Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Today I ...

Foxx

On 9/4/2023 at 9:50 AM, Fansince88 said:

Also, one of the pills they prescribed in the ER doubles as a diuretic.

You do realize that you've admitted to violating the league's substance abuse policy by having a diuretic in your system? You're suspended for the next 4 weeks. You may appeal to the commissioner, who will promptly ignore your appeal.

Also, I hope they figure something out for you!

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 9/4/2023 at 9:50 AM, Fansince88 said:

So little known fact. Cardiologist don't prescribe aspirin therapy as much because long term use can trigger Tachycardia.  😉 . Also, one of the pills they prescribed in the ER doubles as a diuretic. I have not been able to get enough to drink and pee like a race horse. I unprescribed both of those on Saturday. Since then all has been well. Heart rate has stayed consistent for the most part. This morning I have to remove my stick-on Halter Monitor and UPS that back tomorrow. 😑 thats gunna hurt.  Possibly as bad as when the nurse dry shaved my chest to stick it on Friday morning. Ouch! Surprised it stuck to the blood.

By "unprescribed," you mean stopped taking on your own judgement?

'Cause I'm all for that - I do it myself, all the time (about to call one of my doctors and tell them I changed how I'm taking one of my medications).  But I hope you told your doctors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

By "unprescribed," you mean stopped taking on your own judgement?

'Cause I'm all for that - I do it myself, all the time (about to call one of my doctors and tell them I changed how I'm taking one of my medications).  But I hope you told your doctors.

Yes and no. Im following orders if I was going to have a tooth pulled or something like that. In all reality though, you and I mentioned the origin of Aspirin.  Willow Bark.  Salicylate is the base. Do you realize how many foods I eat on a daily basis has salicylate? EVERYTHING. Im getting the non synthetic form all the time. Yes, I will be doscussing this with my Cardiologist.  They are going to call me when my results come back on the monitor. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Koko said:

You do realize that you've admitted to violating the league's substance abuse policy by having a diuretic in your system? You're suspended for the next 4 weeks. You may appeal to the commissioner, who will promptly ignore your appeal.

Also, I hope they figure something out for you!

Their answer when I was laying in the hospital with my pulse jumping from 70 to 150 back to 70 abd back to 150 for 7 hours was, "now that you are stable you can go home. I replied, "this is stable"? I went home and a couple hours later went and got my monitor.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fansince88 said:

Their answer when I was laying in the hospital with my pulse jumping from 70 to 150 back to 70 abd back to 150 for 7 hours was, "now that you aslre stable you can go home. I replied, "this is stable"? I went home and a couple hours later went and got my monitor.

Yikes. Take care of yourself.

That, or just go out in an orgy of hookers and blow.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Koko said:

A)Yikes. Take care of yourself.

B)That, or just go out in an orgy of hookers and blow.

Im going with A.....sort of. My life is in the hands of my creator. As I said previously, I spent quite a bit of time searching for His voice to instruct me. In the searching I was shown some correction in the ways I have been and some adjustments towards His plan for my life. None of what he said was B. 😆.  Onward and upward. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/5/2023 at 11:22 AM, Jabba The Hutt said:

Hopefully the meds were causing the issue and all is well from here on out🙏🏿

I have been good for a week now. I do believe it was the Aspirin as if I eat anything high in salicylates such as almonds or ginger root tea I can feel my heart beat more profoundly. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Today I purchased something on Amazon (new bluetooth headset for work), with my first criteria being "Does their marketing show any white guys using it?"  

Because frankly, if they're only going to market to the Asian trans quadriplegic and black gay yoga instructor communities, I'm just going to assume from now on their product simply isn't meant for me.

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

I have been good for a week now. I do believe it was the Aspirin as if I eat anything high in salicylates such as almonds or ginger root tea I can feel my heart beat more profoundly. 

I've told people for years it's not some miracle drug like all the old timers seem to think. Glad to hear you've probably identified the culprit and can ensure you don't have to deal with that anymore.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Today I, am going to take it easy.

My wife and I were with my lovely sister in law when she passed away early morning on the eleventh. Her children were not able to stay with her (and I was not there when my brother died) so it was obvious that that was where the Lord needed us to be.

Many thanks for the good wishes from my fellow BillsFans.

On second thought, since we are heading back to WNY tomorrow I think that maybe we will go horseback riding out at Red Rock and the a 'touristy' trip to Fremont Street tonight. 

• Love 6

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

My wife and I were with my lovely sister in law when she passed away early morning on the eleventh. Her children were not able to stay with her (and I was not there when my brother died) so it was obvious that that was where the Lord needed us to be.

On second thought, since we are heading back to WNY tomorrow I think that maybe we will go horseback riding out at Red Rock and the a 'touristy' trip to Fremont Street tonight. 

I'm sorry for your loss. It is good that you and your wife were there to lend comfort to your wifes sister when she needed it.

Safe travels my friend, safe travels. Enjoy the sights.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

May she rest in peace. :hug:

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Sorry for your loss brother! So hard to go through.

• Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went thru a fast food drive thru.

I ordered a carbonated beverage with my meal

After pulling up to the window, the worker said the only drinks were lemonade and iced tea because they have to reboot the drink machine

Yes, reboot the drink machine 

So I said I'd take iced tea.

A minute later another worker appeared with my food and iced tea, without any ice.  The second worker apologized for the lack of ice

Because they have to reboot the drink machine

Idiocracy wasn't just a movie, it was a prophecy.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, B-Man said:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you are walking a good spiritual path. Bless you and yours. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/1/2023 at 9:13 PM, Fansince88 said:

Have not discussed the treatments more than these would be options if it was this.  Are you a dr? I go from 70bpm to 170 and back down at my worse.

Pretty new to this convo too. 
I asked my wife - who was a medical ICU RN for 15 years to read up and weigh in on your issue(s). 
From her: Your halter monitor results (may) show what kind of tachycardia you have. You might get away with just taking Inderal if it’s a narrow complex. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

• Like 1

... got knocked out of the hammock when the dog leapt from it and landed square on the metal frame of it.  Sore hip, no biggie, right?  Right, at least until a call came in.  Turns out bent phones with cracked screens DO receive incoming calls and e-mails and texts and all that other rigamorole but they aren't particularly helpful in actually accepting and replying to the calls and e-mails and texts and all that other rigamorole.

New phone should be here tomorrow. 

Get a dog they said, they're cheap companions they said.  Forgot to include the cost of replacement phones in that calculation.  At least this one he didn't eat, unlike wifey's phone a couple of years back.

• Wow 1
  • Love 1