Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

PFF's top 50 players
(50-41 came out today)

</snip>

The ranking below is a projection of what we think will happen and not necessarily a reaction to a spectacular or underwhelming 2020 season. Additionally, positional value is not considered here, so safeties, guards and even running backs have just as good a chance to rank highly as quarterbacks, who would dominate the list if positional value was heavily factored.

</snip>

45. WR STEFON DIGGS, BUFFALO BILLS
In his first year in Buffalo, Diggs teamed up with Josh Allen and the rest of the Bills offense to produce his finest season to date. He saw 21 more targets, hauled in 25 more receptions and tallied 403 yards more than he had in any single season to date, and he caught those passes at a higher rate (78.4%) than any other season of his career.

Diggs effectively justified the frustration he felt in Minnesota — he knew that he was capable of much more; all he needed was increased opportunity. He showed that in Buffalo in Year 1 as one of the best and most complete receivers in the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Yeah, I don't know how much credence I would put into this article, or Jay Skurski for that matter. I guess we shall see how training camp plays out.

Cole Beasley Could Be Cut Before Bills Season Starts: Report

Cole Beasley enjoyed a career-best season in 2020, falling just short of 1,000 yards and making the first NFL All-Pro team of his career. But it may end up being his final season with the Buffalo Bills, with a new report suggesting that his offseason controversies and rise of new slot candidates could make Beasley a candidate to get cut before the season starts. ...

• Doh! 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Yeah, I don't know how much credence I would put into this article, or Jay Skurski for that matter. I guess we shall see how training camp plays out.

Cole Beasley Could Be Cut Before Bills Season Starts: Report

Cole Beasley enjoyed a career-best season in 2020, falling just short of 1,000 yards and making the first NFL All-Pro team of his career. But it may end up being his final season with the Buffalo Bills, with a new report suggesting that his offseason controversies and rise of new slot candidates could make Beasley a candidate to get cut before the season starts. ...

Considering the near unanimous player support he received after his comments, cutting him would be a total dick move and potentially fracture the locker room.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GG1 said:

Considering the near unanimous player support he received after his comments, cutting him would be a total dick move and potentially fracture the locker room.  

Agree. That said if he gets cut it is because he isn't the best choice. This management staff does not hold opinions against their players. That said, they all know this is a business and the decisions point towards February!

Until his production on the field falls off, Cole will be a Bill. He had a career year last year. 

And who the hell isDoug Farrah and why should I give two sheets about what he thinks. 

• Like 3

The drop that drove Bills' Gabriel Davis to tears ... and fueled his breakout rookie season

Gabriel Davis had known nothing but success.

The sophomore wide receiver for No. 7-ranked Central Florida had won his first 21 college football games when he lined up for a nationally televised showdown against No. 11 LSU in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 1, 2019, in Glendale, Ariz.

Davis had already caught one touchdown when, with the Knights trailing 34-21 with about five minutes remaining in the third quarter, he blew past the coverage and down the left sideline. Quarterback Darriel Mack Jr. hit him in stride at the Tigers’ 30-yard line, nothing between Davis and the end zone. And the ball fell to the turf. The Knights lost, 40-32.

“He dropped it,” Davis’ longtime trainer, Bert Whigham, told The Buffalo News. “And he should have caught it. And he calls me after the game, crying. ‘What do I gotta do?’

“And I said, ‘You’ve got to outwork everyone.’ And he drove to Disney, where we were, from UCF. An hour each way. During peak traffic times. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for the next five months going into his junior year. And then the whole summer trained with us, too. That’s what it takes, right there. What do I got to do? You’ve got to work. And he did it.”

</snip>

Davis finished the 2020 regular season with 35 catches for 599 yards and seven touchdowns, which were the second-most on the team behind only Stefon Diggs’ eight scores and tied Minnesota’s Justin Jefferson for the second-most touchdowns in the league by a rookie wide receiver.

His catches and receiving yards ranked third among Bills wide receivers, behind Diggs and Cole Beasley, who were both named All-Pros. And his 17.1 yards per reception ranked first.

Davis also led all NFL rookies with five touchdown catches of 20 or more yards, according to the analytics website Pro Football Focus. He did not drop a single one of those targets.

</snip>

• Like 2

Bills' wide receivers among best in NFL, primed for deep playoff run

... What to expect: The Bills heavily leaned on their wide receivers last season.

Buffalo targeted its wide receivers more than any other team in the NFL except Pittsburgh, used four-wide receiver sets on 15% of their plays for second in the league, and the analytics website Pro Football Focus awarded the group the second-highest receiving grade.

This year should bring more of the same, with the starting quarterback, three of the top four receivers and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll all returning.

Davis should continue to grow after his excellent rookie season, particularly if Sanders embraces the role of veteran mentor. McKenzie remains a threat on screens and jet sweeps. And Hodgins, a sixth-round draft pick in 2020 who spent his rookie season on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, is healthy, adds size (6-4, 210) and impressed during offseason workouts.

This group is primed for another deep playoff run.