Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs. Dolphins - The Aftermath - Week #15 '22

Foxx

4 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Yea, I was having 2nd thoughts as well.

But we've also seen what our defense has done with time left on the clock as well.

Yeah. That’s going to haunt decisions until this coaching staff is gone. 
Yet, the defense played pretty well in the second half. A couple three-and-outs. The snow falling. And the Fish would likely have had to drive for a TD, not just a dicey, snowy FG of their own. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

I was so nervous about the prospect of kicking. I still think Singletary should have gone into the end zone. Even with time on the clock and a Miami timeout.

I bitched about it until the kick split the uprights and there were no flags...but I don't blame McDermott for not taking the risk with Cheetah/Penguin on the other sideline and Frazier on ours. 

It shouldn't be possible but Dalvin Cook shouldn't be able to house a screen pass with under 3 minutes to go either.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I bitched about it until the kick split the uprights and there were no flags...but I don't blame McDermott for not taking the risk with Cheetah/Penguin on the other sideline and Frazier on ours. 

It shouldn't be possible but Dalvin Cook shouldn't be able to house a screen pass with under 3 minutes to go either.

About Bass, I just kept saying “I hope he’s wearing good shoes”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yeah. That’s going to haunt decisions until this coaching staff is gone. 
Yet, the defense played pretty well in the second half. A couple three-and-outs. The snow falling. And the Fish would likely have had to drive for a TD, not just a dicey, snowy FG of their own. 

Being a Bills fan I could see a kickoff return for a TD, ala NE v Jets, and a 2pt conversion.

Not saying it would happen, but...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Whether singletary should have scored or not and deciding to take field goal should not have been a decision to make in first place. BILLS were up 21-6 at a point an were scoring in redzone. The point being is they put themselves in that situation IMO. Did not need to. Should have iced out the fins and put them out early. When you have opponents on the ropes need to TKO them out and finish them off. Anyways does not matter BILLS got the win so game ended ok.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

BILLS were up 21-6 at a point an were scoring in redzone.

It was never 21-6.  It was never more than a one score game.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

I get the concern against the run last night and wondered myself why Frazier didn't go Klein in the middle and Edmunds Milano outside. 

But I woke up this morning realizing Frazier planned it that way.... Now hear me out.. 

Call it the Billicheck game plan if you want, but the focus is to try and neutralize to take away a significant part of the other team offense and make them beat you with another. In this case. Frazier, for better or worse, chose to play to our own strength, the nickel, in an attempt to neutralize the Phish quick strike speed on offense and force the Phish to run the ball and try to beat us on the ground, and for the most part it worked

Look at the stats... Tua was 17/30 which is just over 50%

Waddle had 3 receptions and only got on top of us for that one 67 yarder (which btw, Edmunds was screaming a Poyer presnap so seems saw something in his read that Poyer didn't?)

Hill was held to 9 and 69 yards, well below his season average

otherwise no other played had more than 1 - one - reception

But even the run game, if you take away Mostert 71 yard run (which Johnson and Elam I think it was, caught him FROM BEHIND) he had a measly 4 yard average.

Now I an a little more worried about the OL, but not because every team but the Bills have a ProBowler sitting on the bench for depth as some seem to think. My concern is more for Morris concussion and his history with them which means it could be a while, or never that we see his return. Sooner or later I'm afraid he is going to have to make the decision to walk away from the game while his brain still functions for himself and his family. So in the meantime, I'm thinking slide Bates over to center, and Van Roten at guard where he was better than he was yesterday at center or perhaps Quiz at guard? 

Finally, can we stick with Elam across from Tre please? Maybe even use Rhodes as the 3rd CB off the bench for a while instead of Dane? Hate to say it, but Jackson has been a liability on the field lately and may need to visit the bench a while to get his act together again

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I'm thinking slide Bates over to center, and Van Roten at guard where he was better than he was yesterday at center or perhaps Quiz at guard? 

Finally, can we stick with Elam across from Tre please? Maybe even use Rhodes as the 3rd CB off the bench for a while instead of Dane? Hate to say it, but Jackson has been a liability on the field lately and may need to visit the bench a while to get his act together again

Bates would be the starting center with GVR at Guard.  Quiz would remain at swing.

