Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

SquirminThurman
14 hours ago, Ann said:

Worth it, or not?

No other NFC QB I'd rather have.

JA was 6/ $250M/ $150 M guaranteed in 2021 after 1 stud season and a run to an AFC Championship game.

Hurts 4/ $195M/ ? M guaranteed seems right after his first stud season and a run to the Super Bowl

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

No other NFC QB I'd rather have.

JA was 6/ $250M/ $150 M guaranteed in 2021 after 1 stud season and a run to an AFC Championship game.

Hurts 4/ $195M/ ? M guaranteed seems right after his first stud season and a run to the Super Bowl

Always knew he'd be a winner.  He proved that to me after he left Alabama.  

• Haha 1

GettyImages-1423242048-e1680878076969.jp

Trey Lance could use a fresh start

Posted by Mike Florio 

Two years ago, the 49ers invested three first-round picks and a third-round pick in quarterback Trey Lance. The circumstances placed intense pressure on Lance, and things simply haven’t worked out for him, so far, in the NFL.

He now enters his third season with significant competition both for the top spot on the depth chart and, potentially, the backup job. Brock Purdy would be the unquestioned QB1 but for recently undergoing elbow surgery. Sam Darnold, the third pick in 2018 and a favorite of 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan, could potentially win the backup spot over Lance.

For Lance, a change of scenery could help him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/7/2023 at 7:13 AM, Ann said:

I can't help but think he's playing for GB next year. 🤷‍♀️

It’s what I’ve thought all along. The media’s relentless insistence that his trade to the Jets is a foregone conclusion reminds me of the 2016 election.

• Applause 2

On 4/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, B-Man said:

GettyImages-1423242048-e1680878076969.jp

Trey Lance could use a fresh start

Posted by Mike Florio 

Two years ago, the 49ers invested three first-round picks and a third-round pick in quarterback Trey Lance. The circumstances placed intense pressure on Lance, and things simply haven’t worked out for him, so far, in the NFL.

He now enters his third season with significant competition both for the top spot on the depth chart and, potentially, the backup job. Brock Purdy would be the unquestioned QB1 but for recently undergoing elbow surgery. Sam Darnold, the third pick in 2018 and a favorite of 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan, could potentially win the backup spot over Lance.

For Lance, a change of scenery could help him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Seems more likely he’ll be the week 1 starter.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, KD in CA said:

It’s what I’ve thought all along. The media’s relentless insistence that his trade to the Jets is a foregone conclusion reminds me of the 2016 election.

Except Aaron Rodgers has visited Wisconsin.

• Haha 3

Kirk Cousins trade rumors are swirling, and a deal could make sense for Vikings

The QB carousel we thought the offseason would provide hasn’t fully manifested yet. Aaron Rodgers is still with the Packers, Lamar Jackson remains in limbo.

Outside of Derek Carr joining the Saints and Jimmy Garoppolo heading to Las Vegas it’s been rather quiet

— but now rumors are swirling about a QB who wasn’t on the radar: Kirk Cousins.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/4/11/23677163/kirk-cousins-trade-rumors-vikings-49ers-jets

• Like 1

I hope a trade never happens and Rodgers retires after the last preseason game giving the Pack a huge FU farewell. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Rodgers retires instead; Jets trade for Lamar Jackson instead; OBJ is left with no one to throw to him.  I'm laughing my ass off.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

SquirminThurman
5 hours ago, Nanker said:

I hope a trade never happens and Rodgers retires after the last preseason game giving the Pack a huge FU farewell. 

You think the Pack is in the wrong in this situation???

13 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

You think the Pack is in the wrong in this situation???

The Kabuki theatre between the Pack, Rodgers, and the jests is like a tiresome, tawdry, three act rewrite of Shakespeare’s Hamlet made by the ensemble that brought us The Producers. 
“To play this year… or not to play ever again. That is the question.”

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is delicious schadenfreude. I’m so lovin’ it. 

They so deserve to keep Zach Wilson as their starter. 

Rodgers is a prune… a farking PRUNE! 

If you’ve lost Rich Eisen, you’ve lost the war. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

SquirminThurman
7 hours ago, Nanker said:

The Kabuki theatre between the Pack, Rodgers, and the jests is like a tiresome, tawdry, three act rewrite of Shakespeare’s Hamlet made by the ensemble that brought us The Producers. 
“To play this year… or not to play ever again. That is the question.”

Fair enough, I am tired of it all too, and have no dog in the fight.

I can understand why a team would get tired of the game each offseason.

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Cheers 1

If Rodgers doesn't get his way, I could see him not reporting to camp and sitting out the first 10 or so games (I don't recall the number of games you have to be on the roster to accrue a season)

Rodgers doesn't want to play anymore.  But he also doesn't want to retire yet because his ego won't allow him to share a Hall of Fame ceremony with Tom Brady, or possibly have to wait for a second ballot after watching Brady, Roethlesberger, and Brees all go in on their first.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1