Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Patriots @ Bills - Week #17

Hedge

2 hours ago, Ann said:

He hasn't been the same since his brother told him he was afraid for his life in Buffalo and he "had to get out of there." The turning point was - as Crap Throwing Clavin correctly pointed out - Maddie Glab's infamous F-bomb outburst in a presser where she threatened to turn all of the letter "I"s in Diggs' writings into hearts! Obviously he couldn't handle that personal attack.

Edited by Nanker

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Officials. 

No, seriously.  I want to know who the Bills are playing against.  :classic_dry:

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No, seriously.  I want to know who the Bills are playing against.  :classic_dry:

Themselves would be my guess.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Fansince88
20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Miami.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Yesterday, from play calling through execution, was not the best for the Bills offense

not.jpg.e1416b05d402220066825689acd9dc1a.jpg

Brady isn’t the answer. This offense doesn’t hit it’s peak until they have an O coordinator who understands how to employ an offense that has 2 quality TEs.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Brady isn’t the answer. This offense doesn’t hit it’s peak until they have an O coordinator who understands how to employ an offense that has 2 quality TEs.

I think it's kind of tough to fully evaluate him. Making an in-season switch, I question how much of the playbook you can realistically change. Tweaks here and there, sure. Even instituting new plays, no doubt. I just dont know if you can fully change philosophy to fit your complete vision with an in-season change.

I mean, maybe you can. I just dont know. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge would know. Maybe @Alaska Darin?

• Cheers 3

Seasons1992
On 12/31/2023 at 4:13 PM, Nanker said:

Fins still haven’t beaten a team with a winning record since forever. 

I don’t have time to send you last weeks results.

Seasons1992
20 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Ugh we need the ravens backups to beat pittsburgh or the titans to beat the jags if we can’t beat the fish? That doesn’t seem very likely..

how about, the Bills take care of business?

tired of the scared attitudes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I think it's kind of tough to fully evaluate him. Making an in-season switch, I question how much of the playbook you can realistically change. Tweaks here and there, sure. Even instituting new plays, no doubt. I just dont know if you can fully change philosophy to fit your complete vision with an in-season change.

I mean, maybe you can. I just dont know. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge would know. Maybe @Alaska Darin?

I will say that so far I haven't seen any "real" differences in the offense under Brady (how many &#%$ing screens to Diggs are we going to run before we admit it's never going to work?).  The margins of games look pretty much the same but we're on the right side more often.  The problems are still right there for all to see.

Obviously the Dallas game when we only threw the ball 15 times but ran for 266 yards was outside the norm but Dallas' absolute refusal to put actual LBers on the field was one of the more head scratching decisions I've ever seen.  Kudos to Brady in that one for just sticking with the script since McCarthy/Quinn stayed obstinate.

KC game:  Execution was still poor.  Lotsa plays left on the field.  Defense finally made plays with game on the line.

LAC game:  Offense mostly sucked but got the FG drive to win the game.  Ed Oliver got the key sack on the opening play of the Chargers' last drive to end the final threat.

Philly:  Offense was excellent but everyone moves the ball through the air against the Eagles.

NE:  Should have scored 50 with the turnovers/field position.  The 4 minute football at the end was great but it was mostly because we have Josh Allen.

There are still far too many plays where at least one guy isn't doing what he's supposed to and Josh is forced to do superman things to move the football.  I don't know WTF Shakir has to do to be on the field more often but if I was the OC, he'd be a fixture.  This receiving corps drops far too many passes, which will end up being the biggest problem if this team doesn't make the playoffs (we've overcome the injuries with the excellent depth that GMBB and company have blessed McDermott with).

• Like 6

Alaska Darin
27 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I don’t have time to send you last weeks results.

That game is almost a mulligan because Dallas doesn't beat anyone even decent on the road and Miami doesn't beat any decent team anywhere. 

McCarthy is the most overrated SB winning coach in NFL history.

• Like 1

KD in CA
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

Themselves would be my guess.

That’s certainly the most common opponent.

• Haha 2

KD in CA
29 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I will say that so far I haven't seen any "real" differences in the offense under Brady (how many &#%$ing screens to Diggs are we going to run before we admit it's never going to work?).

I want to hurt somebody every &#%$ing time they run that.

This is the NFL, which stands for “all the defensive backs are alert and fast and feast on that weak ass college shit”

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

36 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I will say that so far I haven't seen any "real" differences in the offense under Brady (how many &#%$ing screens to Diggs are we going to run before we admit it's never going to work?).  The margins of games look pretty much the same but we're on the right side more often.  The problems are still right there for all to see.

Obviously the Dallas game when we only threw the ball 15 times but ran for 266 yards was outside the norm but Dallas' absolute refusal to put actual LBers on the field was one of the more head scratching decisions I've ever seen.  Kudos to Brady in that one for just sticking with the script since McCarthy/Quinn stayed obstinate.

KC game:  Execution was still poor.  Lotsa plays left on the field.  Defense finally made plays with game on the line.

LAC game:  Offense mostly sucked but got the FG drive to win the game.  Ed Oliver got the key sack on the opening play of the Chargers' last drive to end the final threat.

Philly:  Offense was excellent but everyone moves the ball through the air against the Eagles.

NE:  Should have scored 50 with the turnovers/field position.  The 4 minute football at the end was great but it was mostly because we have Josh Allen.

There are still far too many plays where at least one guy isn't doing what he's supposed to and Josh is forced to do superman things to move the football.  I don't know WTF Shakir has to do to be on the field more often but if I was the OC, he'd be a fixture.  This receiving corps drops far too many passes, which will end up being the biggest problem if this team doesn't make the playoffs (we've overcome the injuries with the excellent depth that GMBB and company have blessed McDermott with).

Thanks.

I, too, don't understand why Shakir isn't more of a focus. He reminds me of Beasley, in the respect that he just seems to find openings, no matter what.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I want to hurt somebody every &#%$ing time they run that.

This is the NFL, which stands for “all the defensive backs are alert and fast and feast on that weak ass college shit”

It truly only works if you have a "special" talent kinda guy (think Tyreek) who has elite top end speed, gets there immediately, and can make the first guy miss.  Diggs is very good at making the first defender miss in space but is not a twitchy, burner type guy. 

The worst part of the running that play is the ONE time we had KC setup for an easy TD to Davis by faking it...we didn't block it well enough for JA17 to get the pass off.  &#%$ that &#%$ing play.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
11 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Yesterday's effort will not win the next outing....

I doubt we play tight against Miami.  For whatever reason, Belichick still has an aura at OBD that Miami doesn't enjoy.

• Like 4