Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If he doesn't retire.

Do the Bills want him on a low one year deal ?

He apparently is a great teammate 

As long as he isn't a starter to the detriment of Gabe Davis' development and playing time.

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

If he doesn't retire.

It would have to be for much less than $6M/yr.  Availability was a problem with him, plus Daboll stupidly put Sanders in at the expense of Gabe Davis, which proved to be a terrible move.  Personally, I'd let him go.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

If he doesn't retire.

Always liked him as vet depth.  

Thought he might put up some numbers on the field with Diggs and Diseasely.  But that didn't pan out, which makes it pretty clear to me he's too long in the tooth now for a full-time starting role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

It would have to be for much less than $6M/yr.  Availability was a problem with him, plus Daboll stupidly put Sanders in at the expense of Gabe Davis, which proved to be a terrible move.  Personally, I'd let him go.

It's really a choice between Sanders and Cole.  You can't have both again next year.

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's really a choice between Sanders and Cole.  You can't have both again next year.

Myself personally, I would really like to see Mckenzie on the field more.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Myself personally, I would really like to see Mckenzie on the field more.

With you there.  Obviously he needs to work on ball security but he's a playmaker and you can never have enough of those guys.  When we've needed him to be a big time guy, he's been there for us.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

If he doesn't retire.

I would tend to think not. His physical abilities have clearly declined, and  while he may be a valuable contributor as veteran presence/role player on a team that's young and unproven, we've already got a veteran receiving corps with Diggs and Beasley, and Davis has a couple of years under his belt now too.

I'd rather use that roster spot to get younger and more athletic at the position. 

Edited by Robs House
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Robs House said:

I would tend to think not. His physical abilities have clearly declined, and  while he may be a valuable contributor as veteran presence/role player on a team that's young and unproven, we've already got a veteran receiving corps with Diggs and Beasley, and Davis has a couple of years under his belt now too.

I'd rather use that roster spot to get younger and more athletic at the position. 

I'm personally kinda hoping to see Hodgins because that guy's size in the Red Zone would be epic..

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm personally kinda hoping to see Hodgins because that guy's size in the Red Zone would be epic..

It’s for that reason that my dream off season acquisition would be Robinson. It’s a dream because it’s not their biggest need and they can’t afford him - but it would be fun to see him w this group of skill players, especially in the red zone. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

If he doesn't retire.

Reasonable question. Your #1 WR is obviously Diggs. Then it’s probably Gabe Davis in the #2 spot. You’ve got Beasley and McKenzie competing for #3, with the loser of that competition as your #4. I’m not really seeing a huge need for a guy like Sanders. 

If Sanders is willing to play for the vet minimum, and if the Bills don’t need the roster spot for some other, younger WR, then sure. Go for it. Depth at WR is never a bad thing, just as long as Sanders isn’t preventing guys like Davis or McKenzie from getting snaps. But if Sanders needs, say, $5 million to come back, then that’s an easy call. Thanks, but no thanks. The Bills are close to the cap, and there is absolutely no need to blow valuable cap space on something like that! 

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

Reasonable question. Your #1 WR is obviously Diggs. Then it’s probably Gabe Davis in the #2 spot. You’ve got Beasley and McKenzie competing for #3, with the loser of that competition as your #4. I’m not really seeing a huge need for a guy like Sanders. 

If Sanders is willing to play for the vet minimum, and if the Bills don’t need the roster spot for some other, younger WR, then sure. Go for it. Depth at WR is never a bad thing, just as long as Sanders isn’t preventing guys like Davis or McKenzie from getting snaps. But if Sanders needs, say, $5 million to come back, then that’s an easy call. Thanks, but no thanks. The Bills are close to the cap, and there is absolutely no need to blow valuable cap space on something like that! 

Agree.  Better places to spend money.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Beasley is your slot receiver. It’s a very different role than either of your outside guys.

McKenzie is fairly unique in that he can play both slot, and outside.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

And that's not really a difficult choice.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, Core Four said:

In that case keep Beasley...easy choice.

Yup.  I like McKenzie but people are putting way too much weight on his one big game v NE.  They’d be crazy to take Cole out of this offense.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It’s for that reason that my dream off season acquisition would be Robinson. It’s a dream because it’s not their biggest need and they can’t afford him - but it would be fun to see him w this group of skill players, especially in the red zone. 

It’s a dream of sorts for sure due to cap and then assuming he stays neatly but adding him to this team…..nothing stops it.  Nothing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  I like McKenzie but people are putting way too much weight on his one big game v NE.  They’d be crazy to take Cole out of this offense.

I'd like to keep McKenzie, but at a reasonable price.  He will probably test the market in FA, so we'll see what happens.

• Like 1