Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Bills receiver Stefon Diggs strikes endorsement deal with Jordan brand

The wide receiver talks about sneakers, competitiveness and joining the Jordan Brand family.

No singular play, outfit or meme-ified football cleat can define who 27-year-old Stefon Diggs is, what he’s about or what he’s capable of, though he’s used to others trying to dictate his story.

After making a game-winning divisional round playoff catch (affectionately declared the “Minneapolis Miracle”), Stefon’s teammates joked that he had peaked. Then, he posted three straight seasons of 1,000-plus receiving yards, made his first Pro Bowl, was named first-team All-Pro and asserted himself as a top receiving threat on the field.

Stefon, who is from Maryland, was drafted in the fifth round by Minnesota. After playing with multiple quarterbacks and a run-heavy offense throughout five seasons in Minneapolis, he was traded to Buffalo.

There, Stefon caught fire, connecting with the team’s center for 127 receptions and 1,535 yards, both numbers that led the league. The 127 catches, eight of which finished in the endzone, were good for the sixth-most in a single NFL season, and the 1,535 yards were the most ever by a player in his first season with a new team.

In every season he’s been in the league, Stefon has made plays of at least 40 yards, including a game-tying touchdown in his third game as a pro. In 2020, he had at least six catches in every game and made double-digit receptions five different times.

Ever since he got to Buffalo, Stefon’s golden grin and fashion sense have kept cameras locked on him. When he’s not dressed in a signature ‘fit, with a statement jacket or hat, his uniform still shows his personality through customized cleats.

Next season, Stefon will have custom Jumpman cleats to support his game. We caught up with him to discuss his path, his style and joining Jordan Brand. Welcome to the family, Stefon.

</snip>

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

We caught up with him to discuss his path, his style and joining Jordan Brand. Welcome to the family, Stefon.

So much for the rumor that Buffalo is too small a market to warrant national endorsements.

This is AWESOME for our team.

• Like 8
  • FANtastic 1

So, Diggs signed a deal with Dicks Sporting Goods as well as Jordan.

(The Athletic, paid site)

'I’m definitely feeling the love’: 1 year later, Stefon Diggs is starting to feel at home in Buffalo

Stefon Diggs spent the weekend doing something he rarely got to do in his first season as a Buffalo Bill: connecting with fans.

Diggs took part in a Q&A with youth football players as part of an event at the grand opening of Dick’s Sporting Goods House of Sport outside of Rochester, N.Y. It was Diggs’ first trip to suburban Rochester, where he would have taken part in Bills training camp last August if not for the pandemic.

“I’m definitely feeling the love,” Diggs said after the event. “I feel like my first (season), I didn’t get the full experience at all. I got cheated a little bit. But this time around, I feel like I’m getting to know the community and our people. They’re amazing, super nice, huge football fans.”

Diggs’ marketing deal with Dick’s is just the latest in what has been a busy offseason away from the field. On the heels of a season in which he led the NFL in receptions and receiving yards, Diggs has also signed a deal with Jordan Brand and invested in Dapper Labs, the company behind NBA Top Shot. His success in 2020 made him a marketing commodity despite playing in one of the league’s smallest markets.

</snip>

• Like 1

I'm sure this is really nothing.

Stefon Diggs' Car Found Abandoned Near Miami Airport; Bills WR Denies Wrongdoing

A representative for Stefon Diggs said the Buffalo Bills wide receiver was not in Florida over the weekend, when a Mercedes-Benz G-Class registered under his name was found abandoned near the Miami airport.

TMZ Sports reported Friday police were called to the scene Sunday morning to investigate why the car, which carries a six-figure price tag, was left vacant sitting near train tracks. Nobody was in the area, so the vehicle was towed.

"[Stefon] was not driving the car," Diggs' rep told TMZ. "He allowed a friend to use the car while he was gone. Unfortunately, the friend had got a flat tire with the car."...

• Wow 1

42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm sure this is really nothing.

Stefon Diggs' Car Found Abandoned Near Miami Airport; Bills WR Denies Wrongdoing

A representative for Stefon Diggs said the Buffalo Bills wide receiver was not in Florida over the weekend, when a Mercedes-Benz G-Class registered under his name was found abandoned near the Miami airport.

TMZ Sports reported Friday police were called to the scene Sunday morning to investigate why the car, which carries a six-figure price tag, was left vacant sitting near train tracks. Nobody was in the area, so the vehicle was towed.

"[Stefon] was not driving the car," Diggs' rep told TMZ. "He allowed a friend to use the car while he was gone. Unfortunately, the friend had got a flat tire with the car."...

Hell of a "friend" huh? Borrows your expensive car, gets a flat and abandons it? I won't even touch the "how to change a tire" with the beta males of today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:44 AM, Cinga said:

Hell of a "friend" huh? Borrows your expensive car, gets a flat and abandons it? I won't even touch the "how to change a tire" with the beta males of today.

I have 4 sisters and they all can change a tire. I bet they could all steal a car with a manual transmission too. 

• Cheers 1

I'll drop this in the Receiver grouping thread because of the fact that we went out and got Diggs last year though it could just as easily go into the Allen thread,

Ranking the Top 5 QB-WR Duos Entering 2021 NFL Draft

... 4. Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills

d013de701dd78440f48e8227f2c6dc2b_crop_ex

Just like the Cardinals' playmakers, Bills quarterback Josh Allen and wide receiver Stefon Diggs didn't take long to put defenses on notice.

Diggs recorded 100 receiving yards or a touchdown in five of his first six outings with Buffalo. More importantly, he contributed to Allen's third-year leap.

Allen went into the 2020 campaign with a 56.3 percent completion rate and fewer than 3,100 yards in each of his first two campaigns. The 24-year-old threw for 4,544 yards and 37 touchdowns with 10 interceptions last season.

He did that despite having to adjust to a new lead receiver without a full offseason. Allen put the ball in the right spots, connecting with Diggs on short, intermediate and deep passes.

Allen's impressive accuracy benefitted Diggs, who led the league in catches (127) and yards (1,535). Their rapport significantly elevated the Bills aerial attack, which ranked 26th in 2019 and finished third in 2020.

Despite the productivity of Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins, the Cardinals still fielded a bottom-half passing attack. The impact of the Bills' quarterback-wideout duo propelled Allen and Diggs to the No. 4 slot. ....

• Like 4