, nor does it somehow elevate Elam’s current ability in zone coverage.

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

If memory serves, another talented bard responded with one about him getting stuffed into a locker last October.