Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2023/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

SquirminThurman
On 2/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, Ann said:

I thought most were funny on the list.

As for the Bills player... they probably shouldn't have even thought about the Hamlin one. I wonder how many people know who Matt Azaria even is? 

Most of these were so great!

Unlikely Bills open the season,  according to Peter King:

Peter King's Football Morning in America

</snip>

Traditionally, the NFL doesn't put the best game on the defending champs' schedule in the week one slot. It would be surprising to see a Super Bowl rematch (Philly-KC) as the opener. Also: I think it's more likely than not that the league keeps strong contenders Cincinnati and Buffalo off the opening-night slate so they can be gem primetime games later in the season.

</snip>

One logical theory I heard last week: The NFL has a lot of network mouths to feed, and could use KC games versus the Eagles, Bills and Bengals as tentpole events for the NBC, CBS and ESPN schedules. Maybe Eagles-KC on an October Sunday night on NBC, Bengals-KC on a CBS doubleheader game in a November Sunday late-afternoon window, and Bills-KC as the highlight of the ESPN slate.

One league person told me something to keep in mind about the opener: In the last two years, the NFL put ratings-drivers on opening night—and the one thing the league won't want is a headline a day or two after the game reading, Ratings down 11 percent for NFL opener. However, the fact that the 2022 game drew an audience of a modest (for an opener) 21.3 million for the non-competitive Bills-Rams game probably means the NFL will get an increase even if Kansas City's foe is not the Bengals, Bills or Eagles.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

^ Yes please.

No reason to give up on Dorsey, but it’s clear he needs to evolve and expand and those two guys are hugely important to having a fluid offensive attack.

• FANtastic 2

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

^ Yes please.

No reason to give up on Dorsey, but it’s clear he needs to evolve and expand and those two guys are hugely important to having a fluid offensive attack.

Seems like Dawson was delivering when targeted but he can definitely do more.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 7:14 AM, Whatnot78 said:

ugh...

Buffalo Bills to play in London during 2023 NFL regular season

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/buffalo-bills-to-play-in-london-during-2023-nfl-regular-season

What a waste of game. Really do people even know where Buffalo is or western New York is? Also depending when they are  playing if late in season want to play in snow and cold in Buffalo. Who know maybe they do know where Buffalo and western New York. Just hate this totally.

On 2/22/2023 at 9:45 PM, KD in CA said:

^ Yes please.

True. But how about get screen passes, short passes, and intermediate passes in the game plan. Get cook and singletary involved with that. Get Knox to go in the middle to bring safeties and lb up and clear middle. But do that the offensive line need to better job of keeping people from hitting Allen so frequently. That my thought anyways feel free to dispute or disagree.

• Like 1

Btw read somewhere shakur is training with moulds. Happy for that hope mounds show shakur the maimi play off game that moulds took control of that game with 240 yds. That could be a good teaching tool.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

MAN UP! 

MAN UP! 

MAN UP! 

MAN THE &#%$ UP! 

The whole &#%$ing team needs to MAN UP. 

How about finishing games off. First half of season took control of games. Second half season particularly after half time struggled and was inconsistent. Not how you start it is how you finish. End goal is to win Super Bowl. But to be fair this was a crazy season of injuries. However, that is what coaches are paid for to make adjustments and game plan each game to account for personnel. Again that was my point of view. Agree or disagree 

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I guess he's the only one who didn't know he's been off for 3 years.

You should read the comments in the Bills FB post. It's absolutely incredible how many fans feel (1) this is the beginning of the end and (2) next should be McDermott.

So embarrassing.

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 2

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You should read the comments in the Bills FB post. It's absolutely incredible how many fans feel (1) this is the beginning of the end and (2) next should be McDermott.

So embarrassing.

The vast majority of fans literally still know NOTHING about the game.  No matter how much football they watch, they just see what they want to.

• Like 1

Beane:  "It starts from the lines out.  When you have your QB, you have to protect him."

Will use free agency and the draft for OLine.  Hasn't ruled out bringing Saffold back.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Cheers 1