Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't have the football player acumen that many of you have when it comes to really seeing their long-term value, but that won't keep me from saying I've seen enough Lamar Jackson to know the only one making out on this deal is Lamar.

It's genuinely difficult for me to see him as elite; the guy who can carry the team on his back when they NEED him for the win.

I can certainly be wrong. But I just don't see it.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Has anyone asked Colin Kaepernick and RGIII what they think about the way Hurts and Jackson are being treated on the plantation?

Just curious...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Lawrence is a tier 3 or 4 guy, and if this year is the same as last year (or worse), Rodgers is not a tier 3 guy.

Do you agree with @KyleBrandt ’s AFC QB tier list? 🤔 

4AF65A3C-BB10-4C12-89DC-EB175E4B95E6.thumb.jpeg.6a5421f251b5b3d3d6429730736c488e.jpeg

The &#%$ is this Kyle??? 

Tier 1 Josh, Sherbert and Lawrence

Tier 2 Kermit, Burrow, Rodgers

Tier 3 Lamar, Pickett, Levis, Jimmy G

Tier 4 Russ, Mr Massagy

Tier 5 None

Tier 6 Stroud, Richardson

Tier 7 Tua and Macaroni 

• Haha 2

SquirminThurman
1 hour ago, Ann said:

He missed out on a lot of cash. Lamar may not understand the time value of money. Josh extended back in 2021 and got to enjoy that sweet sweet signing bonus money for almost two years while LJ was still working under his rookie contract. I applaud a guy for standing by his convictions, even if I don't agree with him, but oof, he made it hard on himself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

He missed out on a lot of cash. Lamar may not understand the time value of money. Josh extended back in 2021 and got to enjoy that sweet sweet signing bonus money for almost two years while LJ was still working under his rookie contract. I applaud a guy for standing by his convictions, even if I don't agree with him, but oof, he made it hard on himself.

You’re right. It’s a subject that’s taught in every economics course I’ve ever taken. 

The formula for TVM is:

FV=PV(1+in)n×t where:

FV=Future value of money

PV=Present value of money i=Interest rate

n=Number of compounding periods per year

t=Number of years

The solution to the problem is intuitively obvious, and is therefore left as an exercise for the student. 

It’s why most lottery winners take the cash payout and not the annuity payments over decades. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Yeah, dreadlock, sure.  That's why Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields are pushing shopping carts