Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2023/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

30 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He SHOULD be a bigger part of the offense with more reps.  I do think Josh's arm troubles affected guys like Hines the most.

Um, Tyler is our defensive ST ace spud was referring to.

hashtag not a linebacker 😁🍻

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Um, Tyler is our defensive ST ace spud was referring to.

hashtag not a linebacker 😁🍻

Damn, I was hoping MataKevich was gonna get moved to offense and be the big power back the Bills need.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ninety-4 said:

That's a lot of $, but he plays center too which is good with Mitch being fragile.  

Yes. Reading more about him guard might not be why they signed him:

started.jpg.542f292c4ddc275a8e4c57a7c449d74d.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Thats too much IMHO.

It's not in my wheelhouse to understand the numbers. The question is, can he be replaced? Based on all the criticism I've read about him leading up to last year, the answer seems to be "100% yes."

My only concern is does he become the NFL equivalent of the country song "I Got The Boy, She Got The Man"? It'd be too bad if we let him go the moment the light came on.

That said, I'd rather try to replace Edmunds than Poyer so my hope is they hammer out a deal for him because I think he's much harder to replace.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Thats too much IMHO.

That's a s#!t-ton too much.

I hope Edmunds turns into a monster stud in Chicago, where we won't see him for another 4 years.

Losing Edmunds might be the thing that changes the Defensive scheme.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, Dante said:

We got Milano for half the price(almost) didn't we? Straight up I would prefer Milano on my team. jmho

Without question.  Milano's instincts and ability to make big plays far trumps Onalim's.  An argument can be made that Milano was one of the NFL's top 5 defensive players last season.  Edmunds isn't even the 5th best player on OUR defense.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's not in my wheelhouse to understand the numbers. The question is, can he be replaced? Based on all the criticism I've read about him leading up to last year, the answer seems to be "100% yes."

My only concern is does he become the NFL equivalent of the country song "I Got The Boy, She Got The Man"? It'd be too bad if we let him go the moment the light came on.

That said, I'd rather try to replace Edmunds than Poyer so my hope is they hammer out a deal for him because I think he's much harder to replace.

I won't be shocked if he's a better player in Chicago, but I don't think it would be so much the light coming on as would be someone utilizing him in a way that maximizes his skills.

If it happens it'll be funny to watch all the boot lickers who are currently crying about Frazier try to reconcile his tenure with five years of Edmunds underperforming.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Without question.  Milano's instincts and ability to make big plays far trumps Onalim's.  An argument can be made that Milano was one of the NFL's top 5 defensive players last season.  Edmunds isn't even the 5th best player on OUR defense.

They have a hole to fill now but it's worse to be dumb with the cap space.