Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

16 minutes ago, Ann said:

Bleacher Report put out a top 7 list of WRs.

Ranking the NFL's Top 7 Wide Receivers Heading into 2021 Offseason

4. Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills

It's kind of awesome that the Vikings essentially traded Stefon Diggs to the Buffalo Bills for Jefferson [who they ranked #7], because both were top-five receivers in 2020.

While Jefferson exploded at a cheaper rate in Minnesota, Diggs led the league with 127 catches and 1,535 yards while scoring eight touchdowns as the centerpiece of Buffalo's high-powered offense. As a result, a 27-year-old with six 700-yard seasons became a first-team All-Pro for the first time.

Arguably the league's crispest route-runner, Diggs did drop eight passes. But he made up for that by catching 15 of the 17 balls thrown his way in the fourth quarter of one-score games for a team that was in the Super Bowl conversation thanks mainly to a passing attack starring him and young franchise quarterback Josh Allen.

His chemistry with Allen is obvious. And although he might not have the same ceiling as Jefferson or Metcalf, his track record, talent and age indicate that several more extremely productive seasons likely lie ahead for the overachieving 2015 fifth-round pick.

</snip>

While we all love Diggs and everything he brings, considering salary cap implications, one might wonder if taking Jefferson and his low rent might have been the more prudent route. Hopefully, Davis and Hodgkins will help to offset the cap at this position during the next couple years.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
33 minutes ago, Ann said:

And although he might not have the same ceiling as Jefferson or Metcalf

:confused:

I don't even know what this means.

• Haha 1

Billsandhorns
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

While we all love Diggs and everything he brings, considering salary cap implications, one might wonder if taking Jefferson and his low rent might have been the more prudent route. Hopefully, Davis and Hodgkins will help to offset the cap at this position during the next couple years.

The only issue that I can see with that is. There was no way to know that Jefferson was going to work out the wayhe has at the NFL level. In Diggs they were trading for a known product

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

:confused:

I don't even know what this means.

Clearly it means that Diggs sucks, and should be cut with everyone involved in the trade fired.

It's not bad enough that they drafted WrongJosh, but traded a 1st rounder for NotJefferson!

• Haha 3

I am not sure it was a dig at Diggs or not. Maybe if I had been following the Vikings situation closely it would be more obvious? 🤷‍♂️

</snip>

During a recent appearance on the “Unrestricted with Ben Leber” podcast, Minnesota tight end Kyle Rudolph described how his role in the offense has required him to block more instead of catching passes during the last few seasons.

“You go back to the beginning of (the 2019) season and I’m like, ‘I can either get really good at the only thing I’m asked to do or I can complain about it and I can cause a scene (and) throw a fit. What’s going to be more productive for our team and for this organization?’”

Wonder what Rudolph was referencing when he mentioned complaining and causing a scene? It couldn’t have had anything to do with the circus Diggs created during the middle of the 2019 season because he wasn’t happy with his role in Vikings offense, could it?

</snip>

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am not sure it was a dig at Diggs or not. Maybe if I had been following the Vikings situation closely it would be more obvious? 🤷‍♂️

</snip>

During a recent appearance on the “Unrestricted with Ben Leber” podcast, Minnesota tight end Kyle Rudolph described how his role in the offense has required him to block more instead of catching passes during the last few seasons.

“You go back to the beginning of (the 2019) season and I’m like, ‘I can either get really good at the only thing I’m asked to do or I can complain about it and I can cause a scene (and) throw a fit. What’s going to be more productive for our team and for this organization?’”

Wonder what Rudolph was referencing when he mentioned complaining and causing a scene? It couldn’t have had anything to do with the circus Diggs created during the middle of the 2019 season because he wasn’t happy with his role in Vikings offense, could it?

</snip>

Agreed. Sounds more like sour grapes on the part of the writer than anything Rudolph said.

Saints released Emanuel Sanders.

Flashback to one year ago today, when he had a deal in place to sign with Buffalo, moments before Beane decided to make one more call to Minnesota. 

Oh what could have not been ....

So good to be on the right side of a decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Putting here as well...

I always wanted the Bills to get Sanders. I wonder how much he’s got left. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Do we think Sanders over Brown is a good move?

I tend to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt because they know more about these guys and how they want to use them, but I would have thought Brown was a more valuable asset at this point in their careers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Robs House said:

Do we think Sanders over Brown is a good move?

I tend to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt because they know more about these guys and how they want to use them, but I would have thought Brown was a more valuable asset at this point in their careers.

Good Q.  But Brown was never a true #1 WR in his career.   Sanders had that role in Denver and somewhat in SF.  Overall he's a more dangerous weapon than Brown.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

15 hours ago, Mahoney said:

Get Julie Ertz's husband and a running back, then focus the draft on shoring up the defensive and adding depth.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1