Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

Just now, devnull said:

So Fitzmagic had a higher completion percentage than Dan Marino :classic_laugh:

I am suspicious of that stat. Dan Marino was an stellar QB, and Fitz was Fitz.

• O Rly 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'm not terribly suspicious.  Different eras.

• O Rly 1

RochesterRob
20 minutes ago, Ann said:

Marino had the arm thus the 350 yard plus games he had frequently.  Fitz had to be more of a student of the game which should lend to a higher completion rate.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Also had nine seasons with 16+ interceptions, and four seasons with 20+.

Josh, though...turnover machine.

And Dan rushed 301 times for a career total of 87 yards. :excited:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

And Dan rushed 301 times for a career total of 87 yards. :excited:

Not against Bruce. It was running for his life

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Also had nine seasons with 16+ interceptions, and four seasons with 20+.

Josh, though...turnover machine.

And Nick Bonacaca and Len Dawson pilloried The Bills on their show for years.  They hated The Bills and especially OJ because he was “going for individual records” and not necessarily the team’s wins. Two 24 carat gold plated azz holes in my humble opinion. Couldn’t stand either of them. 

raises good question

why does multi-billion industry totally reliant on healthy QBs do nothing to protect those arms?

(except maybe run trick plays on 1st day of full hitting)

https://theathletic.com/4730027/2023/08/01/quarterback-development-performance-tom-gormley/

“When I moved to the U.S., I felt like I was going to get this injection of knowledge,” Hewlett says. “I was, like, ‘They know how to teach this thing I want to learn about.’ I got here, and it was, like, ‘When am I going to start learning?’”

Once, after a couple of bad throws, one coach told Hewlett to “think harder.”

“It was, like, ‘What? What the f— am I supposed to think about?’” Hewlett says. “It pissed me off. (It’s) the country’s sport, and nobody could tell me why my football wobbled or why I couldn’t hit the target. I didn’t get it.”

Backup Chicago Bears quarterback Nathan Peterman says current players still talk about the lack of coaching knowledge about throwing and, more specifically, the arm.

“It’s really kind of absurd,” Peterman says. “You think about the NFL being about a business worth billions.”

Peterman rehabbed inside the warehouse-like facility and constantly wondered: “Why are quarterbacks not taking their arms as seriously as pitchers are?”

“I was just like, ‘We don’t even talk about arm care at all,’” Peterman says.

“Seriously. Sometimes teams will count throws (during practice). But then they don’t do anything (with that data).”

Crap Throwing Clavin
58 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

raises good question

why does multi-billion industry totally reliant on healthy QBs do nothing to protect those arms?

(except maybe run trick plays on 1st day of full hitting)

https://theathletic.com/4730027/2023/08/01/quarterback-development-performance-tom-gormley/

“When I moved to the U.S., I felt like I was going to get this injection of knowledge,” Hewlett says. “I was, like, ‘They know how to teach this thing I want to learn about.’ I got here, and it was, like, ‘When am I going to start learning?’”

Once, after a couple of bad throws, one coach told Hewlett to “think harder.”

“It was, like, ‘What? What the f— am I supposed to think about?’” Hewlett says. “It pissed me off. (It’s) the country’s sport, and nobody could tell me why my football wobbled or why I couldn’t hit the target. I didn’t get it.”

Backup Chicago Bears quarterback Nathan Peterman says current players still talk about the lack of coaching knowledge about throwing and, more specifically, the arm.

“It’s really kind of absurd,” Peterman says. “You think about the NFL being about a business worth billions.”

Peterman rehabbed inside the warehouse-like facility and constantly wondered: “Why are quarterbacks not taking their arms as seriously as pitchers are?”

“I was just like, ‘We don’t even talk about arm care at all,’” Peterman says.

“Seriously. Sometimes teams will count throws (during practice). But then they don’t do anything (with that data).”

On the other hand, Allen and others worked with Jordan Palmer on biomechanics, including arm care.

So I'd say Peterman and Hewlett have a point.

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

On the other hand, Allen and others worked with Jordan Palmer on biomechanics, including arm care.

So I'd say Peterman and Hewlett have a point.

smart for some some QBs to go on their own to an outside consultant

seems the teams should be much more heavily involved in developing and protecting their Golden Ticket

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
On 7/29/2023 at 11:58 AM, Ann said:

I donno, I think Joe Burrow is a darned good QB.

pocket.jpg.eeea1c0085bf8bbf65c9953dcc9eccf2.jpg

They aren't wrong.  Allen is literally QB1 in NFL history when it comes to athletic gifts.  There's never been anyone like him.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Cam Newton strategy huh?  Let’s hope he doesn’t start dressing like someone’s grandmother once he gets too beat up to play.

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The Cam Newton strategy huh?  Let’s hope he doesn’t start dressing like someone’s grandmother once he gets too beat up to play.

Cam still has one of my favorite moments on a football field, ever.