Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

God I love this team. They’re such a great combo of great talented very personable young men. They’re having a lot of fun while they’re kicking asses and taking names. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Roberts getting involved in Twitter banter with fans. I love this guy. Hope he’s back.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Roberts getting involved in Twitter banter with fans. I love this guy. Hope he’s back.

Roberts isn't paid to 'bring anything to the offense'. Any offensive production is just a bonus. He makes his money flipping the field on punts and kick returns.

It's like bitching that, back in the day, Tasker 'brings nothing to the offense'. That wasn't his &#%$ing job!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Koko said:

Roberts isn't paid to 'bring anything to the offense'. Any offensive production is just a bonus. He makes his money flipping the field on punts and kick returns.

It's like bitching that, back in the day, Tasker 'brings nothing to the offense'. That wasn't his &#%$ing job!

The number of BILLS' fans I've put on permanent ignore across social media is staggering.  There are some really dumb human beings in the world.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The number of BILLS' fans I've put on permanent ignore across social media is staggering.  There are some really dumb human beings in the world.

Have you noticed they have slowed since DR quit posting? Makes me wonder if he knew he was a target.

• Cheers 1

From the Buffalo News

Offense review: Bills receiving corps put up top NFL season in 25 years

The Buffalo Bills’ wide receiving corps had a season for the decades in 2020.

It was the most catches by any team’s wideout corps in 25 years, since the Atlanta Falcons had 315 in 1995, according to the sports data company Sportradar.

</snip>

Stefon Diggs ranked No. 1 in the NFL in catches this season with 127. Cole Beasley had a career-high 82 catches and ranked No. 2 in the NFL in catches from the slot. Gabriel Davis ranked ninth among rookie receivers with 35 catches. John Brown had 33 catches and Isaiah McKenzie had 30.

</snip>

The Bills’ wideout catch total was the sixth most ever, according to Sportradar. The five teams ahead of the Bills on the list – the 1990, ’91 and ’92 Houston Oilers and the 1994 and ’95 Falcons – all ran the run-and-shoot offense.

It’s not a coincidence. The run-and-shoot’s spread formations have been adopted at all levels of the game. The Bills operated out of the spread more than any year in their history. The Bills used either three wide receivers or four wide receivers on an NFL-leading 87.5% of their plays, according to Buffalo News charting.

Cincinnati (83%) was the only other team over 80%, according to Sharp Football.

The Bills ran 11 personnel on 72.8% of their plays. They ran 10 personnel (one back, no tight ends, four wideouts) on 13.3%, second most to only Arizona. They ran 20 personnel (two backs, no tight end, three wide receivers) on 7.8%.

</snip>

On first down in the first three quarters, the Bills passed 65% of the time, most in the NFL, according to Sharp Football. Kansas City was second at 60%.

</snip>

Room to improve. Obviously, talent dictates personnel usage. The receivers were better pass-game weapons than the tight ends and the backs.

The Bills ranked 31st in completions to tight ends with 46, and 25th in passes to running backs with 68. The NFL averages per team were 76 catches by tight ends and 79 by running backs.

The Bills’ use of two-tight-end sets (12 personnel) was way down. The Bills ran two TEs on 7.8% of plays, down from 20.4% in 2019 and well below the league average of 20%.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

Why Stefon Diggs loved his first season in Buffalo + his initial goals for the 2021 season

</snip>

"In the beginning of it, I was excited to be where I was," Diggs said. "I was excited to be around the guys like getting to know Josh, 17 is a hell of a guy. That coaching staff and the players that they have are truly special. So, I was really just focusing on that and that new family and getting to know that new environment. Just earning my keep, earning my stripes, earning respect from my teammates. And then things kind of just fell out in front of me. The ball just got rolling and it got bigger and bigger like the snowball effect and good things happened."

</snip>

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

16 hours ago, Ann said:

If you want to listen/read to Sal Capaccio's state of the WRs group, click here.

I think they keep Brown but maybe do a restructure.

In a perfect world they keep McKenzie as 5th/6th receiver and have him handle the returns.

Duke is history and many fans will commit on line suicide.

• Like 1

2021 contract projection for Buffalo Bills free-agent receiver/returner Isaiah McKenzie

...Contract projection

So here’s the thing about paying him more money; if they sign him a few hundred thousand over the league minimum, they can’t use the veteran minimum salary benefit. If they sign him for the league minimum, his cap hit is the same as a second-year player ($850,000 in 2021). So signing him at $1.5 million means you’re replacing two minimum players with one McKenzie. I’m not sure the Bills should be doing that in a cap-strapped year.

Yes, the cap only counts the top 51 players, so McKenzie would only add a couple hundred thousand to the salary cap figure at that price point, so maybe it’s worth it, but I don’t see him getting a solid deal from another team. For all those reasons and more, here is my projection.

One year, $1.13 million
($275,000 guaranteed)
$850,000 cap hit

It’s a veteran minimum deal for McKenzie. This is a bad year to be a low-to-mid-tier free agent. That’s the group that’s going to get pinched by the COVID-19 cap reductions. The top players will still get their money.

McKenzie can come in and still be part of the offense, be valued, and potentially start returning kicks and/or punts so he can potentially up his value in 2022.