Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Patriots @ Bills - Week #17

Hedge

Asymmetric Eye Black got some wheels

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-17-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

Next Gen stat of the game: Jalen Reagor reached a top speed of 20.62 mph on his 98-yard kick-return TD, the fastest speed by a Patriots ball carrier this season. In pursuit of Reagor, Bills kicker Tyler Bass reached 20.58 mph, the fastest play by a kicker in the NGS era (since 2016).

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Cheers 3

the only guarantee of a playoff spot is to win. 

The Bills will have to wait until Week 18 to clinch a playoff berth after Pittsburgh (9-7) defeated Seattle 30-23.

The Buffalo enters the final week seeded sixth in the AFC race. Barring ties, the Bills could still secure their fifth consecutive playoff berth with a loss to Miami if Pittsburgh loses at Baltimore or Jacksonville (9-7) loses at Tennessee.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
21 minutes ago, BillsintheHills said:

BigDubs today......I'm new here, happy to have been referred here by my friend, TakeYouToTasker! Lets Squish some fish next week!

Everyone, please welcome a good friend of mine to the board. BITH is one of the most standup individuals, and most passionate Bills fans I know.

He’s going to like it here.

• Like 4

KD in CA

Man I hate playing NE*.  Their D was really good both games this year.  Not being able to get the clinching score in the 4Q was frustrating, but nice late drive to close it out.  Sure hope Allen is ok.

Defense was really good, it was just a handful of big plays by NE that let them score enough to hang around.

Douglas and Martin were the obvious MVPs, but multiple big plays by others (Oliver, Rapp, Hyde, Kincaid) at big moments.

We got what we needed.  On to Miami.

• Like 5

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, KD in CA said:

Man I hate playing NE*.  Their D was really good both games this year.  Not being able to get the clinching score in the 4Q was frustrating, but nice late drive to close it out.  Sure hope Allen is ok.

Defense was really good, it was just a handful of big plays by NE that let them score enough to hang around.

Douglas and Martin were the obvious MVPs, but multiple big plays by others (Oliver, Rapp, Hyde, Kincaid) at big moments.

We got what we needed.  On to Miami.

Allen, in his post game presser, said that he got a mild stinger; and that it was the first time in his life he’d ever experienced one, so he didn’t know what he was feeling. Also that he’s 100% fine.

During post game handshakes he was right as rain.

• Like 3

Fansince88
27 minutes ago, BillsintheHills said:

BigDubs today......I'm new here, happy to have been referred here by my friend, TakeYouToTasker! Lets Squish some fish next week!

Nice. Meet him at the insane asylum? Welcome aboard the board!

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

Nice. Meet him at the insane asylum? Welcome aboard the board!

So.. I mean… what if he did?

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 3

Fansince88
1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So.. I mean… what if he did?

Psycho-Neurotic Institute for the Very, Very Nervous. If you don't know the reference you have never seen the best Mel Brooks movie ever!

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Psycho-Neurotic Institute for the Very, Very Nervous. If you don't know the reference you have never seen the best Mel Brooks movie ever!

High Anxiety was hilarious, but I’m partial to both Space Balls and History of the World Part One.

At the end of the day, however, it comes down to personal preference; and as long as we’re watching his work, we’re all winners.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2

CarpetCrawler
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Doesn’t have to be pretty. Next week is for the division. 

Yeah, but does it have to be that ugly ???

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 2

36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Said this in another thread, but IF the Colts and Texans tie, then they would both be 9-7-1.  Last time I checked, 10-7 was better than 9-7-1.

That would give (in a worst case) the Jags their division and the Stillers the 6 seed.  But those 2 and KC (who doesn't matter because they won their division) are the only ones in that scenario that move ahead of Buffalo recordwise and because the Jags would be winning their division as well, they don't matter to the Bills either.

• Cheers 3

Fansince88
Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

High Anxiety was hilarious, but I’m partial to both Space Balls and History of the World Part One.

High Anxiety: Nurse Diesel flying to her death at the end is classic!  

Space Balls: What do we have on this ship, a Cuisinart!

History of the World: Wait for the shake!

That said, Young Frankenstien too!

• Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, Sean Hamilton said:

Fins fan here. Congrats on beating the Pats and gonna congratulate you on beating the Fins next week. My team just can't figure out a way to win the big games when they need too. You guys win the East again as my team limps into the playoffs.

Is this one of those reverse psyche jinx things?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Said this in another thread, but IF the Colts and Texans tie, then they would both be 9-7-1.  Last time I checked, 10-7 was better than 9-7-1.

That would give (in a worst case) the Jags their division and the Stillers the 6 seed.  But those 2 and KC (who doesn't matter because they won their division) are the only ones in that scenario that move ahead of Buffalo recordwise and because the Jags would be winning their division as well, they don't matter to the Bills either.

The Jags have to win next week to win their division.

You do raise an interesting scenario if the Colts/Texans were to tie and the Jags lose. In that case, I believe the Colts would win their division based upon conference record. And in that scenario, I believe the Bills would have the 7th seed if they lost next week.

14 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

History of the World: Wait for the shake!

The Inquisition!  What a show!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The Jags have to win next week to win their division.

You do raise an interesting scenario if the Colts/Texans were to tie and the Jags lose. In that case, I believe the Colts would win their division based upon conference record. And in that scenario, I believe the Bills would have the 7th seed if they lost next week.

Yes, in that scenario, depending upon whether the Stealers win or lose (or tie), the Bills would be the 7 seed or the 6 seed.  (7 w/ a Pitt W; 6 w/ a Pitt L/T).

The Bills need at least 1 of the following to happen.

A win or tie by the Bills gets them in the playoffs.

A tie or loss by the Jags gets the Bills in the playoffs.

A tie or a loss by Pitt gets the Bills in the playoffs.

A tie by Indy and Houston gets the Bills in the playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1