Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Election Season

Crap Throwing Clavin

This state official is poised to upend Biden's DNC-approved 2024 primary calendar for New Hampshire
Biden faces potential headaches in New Hampshire early next year if he stays off the primary ballot due to an unsanctioned presidential contest

</snip>

But New Hampshire Democrats have vigorously fought to keep their primary position. Longtime New Hampshire Democratic Party chair Ray Buckley has called the move by the DNC "mind-boggling" and a "self-inflicted wound" that would hurt the chances of Democratic candidates in 2024 in the key northeastern general election battleground state.

The DNC insists that New Hampshire, in order to keep its early voting slot in the new calendar, needs to scrap its decades-old state law that protects its first-in-the-nation primary status and must expand legislation to expand access to early voting. But with Republicans in control of New Hampshire’s governor’s office and both houses of the state legislature, Granite State Democrats argue that’s a non-starter.

The DNC a month ago gave New Hampshire an extension to come into compliance, but that just kicked the can down the road. The national party’s Rules and Bylaws Committee is expected to find the state non-compliant later this summer or early autumn.

Enter Scanlan, who will follow state law as he schedules the primary’s date. 

"If South Carolina is scheduled as the first primary, it would be at least seven days before that," Scanlan said. 

That would likely move the date of the New Hampshire primary into late January.

As for his timetable, Scanlan said that "we will schedule the filing period, which will happen sometime this fall, and then after that I would expect to announce the date of the primary. However, we’re just going to watch the developments as they occur and will make decisions based on what happens. We still have plenty of time in this process."

With New Hampshire nearly certain to move up the date of their contest, President Biden will likely stay off the ballot in New Hampshire to avoid an unsanctioned primary. And with Biden’s two primary challengers — environmental lawyer and high-profile vaccine skeptic Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and best-selling author and spiritual adviser Marianne Williamson — taking aim at the president and the DNC as they repeatedly campaign in New Hampshire, trouble could be brewing for the president in the Granite State’s primary.

</snip>

Back in New Hampshire, Scanlan says the battle over the primary has had a unifying affect by transcending the swing state’s increasingly bitter partisan politics. 

"This is a battleground state and our state House of Representatives right now is almost equally divided between Republicans and Democrats," said Scanlan a Republican who succeed longtime Democratic Secretary of State Bill Gardner. "It’s polarized. And we have some great debates based on political ideology, but I can tell you that there is one issue where the state is united — both Republicans and Democrats — and that is the first in the nation status of the New Hampshire primary."

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• Foxx

We might need a Ramaswamy thread if he keeps this up.

Ahead of FBI Director Christopher Wray’s testimony tomorrow before the House Judiciary Committee, I’m calling on Committee members to ask Wray the following 15 questions & hold him accountable:

1. If U.S. voters in 2024 elect a U.S. President who seeks to shut down the FBI, what is your recommended plan to help execute on this policy directive in an orderly manner?

2. John Durham issued a lengthy report in May accusing the FBI of acting negligently in opening the Trump-Russia investigation in 2016 based on insufficient information. As head of the Bureau, after having read and reflected on Mr. Durham’s report, what steps will the Bureau take to prevent baseless politicized investigations like that which impeded President Trump’s first term in office?

3. In 2020, you claimed ANTIFA was an “ideology, not an organization.” Do you still believe that? If yes, who or what exactly do you believe destroyed downtown Portland, firebombed businesses, and attacked the city courthouse for months?

4. Regarding the events of January 6 at the Capitol, there have been multiple reports suggesting that undercover FBI agents were involved in fomenting protesters. Can you clarify the FBI’s precise role in this situation and provide explanation of the facts?

5. Considering cases like the Gretchen Whitmer “kidnapping plot,” do you think the FBI does a responsible job of handling informants and undercover agents? Do you believe FBI-led entrapment is and should be unlawful?

6. Will you share the Jeffrey Epstein client list with the public?

7. Will you investigate members of Congress who used a taxpayer slush fund for hush money to hide sexual assault allegations?

8. What is your opinion about the Department of Justice labeling concerned parents at school board meetings as “domestic terrorists?” Do you share this view?

9. The unprecedented raid of former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence raised serious public concerns about the political persecution of the current president’s chief political opponent. What alternatives did you evaluate before sending FBI agents to raid the residence of a former U.S. President?

10. The FBI’s handling of investigations into Hunter Biden’s foreign business deals and Joe Biden’s involvement in these deals leave many unanswered questions about the Bureau’s decisions. Why do you believe that a settlement between Hunter Biden and the U.S. Department of Justice for a 10+ year-old offense was announced only within a couple of weeks following the federal indictment of the 45th U.S. President?

11. Why did the FBI refuse to cooperate with Congress with respect to oversight inquiries pertaining to then-Vice President Joe Biden’s alleged involvement in a $5 million bribery scheme with a Ukrainian company?

12. Is the FBI investigating Gen. Mark Milley for his supposed back-channel discussions with the Communist Chinese government shortly after the 2020 U.S. Presidential election?

13. How many FBI agents were fired last year? How many should have been fired?

14. Your predecessor James Comey received a multimillion-dollar book deal and charges six-figure speaking fees. Do you believe this is appropriate behavior for the former Director of the FBI?

15. Do you believe it is appropriate for the FBI to celebrate the legacy of J. Edgar Hoover, the namesake of the building in which the FBI is currently headquartered?

