Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

7 hours ago, Ann said:

Link to article (digital)

</snip>

...playing with Allen allowed for a complete change in Diggs' previous mindset.

"I like to buy into a process, and I want to blend in as much as I can and let my play stand out. This is going to sound crazy, but I'm a by-the-book guy," Diggs said. "Josh will just look at me and say, 'Stef, just get open and catch the ball. I really don't care what you do before that.' And that's hard to hear because I'm so used to timing routes and doing things in a certain type of way. But this is where the creativity comes in. I can mix things up a little bit, and the quarterback trusts me. The only way you can build that trust is by making plays."

</snip>

That was transcribed here.

• Like 1

He's from Miami.

From when he tore up the Dolphins in last years regular season finale.

When Isaiah McKenzie sat down back at his locker after the Buffalo Bills’ 56-26 thrashing of the Miami Dolphins, his phone was flooded with text messages.

“Why did you do that to the Dolphins?” McKenzie’s friends and family from South Florida wanted to know.

“I did what I had to do,” the Bills wide receiver said.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Hedge said:

“Why did you do that to the Dolphins?” McKenzie’s friends and family from South Florida wanted to know.

Uh, he gets paid a lot of money to crush his enemies, see them driven before him, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

• Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

In 2018 I'd have laughed if someone said going into the 2021 PFF figured Buffalo had the fourth best receiving squad. Today? I think it is too low a ranking/projection.

Ranking all 32 NFL receiving corps ahead of the 2021 season
PFF
Steve Palazzolo

4. Buffalo Bills

Last season, Bills wide receivers earned the second-highest receiving grade in the league at 89.0, and they’ve done a fantastic job of building this group of playmakers. Stefon Diggs was the final piece last year, as he dominated at all levels of the field and finished with the No. 2 receiving grade in the league. Meanwhile, Cole Beasley led the league with 948 yards in the slot, and he’s best open on 70.2% of his targets against single coverage since 2018, best in the NFL.

With John Brown moving on, Emmanuel Sanders and Gabriel Davis will both see plenty of playing time, as the Bills used the second-most four-wide receiver sets in the NFL last year. Sanders is a good route-runner who can still produce in a possession role, even at age 34 years of age. He’s graded at 70.0 or better in all but two of his 11 years in the league. Davis, on the other hand, was a productive vertical threat, averaging 17.5 yards per reception. He’ll be counted on for more of the same in 2021, as his size and game speed was a valuable asset as a rookie. Isaiah McKenzie also returns as the screen/jet sweep option.

Bills tight ends finished with a receiving grade of just 59.0 last season, good for 26th in the league. A Year 3 breakout from Dawson Knox would help, given that he’s graded in the ’50s as a receiver in his first two seasons. Jacob Hollister will compete for snaps as a move tight end who can separate in one-on-one situations.

The Bills have one of the best receiving units in the NFL once again, and more production out of their third and fourth options along with better play at tight end could put them at No. 1 by the end of the season.

• Like 1

The three got on a zoom call with Michael Katz - Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, Cheyenne

Josh Allen, Tanner Gentry, Jacob Hollister basking in reunion with Bills

The gravity of the moment hit Tanner Gentry hardest as he stepped off his plane and into Buffalo, New York.

Gentry — the former star wide receiver at the University of Wyoming who had an NFL stint with the Chicago Bears — signed with the Buffalo Bills in January. The move reunited Gentry with the familiar golden arm that used to cut through Laramie's harsh winds like a warm knife through butter, Josh Allen.

Allen, of course, has become an NFL superstar after being selected by the Bills with the seventh overall selection in the 2018 NFL draft. Allen established himself as one of the league's best last season, throwing for 4,544 yards and 37 touchdowns, leading the Bills back to the AFC Championship game for the first time since 1994 en route to a second-place finish in the 2020 MVP voting.

A few months later, another former Cowboy, tight end Jacob Hollister, signed with the team after a successful two-year stint with the Seattle Seahawks. Hollister, who signed with the Bills in March, has 74 career catches with the New England *Patriots and Seahawks.

In the most unexpected of ways, the UW band was getting back together.

So, when Gentry got off the plane and spotted a massive billboard with Allen's face plastered on it, all he could do was laugh. The signal-caller who came to UW as an unknown was one of the faces of New York and NFL as a whole, a rising young star in a league filled with explosive talent.

But Gentry could think only of a smooth-faced jokester.

"The first thing you see (getting off the plane) is this billboard of Josh on there with his baby face," Gentry said with a laugh.

</snip>

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler

Snubbed      I hope Diggs sees this!

Top five pass-catching tandems in the NFL; Cowboys' offense worthy of the hype

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-five-pass-catching-tandems-in-the-nfl-cowboys-offense-worthy-of-the-hype

The evolution of the NFL into a passing league has made it imperative for elite offenses to have at least two marquee players on the perimeter. Personnel executives have embraced the multi-playmaker trend in recent years with teams like the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and, most recently, the Tennessee Titans acquiring all-star talents to upgrade their receiver corps. 

