Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Patriots @ Bills - Week #17

Hedge

Sig1Hunter

Ugh we need the ravens backups to beat pittsburgh or the titans to beat the jags if we can’t beat the fish? That doesn’t seem very likely..

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Ugh we need the ravens backups to beat pittsburgh or the titans to beat the jags if we can’t beat the fish? That doesn’t seem very likely..

Or the 2 other AFC South teams beat each other up, get to OT and fail to have a winner declared.  Not likely, but did it seem likely a 6-6 team facing the 3rd (?) toughest remaining schedule would win 4 of the last 5 (which is what would have to be the worst case scenario for any of the rest of that to even matter)?

• Like 2

Sig1Hunter
12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Or the 2 other AFC South teams beat each other up, get to OT and fail to have a winner declared.  Not likely, but did it seem likely a 6-6 team facing the 3rd (?) toughest remaining schedule would win 4 of the last 5 (which is what would have to be the worst case scenario for any of the rest of that to even matter)?

Yeah i know.. hopefully we get the night game so we know exactly what’s at stake

• Like 2

KD in CA
25 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I don't recall, is Harbaugh a 'rest everyone' guy?  They already have a bye week coming, so could see them wanting to stay sharp.  Plus the hatred between those teams runs deep, so Baltimore wouldn't mind KOing Pittsburgh from the playoffs.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I don't recall, is Harbaugh a 'rest everyone' guy?  They already have a bye week coming, so could see them wanting to stay sharp.  Plus the hatred between those teams runs deep, so Baltimore wouldn't mind KOing Pittsburgh from the playoffs.

The Ravens on paper do not have anything to play for.  But this is Steelers vs Ravens.  There's alot of history there. 

Harbaugh would love to knock the Steelers from contention

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Plus, can still recall a Mularkey led team that as the day evolved, it turned out that they only needed to beat in Orchard Park a Stillers team that was resting EVERYBODY to make the playoffs and they spit the bit.  Stuff happens.

Would be very sweet to see the Bills get the late game next week and get to know by then that the Stillers had spit the bit themselves and the game in Fishland was strictly for seeding.

Uncle Joe
4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Plus, can still recall a Mularkey led team that as the day evolved, it turned out that they only needed to beat in Orchard Park a Stillers team that was resting EVERYBODY to make the playoffs and they spit the bit.

Amazon Prime Video Friends GIF by The Boys

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Nouseforaname

Bills are not going to get help from anyone.  Need to win.  They’ve done it before and need to get it done.

No more mulligans.  Get it done against the fish. 

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
23 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Bills are not going to get help from anyone.  Need to win.  They’ve done it before and need to get it done.

No more mulligans.  Get it done against the fish. 

Bills aren't going to win either.  Season is done.

• Boo 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The bills have played their best games against playoff teams.

Eagles, chiefs, cowboys, dolphins, etc. They will not come out flat against the fish.  They will be ready like the west gate shopping mall attack.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

The bills have played their best games against playoff teams.

Eagles, chiefs, cowboys, dolphins, etc. They will not come out flat against the fish.  They will be ready like the west gate shopping mall attack.

Yeah.

Who's officiating the game?

• Like 1
  • I don't know 1

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah.

Who's officiating the game?

Officials. 

30 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

80d819e6-f734-4f2c-aeb9-d05dce621752_tex

• Haha 1

NFL and NBC must really be craving ratings to make us sit thru the crappy Packers vs Vikings blowout for the Week 18 schedule

Edited by devnull

IDBillzFan

Rough day if you expect the offense to just shred everyone, especially after the Chargers game, but there was still plenty to appreciate.

We tend to forget divisional games are always tight. As bad as NE* has been this year, their defense hasn't been the problem. That said, it was great to see the offense close the game. All we hear is "Well, the Bills were leading when Josh left the field."  Nice to have the offense end it.

Credit to Zappe. I can't count the number of times I was convinced he was sacked, but he somehow came out of it and threw a strike. The long ball to Reagor was a thing of beauty, throw and catch. I think NE* should build its team of the future around him. All in on him. 100%. Do it, Kraft.

Again, I love Rasul Douglas. I hope he loves the Mafia equally as much. 

Even on a bad day, JA17 gets you two TDs and the key first down when you need it. He's always trying to find a way to win. He won't get MVP because people MVP voters aren't smart enough to understand what that title means, but it doesn't matter. In the end, the Bills don't lose because of him, in spite of his footwork.

Few things would be as wonderful as yanking the AFC East title away the fins when they were sure they were SB bound after the dropped 70 on Denver.