Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Today I ...

Foxx

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Today I... am working on taxes.  🤔

Pulling 'em out of the shoebox and putting it all into a ledger/spreadsheets.

I first read that as "shredder" and thought, wow, balls on that guy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Today I solved a networking problem that I thought was going to be difficult, but wasn't.

So when asked if it was difficult, I got to say "I thought it would be...but it ended up being super easy, barely an inconvenience."  

With the head-bob.  

Best part of my day.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, snafu said:

I first read that as "shredder" and thought, wow, balls on that guy!

I'm quite anal. I save just about everything as far as recordkeeping goes. I think my log of records goes back to '93.

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Today I solved a networking problem that I thought was going to be difficult, but wasn't.

So when asked if it was difficult, I got to say "I thought it would be...but it ended up being super easy, barely an inconvenience."  

With the head-bob.  

Best part of my day.

Z2Fpbi5qcGc

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm quite anal. I save just about everything as far as recordkeeping goes. I think my log of records goes back to '93.

Oh, you don't know old paper until you've seen my office.

I talked everyone into buying an industrial grade shredder when things got a little slow during COVID.  We've been trying to get rid of the old stuff.  We've got packed shelves of banker boxes in about 1,800sf of basement space -- not to mention all the file cabinets stuffed to the gills in the office.  I wanted to rent a 30 yard container, put it on the street, fill it with old files and do a "controlled burn".  I think the fees, fines and penalties levied by the City would be less than any other disposal method.  My plan was unfortunately overruled.

Edited by snafu
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Oh, you don't know old paper until you've seen my office.

I talked everyone into buying an industrial grade shredder when things got a little slow during COVID.  We've been trying to get rid of the old stuff.  We've got packed shelves of banker boxes in about 1,800sf of basement space -- not to mention all the file cabinets stuffed to the gills in the office.  I wanted to rent a 30 yard container, put it on the street, fill it with old files and do a "controlled burn".  I think the fees, fines and penalties levied by the City would be less than any other disposal method.  My plan was unfortunately overruled.

Have a shred truck that will shred on-site do it.  It might take a while, but it is better than schlepping it to the shredders (where you cannot see them shredding) or doing it yourself when there is a lot to shred. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Have a shred truck that will shred on-site do it.  It might take a while, but it is better than schlepping it to the shredders (where you cannot see them shredding) or doing it yourself when there is a lot to shred. 

We’re slowly getting through it. We need to go through a lot to make sure there aren’t any loose ends. We unfortunately can’t just blast them. 

• Cheers 2

ExiledInIllinois

...discovered I take better pictures, more interesting shots than my co-workers. And by the height of that sun, they are lazy as fu.. That looks like about 8am... Even worse if they recycled a picture from another day. Cowards can't even at add time stamp! It appears I am more professional too. I think I need a raise for trying harder. LoL...

• Like 1

Today I heard my work desk phone ring for the first time.   

I have a work cell and until the end of last year never had a desk phone. Then our phone system went thru a fancy new VOIP upgrade and some guy dropped off a Cisco phone.  I didn't want the desk phone but ultimately it wasn't choice.  So I hooked up the phone, called my work cell to get my new VOIP number, and updated my Address Book contact with the new number

Then I put my desk phone on silent

And that was the last time I paid any attention to my desk phone, until today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devnull said:

Today I heard my work desk phone ring for the first time.   

I have a work cell and until the end of last year never had a desk phone. Then our phone system went thru a fancy new VOIP upgrade and some guy dropped off a Cisco phone.  I didn't want the desk phone but ultimately it wasn't choice.  So I hooked up the phone, called my work cell to get my new VOIP number, and updated my Address Book contact with the new number

Then I put my desk phone on silent

And that was the last time I paid any attention to my desk phone, until today.

So... if you put the desk phone on silent, how did it ring?

Crap Throwing Clavin

Am done with this goddamn ridiculous job.

Until they ask me to sign a consulting contract, and I gouge the living hell out of them, because this project is road kill without me.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

So... if you put the desk phone on silent, how did it ring?

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Somebody probably programmed an override. 🥸

Rebooted somehow.  Probably a power outage or scheduled update

• Cheers 2

The FBI searched my home for classified documents this AM.  (My  name was on their search list right after Pence.)  They found no documents, but expressed some concern about my choices of video subscriptions on YouTube.  (A clear message that I've got to stop watching sailing channels.)

• Facepalm 2
  • Wow 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Had the fifth opportunity this week to extend my cars extended warranty. 

Some guys have all the luck!

• Haha 1