JD Rucker

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, devnull said:

6.  Somebody took the pic

And of that six, how many were political operatives or entry level pool reporters

7.  Because there's six people seated in the photo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The two birds on the right kinda merge together on a phone screen

• Haha 1

If you're following The Blaze/Tucker interviews, you can see why Trump isn't there. Tucker is laying waste to everyone, and Tucker is probably the one person Trump knows he can't call a vile, nasty piece of shit in a public venue like he does to everyone else who interviews him (not named Hannity).

Naturally, the Trumpsters will shit the bed on social media when Tucker gets to DeSantis because they already spend a shit ton of time lying about DeSantis and his wife, but in the end, Trump's smartest move is to avoid Tucker at all costs lest he be blown to smithereens, too. 

• Like 3
  • Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
31 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you're following The Blaze/Tucker interviews, you can see why Trump isn't there. Tucker is laying waste to everyone, and Tucker is probably the one person Trump knows he can't call a vile, nasty piece of shit in a public venue like he does to everyone else who interviews him (not named Hannity).

Naturally, the Trumpsters will shit the bed on social media when Tucker gets to DeSantis because they already spend a shit ton of time lying about DeSantis and his wife, but in the end, Trump's smartest move is to avoid Tucker at all costs lest he be blown to smithereens, too. 

Nah, Tucker is pro-Trump. He's said it repeatedly. 

The division is wild and will get worse, but it's primary season. Ron should have never entered this cycle, he got very bad advice from the worst sort of establishment hucksters. He won't be the nominee and in the end it won't be because of social media slander (of which I agree with you there's been plenty), but because he chose to listen to the wrong people and opted to go full Neocon. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nah, Tucker is pro-Trump. He's said it repeatedly. 

The division is wild and will get worse, but it's primary season. Ron should have never entered this cycle, he got very bad advice from the worst sort of establishment hucksters. He won't be the nominee and in the end it won't be because of social media slander (of which I agree with you there's been plenty), but because he chose to listen to the wrong people and opted to go full Neocon. 

I dunno. I keep hearing how Ron is the neocon, and not the guy who hired Wray, pushed the untested vaccine, shut down the country, criticized DeSantis for opening Florida too soon, and supported Fauci until it was too late.

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, IDBillzFan said:

I dunno. I keep hearing how Ron is the neocon, and not the guy who hired Wray, pushed the untested vaccine, shut down the country, criticized DeSantis for opening Florida too soon, and supported Fauci until it was too late.

All valid - but it doesn't change who Ron put around him. 

My biggest complaint with 45 was his personnel decisions, and whom he ultimately chose to listen to. It's something I'm not sure he's addressed adequately. 

Ron had a chance to learn from that mistake, but instead he chose to surround himself with the very same establishment people who tried to give us a "choice" between Bush 2.0 and Clinton 2.0. It doesn't make Ron a bad guy or anything, it just means if he's elected he won't be doing anything more than furthering the agenda of the establishment he claims to be fighting. 

His campaign is a mirage, the illusion of choice. 

Trump's may be that as well. I really couldn't tell you at this point. But at least with Trump he's got some added motivation (Revenge - which for a narcissist like Trump may well be a powerful motivator) that Ron lacks. Ron's move will be to make peace, to be seen as "reasonable" in the eyes of the media and public (which can only be achieved by bowing to the progressive left who controls the biggest microphones). That's not going to solve anything that needs to be solved. All it will do is kick the can down the road.

And again, a second Trump term may well be the same. It's why I'm undecided still about where my vote's going. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My biggest complaint with 45 was his personnel decisions, and whom he ultimately chose to listen to. It's something I'm not sure he's addressed adequately. 

Ron had a chance to learn from that mistake, but instead he chose to surround himself with the very same establishment people who tried to give us a "choice" between Bush 2.0 and Clinton 2.0. It doesn't make Ron a bad guy or anything, it just means if he's elected he won't be doing anything more than furthering the agenda of the establishment he claims to be fighting. 

Trump's may be that as well. I really couldn't tell you at this point. But at least with Trump he's got some added motivation (Revenge - which for a narcissist like Trump may well be a powerful motivator) that Ron lacks. Ron's move will be to make peace, to be seen as "reasonable" in the eyes of the media and public (which can only be achieved by bowing to the progressive left who controls the biggest microphones). That's not going to solve anything that needs to be solved. All it will do is kick the can down the road.

And again, a second Trump term may well be the same. It's why I'm undecided still about where my vote's going. 

I look at DeSantis and see him doing the things Americans want.

I look at Trump and see him doing things Trump wants. If you eliminate his Swifty-like sycophants, he's done. It doesn't help that Trump continues to surround himself with people Laura Loomer. She's an embarrassment to everyone; the right's version of Taylor Lorenz.

Frankly, it won't matter. The right has years to catch up with the way the left does things. It explains how a dementia-riddled old phuck raised $72M for a campaign that spends 60% of its time on vacation.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I look at DeSantis and see him doing the things Americans want.

I look at Trump and see him doing things Trump wants. If you eliminate his Swifty-like sycophants, he's done. It doesn't help that Trump continues to surround himself with people Laura Loomer. She's an embarrassment to everyone; the right's version of Taylor Lorenz.

Frankly, it won't matter. The right has years to catch up with the way the left does things. It explains how a dementia-riddled old phuck raised $72M for a campaign that spends 60% of its time on vacation.

Here is my question. You seem to really just not like Trump. If he wins the primary are you not voting?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My biggest complaint about 45 is that he's a thin-skinned carnival barker with the maturity of your average Taylor Swift fan.  And has been since the '80s.  

But you know what's great about that?  Hillary lost to a thin-skinned carnival barker with the maturity of your average Taylor Swift fan.  :applause:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/12/2023 at 3:37 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And 5 whole people. Two could only be half people, half reptoid which makes that only 1 full person.