The acquisitions not only add a different dimension to the passing game but the presence of a dynamic tandem out wide forces defensive coordinators to alter their tactics, particularly if the offense also features a top talent at running back. When playing against a team that boasts such an embarrassment of riches, defensive play-callers often must choose between prioritizing defending the run or eliminating one of the multiple passing-game threats. 

That's why the Titans made acquiring Julio Jones a top priority following the departures of Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith as free agents. The addition of a seven-time Pro Bowl receiver to complement an emerging all-star pass catcher (A.J. Brown) gives the Titans a pair of dangerous weapons on the outside to alleviate some of the pressure on Derrick Henry to carry the offense. Tennessee's offense now features three heavyweights at the skill positions (Jones and Brown both weigh 220-plus pounds; Henry is listed at 247 pounds), creating a nightmarish scenario for defensive coordinators.

"I mean, defenses, you're really going to have to pick your poison," Jones told reporters earlier this week. "If you to stay in the box, put nine in the box. A guy like Derrick Henry in the backfield, you got to respect him. So then, that's when me and A.J. go to work outside. Then if you only got eight in the box, Derrick gonna go to work in the backfield. Great offensive line, things like that. Scheme, stuff like that. I mean, you just gotta pick your poison at the end of the day."

Kansas City Chiefs
Tyreek Hill · Travis Kelce
Tennessee Titans
Julio Jones · A.J. Brown
Seattle Seahawks
DK Metcalf · Tyler Lockett
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mike Evans · Chris Godwin
Minnesota Vikings
Justin Jefferson · Adam Thielen
  • Angry 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/14/2021 at 9:54 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Top five pass-catching 

Minnesota Vikings

Especially given #5

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Top five pass-catching tandems in the NFL; Cowboys' offense worthy of the hype

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-five-pass-catching-tandems-in-the-nfl-cowboys-offense-worthy-of-the-hype

The evolution of the NFL into a passing league has made it imperative for elite offenses to have at least two marquee players on the perimeter. Personnel executives have embraced the multi-playmaker trend in recent years with teams like the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and, most recently, the Tennessee Titans acquiring all-star talents to upgrade their receiver corps. 

The acquisitions not only add a different dimension to the passing game but the presence of a dynamic tandem out wide forces defensive coordinators to alter their tactics, particularly if the offense also features a top talent at running back. When playing against a team that boasts such an embarrassment of riches, defensive play-callers often must choose between prioritizing defending the run or eliminating one of the multiple passing-game threats. 

That's why the Titans made acquiring Julio Jones a top priority following the departures of Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith as free agents. The addition of a seven-time Pro Bowl receiver to complement an emerging all-star pass catcher (A.J. Brown) gives the Titans a pair of dangerous weapons on the outside to alleviate some of the pressure on Derrick Henry to carry the offense. Tennessee's offense now features three heavyweights at the skill positions (Jones and Brown both weigh 220-plus pounds; Henry is listed at 247 pounds), creating a nightmarish scenario for defensive coordinators.

"I mean, defenses, you're really going to have to pick your poison," Jones told reporters earlier this week. "If you to stay in the box, put nine in the box. A guy like Derrick Henry in the backfield, you got to respect him. So then, that's when me and A.J. go to work outside. Then if you only got eight in the box, Derrick gonna go to work in the backfield. Great offensive line, things like that. Scheme, stuff like that. I mean, you just gotta pick your poison at the end of the day."

Kansas City Chiefs
Tyreek Hill · Travis Kelce
Tennessee Titans
Julio Jones · A.J. Brown
Seattle Seahawks
DK Metcalf · Tyler Lockett
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mike Evans · Chris Godwin
Minnesota Vikings

Based on receiving yards in 2020 Diggs and Beasley were the top WR duo in the league.

KC at the #1 ranking here, includes a TE, so isn’t directly comparable. TEN, in this list, has a duo that didn’t exist last season and is formidable. The other 3 though were outperformed by the Bills WRs in yard production.

I guess a case can be made, however, that the addition of Sanders may decrease the production of Diggs and Beasley, as there are now 3 incredibly solid WRs roaming the field and still just 1 football per play (not to mention the emergence of Davis). It’s also unlikely that the Bills skew even harder than last year to passing vs running.

While the Bills top duo may not statistically crack the top 5 at the end of next season, it’s not unrealistic to expect them to still be the #1 WR unit overall (again). And in 2020 they did it without the opposing defense being scared of a fearsome running attack.

• Cheers 1

He's been turning some heads at the mini camp. This is going to be a very difficult WR squad to make, however.

• Like 2