Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2023/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I haven't watched the presser yet - but why then did Sean phrase it how he did yesterday? Weird. 

Love June football 🙂 

Maybe he was angry? I’ve had days where I wish I could take back stuff after taking the time to cool down. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Maybe he was angry? I’ve had days where I wish I could take back stuff after taking the time to cool down. 

No. Someone pointedly asked Coach, “Are you concerned…” He simply answered that question directly. 

On 6/14/2023 at 12:08 PM, Ann said:

Not sure I understand the 'needed a break' thing coming off a five months offseason, but whatever....I don't think this is all 'nothing' but I everyone is motivated by their contracts so will be on the field come September.

The Bills biggest problem remains that 7-8 of the 10 best QBs and teams reside in the AFC.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Not sure I understand the 'needed a break' thing coming off a five months offseason, but whatever....I don't think this is all 'nothing' but I everyone is motivated by their contracts so will be on the field come September.

Bad day, personal stuff he was dealing with, difficult conversations for whatever reason.  Who knows?  Just seems to me like it was a "need a mental health day" rather than "need a break from the team."

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Bad day, personal stuff he was dealing with, difficult conversations for whatever reason.  Who knows?  Just seems to me like it was a "need a mental health day" rather than "need a break from the team."

My thoughts exactly. How does it feel you think exactly like me? I'm sure you (both you and collectively all of you) are the same way that from time to time I just have to shut the world off and be alone to re-energize. I have zero issue with McD's reply to this. Now lets just get ready to play football guys!

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

My thoughts exactly. how does it feel you think exactly like me? 

Feels like I need a mental health century.

Edit: because you're an idiot.  See you next week.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Haha 4

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

McDermott was clearly in mini-camp form.

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
On 6/14/2023 at 5:54 PM, Alaska Darin said:

THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF DIGGS!

I literally just saw Chris Broussard say that this is because mcd is a weak leader 😂😂😂

• Facepalm 4

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

I literally just saw Chris Broussard say that this is because mcd is a weak leader 😂😂😂

He must post at atop for his breaking stories

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

We’ll then Chris Broussard is a weak sports reporter. 

Beane's gonna turn some of this under-exposed talent he has signed into some low round draft picks before the season starts.  

• Like 1

Rochesterny

Coach better have this team heads screwed on straight. Have they looked at their schedule. Come on guys focus on task ahead. It going to be a battle. Those are my thoughts when listening to all of this. Dorsey better come up with some answers as well. Just my opinion.

SquirminThurman
18 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

It's going to happen until McDermott get the Bills over the hump.

Seasons1992
1 hour ago, Rochesterny said:

Coach better have this team heads screwed on straight. Have they looked at their schedule. Come on guys focus on task ahead. It going to be a battle. Those are my thoughts when listening to all of this. Dorsey better come up with some answers as well. Just my opinion.

change Dorsey to this:

image.gif.f7fe68c03ab5f3fb3514db6272b996f1.gif

• Haha 1

what is really sketchy about the Bills roster construction is the insistence to keep players for Special Teams that can't play offense of defense, at the expense of other young developing players that do have upside.

With the kickoff change this year, it is inconceivable to keep Matakevich over Spector and Neal instead of one of the promising young  CBs. i

too much good talent to waste roster spots any longer

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-53-man-roster-projection-following-minicamp-and-ahead-of-summer-break/article_cb67ed68-0c89-11ee-a929-932b8c7393dd.html

Analysis: The new kickoff rule that allows teams to call for a fair catch and start an offensive drive at their own 25-yard line makes it worth questioning whether Hines’ value, which is tied in part to his ability on special teams as a returner, is still worth a spot on the 53-man roster.

Linebackers (6): Matt Milano, Terrel Bernard, Tyrel Dodson, Tyler Matakevich, Dorian Williams, A.J. Klein.

Cuts (2): Baylon Spector, Travin Howard.

Analysis: This is, by far, the biggest competition entering training camp – and the most wide open. Spector is the odd man out in this projection, but that could easily change with a good performance this summer. We know Milano is safe. It seems highly unlikely the Bills would move on from either Bernard or Williams – both third-round picks in the past two drafts. That leaves five players competing for three spots. Klein has the most experience, and would be a veteran option if kept over Spector, who is going into his second season. Special teams will be a factor in the decision. Klein has played a role there in recent years, which is another reason he’s slightly ahead of Spector at the moment (at least in this projection).

Cornerbacks (6): Tre’Davious White, Dane Jackson, Christian Benford, Kaiir Elam, Taron Johnson, Siran Neal.

Cuts (4): Alex Austin, Cameron Dantzler, Ja’Marcus Ingram, Cam Lewis.

Analysis: Yet another position where the Bills have enviable depth. In this projection, the team is cutting a draft pick (Austin), a former third-round draft pick who has made 26 career starts and is just 24 years old (Dantzler) and two players the organization has spent significant time developing (Ingram and Lewis). None of those cuts will be easy to make, but the projected top six all have defined roles. There should be a spirited competition to start at No. 2 cornerback opposite White. Let’s be real: Elam needs to win that job. If he doesn’t, spending a first-round draft pick on him last year will start to look sketchy.

• O Rly 2

Alaska Darin

I can see keeping Matakevich because of the defense but keeping Neal over Austin or Ingram isn't going to sit well with me.

• Like 1