Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

On 6/18/2023 at 8:44 AM, Ann said:

Again, I wouldn’t have guessed Cousins in the top 5.

When you consider how many starters have been drafted or retired in that time frame, it’s probably less than half the current QBs that have been consistent starters since 2019.

• Cheers 2

He is going to make a lot of money, but then, so is Herbert.

(from the Athletic)

Bengals mailbag

So, what do we think the holdup is with a Burrow extension? He’s said that he’s been clear on what he wants, the Bengals have obviously been planning for this, there’s a clear model with the recent Jalen Hurts/Lamar Jackson extensions. So what’s holding things up? Waiting for Herbert to go first? — John M.

Conversations surrounding the Burrow extension timing have often mentioned outside forces at play. So many vested interests are intertwined in this negotiation. That includes agents, the union, other quarterbacks, team and player. I do think waiting for Herbert is part of the holdup. The idea of Burrow making less than Herbert is silly given what each has accomplished. He should wait. That’s likely a final piece of the puzzle that clears the deck for all sides to feel comfortable about the market upon signing.

Again, Burrow and the Bengals have kept this notably close to the vest, so any report you see on specifics is merely an educated guess and speculation.

Plus, for now, there’s zero need to rush. Nothing is changing. Let’s talk again about urgency as mock turtle soup nears.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Ann said:

He is going to make a lot of money, but then, so is Herbert.

(from the Athletic)

Bengals mailbag

So, what do we think the holdup is with a Burrow extension? He’s said that he’s been clear on what he wants, the Bengals have obviously been planning for this, there’s a clear model with the recent Jalen Hurts/Lamar Jackson extensions. So what’s holding things up? Waiting for Herbert to go first? — John M.

Conversations surrounding the Burrow extension timing have often mentioned outside forces at play. So many vested interests are intertwined in this negotiation. That includes agents, the union, other quarterbacks, team and player. I do think waiting for Herbert is part of the holdup. The idea of Burrow making less than Herbert is silly given what each has accomplished. He should wait. That’s likely a final piece of the puzzle that clears the deck for all sides to feel comfortable about the market upon signing.

Again, Burrow and the Bengals have kept this notably close to the vest, so any report you see on specifics is merely an educated guess and speculation.

Plus, for now, there’s zero need to rush. Nothing is changing. Let’s talk again about urgency as mock turtle soup nears.

Sherbert should make more...he's the better QB! Also probably waiting to see what the #2 QB, Purdy (behind Josh of course by a pinch) gets so he knows where he slots in.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

It isn't really.  His receivers aren't winning and he doesn't trust them, so he focuses on Kelce and the backs.  Reid has tailored the offense to that and Mahomes has learned not to be greedy because his weapons no longer allow it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

It isn't really.  His receivers aren't winning and he doesn't trust them, so he focuses on Kelce and the backs.  Reid has tailored the offense to that and Mahomes has learned not to be greedy because his weapons no longer allow it.

I'm not knocking dink and dunk, it got them a Super Bowl ring. And, Kelce is a beast.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2023 NFL quarterback rankings by tiers: Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts not quite in elite category but close

Tier 1: The Big Three

2023: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen

We can call them the "Elite of the Elite" or whatever you want, but these guys are simply on a different level as quarterbacks than anyone else right now. This is your top three draft picks if you're starting a franchise. There's a reason these guys comprised the top three spots on Pete Prisco's Top 100 NFL Players list earlier this offseason. They are a cut above everyone else at the position right now. 

Mahomes is clearly No. 1 and I wouldn't even be opposed to giving him his own tier. But I think Burrow and Allen are close enough behind to warrant this designation. If your team has one of these three guys, you believe the Super Bowl is winnable even if things go wrong for your franchise.

B22A37C7-51E7-4FB6-8E93-18D668D1DDA1.thumb.jpeg.bc7032ba326914fa1dc3764f0a3853cb.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ann said:

2023 NFL quarterback rankings by tiers: Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts not quite in elite category but close

Tier 1: The Big Three

2023: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen

We can call them the "Elite of the Elite" or whatever you want, but these guys are simply on a different level as quarterbacks than anyone else right now. This is your top three draft picks if you're starting a franchise. There's a reason these guys comprised the top three spots on Pete Prisco's Top 100 NFL Players list earlier this offseason. They are a cut above everyone else at the position right now. 

EaqLdF1.jpg

Top 3-Year Cash Total for Active QB Contracts

Lamar Jackson, $156M

Aaron Rodgers, $150.8M*

Deshaun Watson, $137.3M

Dak Prescott, $126M

Russell Wilson, $124M

Matthew Stafford, $120M

Daniel Jones, $112.5M

Kyler Murray, $107.8M

Jalen Hurts, $106.3M

Derek Carr, $100M

Other Notables

Josh Allen, $95M

Patrick Mahomes, $65.6M 

*subject to change

From this tweet

• Like 1

Whaaaat? ANOTHER disgruntled locker room cancer In Minnie? The media now has a bone to chew on and obsess over for weeks - or at least until training camp opens. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, B-Man said:

:whistling:

If he's being honest, I doubt Kirk Cousins would include Kirk Cousins in his top 5 QBs either.

Herbert, Burrow, Allen, and Mahomes are obviously the top 4.  Pick either of Tagovailoa, Hurts, Rodgers, Lawrence or even - right now - Geno Smith.

• Like 1

"trading Lance internally" is clumsy wording, but I wouldn't be surprised to see SF move on from Lance.

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Hedge said:

"trading Lance internally" is clumsy wording, but I wouldn't be surprised to see SF move on from Lance.

Last time I tried trading something internally it did not end well for me OR my toilet. Just sayin’. 

• Haha 1