I think the Elam situation is 100% dictated by whether we're playing heavy zone or more man.  He's clearly better as a man corner and did an excellent job on Cheetah (the All-22 will tell us more).  He's going to be a very good one.  Dane looked better yesterday and honestly, he's a better man corner than Rhodes is.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

51 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Hypotheticals are kinda dumb.  The BILLS had a pretty big lull in the playoff game last season and took back the lead with 13 seconds left.  Everyone has these seemingly weekly epiphanies and tries to make hypothetical comparisons but none of it is at all realistic.  I listened all week to how the Fish were going to come in here and roll over because they'd played 2 shit games in a row, yet they did exactly the opposite.  Anyone who REALLY follows the game knew that was the most likely scenario.  Like it or not, the BILLS are pretty much everyone's regular season Super Bowl.  That's what being a favorite means.

There's a reason the "7 Drives, 7 TDs" thing was hyped so much in the media last season...because it's not normal.  Offenses don't score 30ish points every week.  OLines give up sacks.  Running plays sometimes get shut down.  QBs make bad decisions/throws.  Defenses screw up assignments, miss tackles, drop easy picks, etc.  That's football.

Far too often people ignore the fact that this is football at the highest level and the other team is really good too (even when their record says they aren't).  There's a reason the Cowboys needed a 98 yard drive in the last 2 minutes against the Texans, who are the worst team in football by any real measure.  I learned it when I was a kid when the Cowboys came to Rich in 1984 and lost to the winless (0-10) BILLS.  It was AWESOME.  😄

WOW! Lots of fond memories on the field in that game!

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Core Four said:

Mostert isn't as bad as some people think.  He was good in SF and not sure why they decided to part ways with him, guessing pay.  But the Bills D has problems with many RBs, Mostert being the latest.  This is something that needs to be shored up...for years now.

He's not necessarily as good as what he displayed last night either. The backs in a Shanahan offense are mostly replaceable with Joe Six-pack back. The blocking schemes go way back to his dad's offense in Denver and are littered with no-name backs who did well in it.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It was never 21-6.  It was never more than a one score game.

You are right. My bad I think it was 14-6. Correct me if I’m wrong

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

He's not necessarily as good as what he displayed last night either. The backs in a Shanahan offense are mostly replaceable with Joe Six-pack back. The blocking schemes go way back to his dad's offense in Denver and are littered with no-name backs who did well in it.

The thing about Mostert is he has an elite trait (speed), which separates him from a lot of other backs.  Cook is actually a pretty decent comp for him.  I'm hoping Cook figures out that speed kills more when used intelligently, rather than constantly.

I'm curious about what we do next season at RB because it'd be nice to have a hammer back there with at least a little wiggle to go along with Cook's distinct abilities.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

You are right. My bad I think it was 14-6. Correct me if I’m wrong

You're correct.  It was 14-6 and then Miami scored to make it 14-13 with about 3 minutes to go in the half.  The BILLS defense gave up scores on 4 straight possessions and was at least part of the reason the offense slowed down.

It's just not a coincidence that offenses score regularly when they're not forced to stand on the sidelines for long periods of time.

• Like 2

Just now, Ninety-4 said:

Very concerned about Morse.  At some point with concussions, they recommend you hang up the cleats.  

Hence one of my concerns on o-line

• Like 2

Just now, Ninety-4 said:

Very concerned about Morse.  At some point with concussions, they recommend you hang up the cleats.  

I had the same sinking feeling last night when they said they were evaluating him.  I don't want to see the guy having no post-football quality of life.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Hypotheticals are kinda dumb.  The BILLS had a pretty big lull in the playoff game last season and took back the lead with 13 seconds left.  Everyone has these seemingly weekly epiphanies and tries to make hypothetical comparisons but none of it is at all realistic.  I listened all week to how the Fish were going to come in here and roll over because they'd played 2 shit games in a row, yet they did exactly the opposite.  Anyone who REALLY follows the game knew that was the most likely scenario.  Like it or not, the BILLS are pretty much everyone's regular season Super Bowl.  That's what being a favorite means.

There's a reason the "7 Drives, 7 TDs" thing was hyped so much in the media last season...because it's not normal.  Offenses don't score 30ish points every week.  OLines give up sacks.  Running plays sometimes get shut down.  QBs make bad decisions/throws.  Defenses screw up assignments, miss tackles, drop easy picks, etc.  That's football.

Far too often people ignore the fact that this is football at the highest level and the other team is really good too (even when their record says they aren't).  There's a reason the Cowboys needed a 98 yard drive in the last 2 minutes against the Texans, who are the worst team in football by any real measure.  I learned it when I was a kid when the Cowboys came to Rich in 1984 and lost to the winless (0-10) BILLS.  It was AWESOME.  😄

Things I didn't expect to hear out loud today: "Hogeboom...dumps it off to Dorsett..."

• Haha 3