Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

The Lamar Jackson controversy was the most contrived virtue-signaling opportunity to come about in some time.

Forgetting for a minute that every argument that he's getting hosed requires us to pretend that the last 4 years happened in reverse order, the underlying theme is that race is somehow involved, yet it can't be mentioned because the basis for the argument is that 3 black guys got bigger contracts than him.

They've tied themselves up in a pretzel.

• Like 2

https://www.outkick.com/graphic-shows-how-pathetic-nfc-qb-landscape-is-compared-to-afc/

The current QB situation in the NFC (with Brady and Rodgers out) compared to what the AFC has is crazy. Look at this graphic: Who are the top 5 quarterbacks in the NFC right now...?

Jalen Hurts is a stud, Kirk Cousins is a stats machine between 1 p.m. and 4, and Justin Fields has become must-watch TV. Beyond that, though?

Yikes.

Kyler Murray can be electric when he’s on the field, but who knows when that’ll be? Geno Smith resurrected his career last season, but, well, it’s Geno Smith.

Where else we looking here? Dak Prescott? Feel like that’s gotten pretty old at this point. Daniel Jones? Come on.

The Red Rifle?! We in on Andy Dalton this year?!

Woof.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:54 PM, Foxx said:

As crazy as it sounds?

Not really so crazy. Who in their right mind would want to give up two firsts, $200mm+ guaranteed, for a player whose style of play has led to him not being able to finish the last two seasons and it isn't exactly clear that he can lead a offense that relies heavily on the passing game.

But watch, there will be a collusion suit brought.

Pelissero

• Cheers 2

His mom?

Representative not certified by NFLPA has contacted multiple teams on behalf of Lamar Jackson

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is free to speak with other teams. He currently isn’t. But someone on his behalf has.

Per multiple sources, a representative for Jackson has contacted more than one team in an effort to spark negotiations aimed at a possible offer sheet. The representative is not certified by the NFL Players Association.

</snip>

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
13 hours ago, Ann said:

Kyler Murray :classic_laugh: And some of the comments... and WTH is Bill Cosby supposed to represent? 

Cam Newton: "Making a comeback, there ain't 32 guys better than me"

The 32 guys better than him:

That was in response to this tweet by Cam Newton.

That is &#%$ing hysterical. 

I know a lot of people bag on Cam Newton because of his "showy" ways but off the field he's been a good dude and given a lot of his time and money to kid's charities.  I've always liked him and he's a crazy gifted athlete.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, Ann said:

Kyler Murray :classic_laugh: And some of the comments... and WTH is Bill Cosby supposed to represent? 

Deshawn Watson, I think.

19 hours ago, Ann said:

qb.jpg.e4726e4302b4b75dd99ffa6bd7130334.jpg

Dear Deadspin: please look at this graphic, and tell me again how the NFL colludes against black QBs.  You dumb &#%$s.

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That is &#%$ing hysterical. 

I know a lot of people bag on Cam Newton because of his "showy" ways but off the field he's been a good dude and given a lot of his time and money to kid's charities.  I've always liked him and he's a crazy gifted athlete.

One of my favorite QB moments ever was him against the Packers:  "You've been watching film too, huh?  That's cool.  Watch this."  Then throws a touchdown.  

It ain't arrogance when you back it up.  That's epic cockiness, up there with Allen's "How many times do we gotta score?"

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

He's Superman

Lamar Jackson at #3? :classic_dry:

They have him ranked above Olivia Munn's rent-free penthouse apartment, which I agree with.  But above Burrow?

Hell, I'm not even sure I'd rank him above Tua, to be perfectly honest.

• Cheers 3