Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Today I ...

Foxx

Alaska Darin

Life's wounds are what we make them.  I carry a number of burdens that will never leave me but in a weird way I cherish each of them different reasons.  If you've never faced anything, you'll never be the best you.

When I read that obituary, I can't help but wonder how the TBI affected him and the future choices he'd make. 

For those of you who deal with addicts - if your person is EVER administered Narcan, DO NOT LET THEM LEAVE THE HOSPITAL.  There are numerous instances of what happened to Justin - the Narcan wearing off and the OD returning in full force.  It's not a miracle anti-drug.

• Cheers 3
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

To be clear, it was not my son, but that of a college friend.

However, I knew I didn't have to look under the couch a couple months ago...

It's difficult for me to even grasp the pain of losing a child, let alone losing them to addiction. I have a pit in my stomach just reading the obit. Few things would test my faith like that. I would, undoubtedly, grip John 9:3 with all my might. The only rationale for me, as a believer in Christ, is that I was being used to show the power of God.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's difficult for me to even grasp the pain of losing a child, let alone losing them to addiction. I have a pit in my stomach just reading the obit. Few things would test my faith like that. I would, undoubtedly, grip John 9:3 with all my might. The only rationale for me, as a believer in Christ, is that I was being used to show the power of God.

As you share you son's endeavors I wish the best for him in his future. 

Also, I also saw something spiritual in the fact that they got to spend so many good years with Justin after his TBI.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Life's wounds are what we make them.  I carry a number of burdens that will never leave me but in a weird way I cherish each of them different reasons.  If you've never faced anything, you'll never be the best you.

When I read that obituary, I can't help but wonder how the TBI affected him and the future choices he'd make. 

For those of you who deal with addicts - if your person is EVER administered Narcan, DO NOT LET THEM LEAVE THE HOSPITAL.  There are numerous instances of what happened to Justin - the Narcan wearing off and the OD returning in full force.  It's not a miracle anti-drug.

I still email Nervous Guy occasionally, just to let him know I'm still thinking about him and Danny.  

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yesterday I went to Vidler's in East Aurora.

🛍️

Never heard of them, just looked them up...

And they have a Vidler on the roof.  :applause:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yesterday I went to Vidler's in East Aurora.

🛍️

Does Vindlers serve vindaloo?

Vinderloos?

• Like 2

Today I am going to a 50 year high school reunion (casual get together this evening). 🍻
The drama started on Face Plant about a month ago :facepalm:

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Keukasmallie
On 7/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Never heard of them, just looked them up...

And they have a Vidler on the roof.  :applause:

Ed's on the roof, Bob in the store; at least that was the case when I lived there.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

GOT &#%$ING COVID.  😠

Welcome to the club.

I'm pretty sure I had it before it was well known. Wasn't sure at the time because I had symptoms that weren't being mentioned at that time. Months later when they updated the symptoms, I was convinced that that is what I had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

GOT &#%$ING COVID.  😠

3 people said they tested positive after the 50 year reunion last Saturday. I've had the crud all week (tired, sore throat, body aches).

Not bad, but not fun 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Welcome to the club.

I'm pretty sure I had it before it was well known. Wasn't sure at the time because I had symptoms that weren't being mentioned at that time. Months later when they updated the symptoms, I was convinced that that is what I had.

Sam. Have had it thrice I believe. First was rough (same as you, before they knew what it was). Second, Got a free week off for loosing my sense of smell. 3rd time my son tested positive as he had to test weekly for work. I had the same stuffed up nose and just ignored it. 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Welcome to the club.

Same.  Got pretty sick in January 2020.  All the covid symptoms.

Thought it was the flu.

We've been following Dr. Malone's protocol.  So far it's not as bad as the first time... which was really 2 days of feeling like shit and then 3 days of being basically tired.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

We've been following Dr. Malone's protocol.

:thumb:

Keep those Vitamin D level's up!

With all the milk I drink and the Sun I get from working outside all day, mine should be pretty elevated.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Same.  Got pretty sick in January 2020.  All the covid symptoms.

Thought it was the flu.

We've been following Dr. Malone's protocol.  So far it's not as bad as the first time... which was really 2 days of feeling like shit and then 3 days of being basically tired.

Dr Malone?