Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Today I ...

Foxx

On 9/22/2023 at 6:02 PM, Nanker said:

Pretty new to this convo too. 
I asked my wife - who was a medical ICU RN for 15 years to read up and weigh in on your issue(s). 
From her: Your halter monitor results (may) show what kind of tachycardia you have. You might get away with just taking Inderal if it’s a narrow complex. 

Good luck and keep us posted. 

Ended up being Atrial Tachycardia.  Tuesday I went to my Cardiologist. He barely skimmed over the findings of that weekend of wearing the halter monitor.  I was suffering with the atrial tachycardia at the time I was in his office and he didnt seem worried. He was more concerned with the labs, that I did not fast for because they were just checking my electrolytes and my cholesterol was slightly elevated. What really made me upset was after his concerns with my cholesterol and slight conversation concerning my electrolytes he said, well, see you in a year. I decided he will not see me in a year. Went to my pcp on Thursday and she went into detail about my other more pressing numbers. The numbers found that Im extremely deficient in D. Slightly deficient in Calcium.  And at the lower baseline in Potassium and Magnesium.  We decided I need to get them up. Unsure what would cause this I did some deep diving into it and found this:

The BP meds they had me on since my heart attack in January (btw, all of those numbers were at the high side of the spectrum.  This is what I found. 

Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE Inhibitors) are one of the most commonly used families of blood pressure medicines. Examples include; ramipril, enalapril, lisinopril, quinapril, fosinopril, trandolapril and captopril.

Nutrients that can be depleted by these medicines are zinc, magnesium, potassium and calcium.

Then when I started with the tachycardia in the end of August they switched my meds and I found this info: 

CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS
Another commonly used family of blood pressure medicines. Examples include; amlodipine, nifedipine, felodipine, diltiazem and verapamil.

Nutrients that can be depleted by these medicines are potassium, calcium, vitamin D and possibly Co-Enzyme Q10.

Symptoms that can occur due to deficiencies in these nutrients are fatigue, leg cramps, frequent infections, thirst, muscle weakness, bone loss, confusion, high blood pressure, confusion, heart disease and rapid or irregular heartbeat.

So I know this is long but before my heart attack bp was not an issue for the prevous 4 months because of my weightloss and diet change. Yet they put me on them after the stent but insist I stay on them. I have made some changes in my diet to increase the electrolytes as they should be. Including no longer taking the BP that seemed to have caused the issue in the first place. 🙄 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 3

On 2/4/2023 at 10:45 AM, Foxx said:

I've wanted to post this thread for a while now. The events of this morning gave me the impetus to do so. 

Just a thread to post anything meaningful that happened in your life today. Or if you just want to post whatever happened today.

I'm in my office surfing the 'net, and I hear a diesel engine outside the window that sounds like it stopped in the road. Wanting to see what was happening, I got up to look out the curtain. I see that the town snow plow salting the roads has stopped because my elderly neighbor was at his mailbox getting the mail. After a bit, he walked across his front lawn, enabling the snow plow to proceed without fear of possibly running him over. So I continue to watch my neighbor walk across his snowed front yard in his slippers and, with his walking cane, walk towards the neighbor's house. 

I figured he got some of their mail delivered to his mailbox and wanted to give it to them. Now it is dangerously cold out there today, and I am always concerned about this neighbor, but he has good children and grandchildren that come over every day to look in on them and stay for hours caring for them. Unfortunately, they were not around this morning.

So, after watching him struggle to get to the neighbors and fumble around for a couple of minutes, I realize something is not right. I put my coat and shoes on and go out to see if I can assist him. Sure enough, he thought he was heading back into his house. He tells me that he is blind and can't see a thing. So I explained to him that he was at the neighbor's house, not mine but the one on the other side of him, and proceeded to walk him back to his house. We get to the open garage door, and he says that he is okay from there. I told him we are close; let me walk you to the house door. He thanked me profusely, and I told him he was welcome but that I was just glad I heard the truck outside my window, or who knows what would have happened. 

All I know is that if he had gone out in the dark to get his mail last night, it might not have been a very good morning here. I will wait for his daughter to show up, explain to her what happened, that his getting the mail might not be a good idea, and that I can get it for them if it helps.

Anyhoo, is anything happening in your world today?

Today I... got the news my buddy passed last night.  😢 

• Sad 7

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

The furnace died last week.  To replace it, we have to move the water heater (tank's blocking the furnace in).  To move the tank, I had to take down a wall.  After we moved that, I found a corroded gas line behind it.

Today I woke up at 6am, to replace a gas line and rebuild a wall, to make space to relocate a water heater so my furnace guy can replace the furnace.  

Good news is I can build a non-load bearing wall in a morning.  And build it correctly - took the wall down because the "door" in the wall had no jack studs or header, and was an inch out of plumb over the height of the door.  :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
16 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The furnace died last week.  To replace it, we have to move the water heater (tank's blocking the furnace in).  To move the tank, I had to take down a wall.  After we moved that, I found a corroded gas line behind it.

Today I woke up at 6am, to replace a gas line and rebuild a wall, to make space to relocate a water heater so my furnace guy can replace the furnace.  

Good news is I can build a non-load bearing wall in a morning.  And build it correctly - took the wall down because the "door" in the wall had no jack studs or header, and was an inch out of plumb over the height of the door.  :wallbash:

Are you related to that lady who swallowed a fly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nanker said:

Today I’m fasting for a cardiac stress test @ 11. No caffeine for 24 hrs prior. I’m sure I’ll be getting a headache. 

I get my test done next Wednesday at 1 pm 

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
12 hours ago, Nanker said:

Today I’m fasting for a cardiac stress test @ 11. No caffeine for 24 hrs prior. I’m sure I’ll be getting a headache. 

Couldn't they just wire you up during a Bills game??  I can't think of anything more stressful than what this team is doing to me this season. 🫀

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mead107 said:

I get my test done next Wednesday at 1 pm 

If it’s a “nuclear” stress test, you’ll probably have to be fasting, so a 1 o’clock appointment is awful. Good luck R M. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
mead107
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Today I... learned my MIL passed away in the early am hours.

😪

So sorry to hear that. 
🙏🙏

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

😪

Condolence to you, and your wife and family.

• Like 1

Wishing you and your wife strength and comfort.  May your mother's soul rest in eternal peace.

My heartfelt sympathies to you and her family

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

😪

I am sorry for your loss. :hug:

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

😪

My condolences

• Like 1

Uncle Joe

Am doing work outside at the beach house. I thought I was making good time until I looked at my phone. I haven't been here in a couple weeks and these clocks don't reset themselves :smash:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Am doing work outside at the beach house. I thought I was making good time until I looked at my phone. I haven't been here in a couple weeks and these clocks don't reset themselves :smash:

Well at least you get to call it quits an hour early!

:beer:

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
On 3/18/2024 at 8:39 PM, Foxx said:

😪

Oh man. Just saw this bud. My condolences to you and yours. In my prayers as your mourning continues.

• Like 1