Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Bengals - The Aftermath - Week #17 '22 [Say a Prayer for Damar Hamlin Please] [Back in Buffalo!] [Fully Cleared, Working out with the team!] [Full Go at Training Camp] [Played Today!] [Made the 2023 Team!] [Playing Today!] Comeback POTY

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

"You never rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

That's what makes a hero.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Death definitely counts as adversity, let's hope he succeeds in his comeback this season.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...

He posted an update on his charity gofundme page, today (over $9M!)

Today by Damar Hamlin, Organizer
On January 2, the world changed for me and my family. Since that day, we’ve experienced a worldwide outpouring of support and love that has inspired me.

Thank you for being such an important part of this incredible journey, and for your gift to my charity.

Beyond my focus on returning to the football field, I’m honored to lead Chasing M’s Foundation, which is dedicated to the development, health & safety of youth through sports, engagement activities, training, and programming.

Because of what I experienced, I’m working to make sure that kids across the country have the same access to life-saving care that I did - if they need it.

Chasing M’s Foundation recently completed the filing to secure 501(c)(3) certified charity status.
All donors who contributed to this GoFundMe after January 2, 2023, will receive a tax-deductible donation receipt from Chasing M’s Foundation via GoFundMe.

In the months ahead, I’ll be sharing updates about specific programs, partnerships, and events that will raise awareness of the need for CPR training and AEDs and encourage young people to live their dreams. I hope to inspire those who face adversity.

I’m kicking off the first program of my charity, the Chasing M’s CPR Tour, which will touch down in Buffalo on June 3 and involve additional cities in the weeks to come. As a result of the generosity of so many, my tour will involve CPR training and the distribution of life-saving AEDs to support youth sports and community groups.

My charity is a blessing and an unexpected life mission. We’re humbled and proud to have the chance to use these funds to give back - and lift up others. I’ll continue to share additional updates on our work.

With gratitude,

Damar

• Applause 3

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He gets seen with Kramer...Nvidia skyrockets.

Dow up 700 today.

Now touch the Bills and get them a Lombardi.
|

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin

I'll just say "no" and move on.  I love Damar and I hope he has a long, productive NFL career because he's a great dude.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 6/7/2023 at 8:23 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I'll just say "no" and move on.  I love Damar and I hope he has a long, productive NFL career because he's a great dude.

I will say I agree with everything you said and go a bit further to say that this goes more in the way of entitlement then earned. Yes, he died on the field. Yes he was a great story. No, he isn't Madden caliber.....yet. 

• Cheers 2
  • Love 1