Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

8 hours ago, Ann said:

Twitter rumor says Joe Burrow is getting a new contract this week, and expected to be the highest paid player in the NFL.

We shall see.

And I bet his calf has magically healed, too.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ann said:

Twitter rumor says Joe Burrow is getting a new contract this week, and expected to be the highest paid player in the NFL.

We shall see.

20 minutes ago, snafu said:

And I bet his calf has magically healed, too.

Correctly connecting the dots on that one @snafu

11 hours ago, Ann said:

We shall see.

Hopefully it knocks all the others out of the water.  Would love to see them not be able to afford both those wideouts in the future.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hopefully it knocks all the others out of the water.  Would love to see them not be able to afford both those wideouts in the future.

Yeah, for Bengals that might end up being a problem. We can only hope.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2

Highest-paid QBs in the NFL in new money average per year:

1. Joe Burrow: $55M

2. Justin Herbert: $52.5M

3. Lamar Jackson: $52M

4. Jalen Hurts: $51M

5. Aaron Rodgers: $49M

6. Kyler Murray: $46.1M

7. Deshaun Watson: $46M

8. Patrick Mahomes: $45M

9. Josh Allen: $43M

T-10. Daniel Jones: $40M

T-10. Matthew Stafford: $40M

T-10. Dak Prescott: $40M

• Like 1

Why was Dak Prescott knocked out and sedated 11 hours? Answer may surprise you

</snip>

It took roughly 11 hours to complete and Prescott was put under sedation the entire time.

Remember the controversy about owner Jerry Jones not telling Prescott and Mike McCarthy about the trade for Lance?
Well, the highest paid player in franchise history didn’t tell Jones or his coach about the process of going for 11 hours under until after it was done.

At least he told McCarthy. He never told Jones, who didn’t find out until he was informed by a Star-Telegram reporter in training camp.

“I certainly didn’t know he was under for 10 hours,” a shocked Jones said. “Just so you’re clear, I had no idea about tattoos. I better get up to date on it. I had no idea that required that kind of sedation of any tattoo. It further explains to me why I don’t have a tattoo.”

So the idea of your $40 million quarterback being sedated for more than 10 hours doesn’t frighten you?
“I don’t have a comment,” Jones said before using humor to manage his emotions. “My comment is it explains to me why I don’t do tattoos.”

McCarthy found out the day after the procedure when he saw Prescott and his swollen leg in the locker room.

”I was like ‘whoa, what the ... happen to your leg’,” McCarthy recalled. “So he shows it to me. I’m like ‘Jesus Christ, how long did that take? You’ve been doing it all week. He said, no, I did it all at one time’. He showed me a video of it and like ‘Oh, my God’.”

Prescott explained: “I wasn’t going to tell them but I let them know after. When I saw Mike the next day and my leg was big, he was ‘what (happened to you).

For the record, the process was safe and supervised by a team of medical professionals and part of a new trend with expansive and expensive tattoos for celebrities.

Post Malone, Lil Uzi Vert, Offset, Moneybagg Yo, Odell Beckham Jr. all have gotten tattoos under sedation. And you can add receiver CeeDee Lamb and running back Tony Pollard to list of Cowboys who did it by the same artist that Prescott used, Andres Ortega from the Arizona tattoo shop Onder Link.

Lamb actually got his done first and referred Prescott to Ortega. Pollard was last.

“It was smooth. I just woke up,” Pollard said. “I knew Dak had just did it and CeeDee did it. I know if they trust them I was good. Whey are worth a lot of money.

When Dak did it, that was my green light. If Dak is cool with it. He makes good decisions.”

Neither Pollard nor Lamb were under for 11 or so hours. Neither are the $40 million quarterback of America’s Team who is in line for an extension worth more than $50 million annually.

“I did all this in one sitting,” Prescott said. “10 plus one day and the next day I went for a like two more hours. They came over on a Friday, ran over all the ideas, worked on them and printed them and came back the next day and laid them on my leg.”

</snip>

• Facepalm 3

Indy has been a one team QB carousel:

Anthony Richardson will become the seventh different quarterback to start on opening day for the Colts in each of the past seven seasons.
Their seven QB starters in seven years: Scott Tolzein (2017), Andrew Luck (2018), Jacoby Brissett (2019), Philip Rivers (2020), Carson Wentz (2021), Matt Ryan (2022), Richardson (2023).

• Like 1