Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Diggs Traded?

Alaska Darin

21 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know why both can't be things.  I have no issue paying Jefferson for 4 or 5 years if he's willing.  Draft another stud in the draft to pair with JJ and Kincaid and just dare teams to outscore you.

Jefferson is a great receiver, of that there is no doubt. I will never forget his catch against us that won Minny that game. That was un-freakin' real. And for the record, he has many of those catches on his resume. I just don't want to see us give him a record contract, because that is what he is going to command.

Him wanting out of Minny reminds me of someone else though.

and we see how that is working out...

• Like 3
  • O Rly 1

Blessed Believer
5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This man knows what he is talking about….get him a job in the front office.  He has great presentation skills too…and a pleasant countenance. Television maybe? 

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

They don't have a quarterback.  I don't know why any great receiver would wanna stay in a situation like that.

Jefferson's numbers are otherworldly for a reason.  He's the best WR in the NFL by a wide margin.

You obviously can't pay more than a handful of players what they are worth.  I'd happily pay JJ to be the top WR in the NFL because that's exactly what he is.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They don't have a quarterback.  I don't know why any great receiver would wanna stay in a situation like that.

Jefferson's numbers are otherworldly for a reason.  He's the best WR in the NFL by a wide margin.

You obviously can't play more than a handful of players what they are worth.  I'd happily pay JJ to be the top WR in the NFL because that's exactly what he is.

I wouldn't. But neither of us is the GM of the Bills, all we can do at this point is watch and see what happens. 

:beer:

• Cheers 3

Mahoney
10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Dalvin Cook? 😁

Seriously, though – I kinda remember Diggs being a diva in Minnesota. Has that been an issue with Jefferson? I really don't keep up with that stuff, especially in the offseason. Legit question.

• Cheers 2

Lot of options for the draft now. Could use the 2nd next year as a part of a package to move up. Or try to move it for a 3rd this year and stand pat with the first two picks and take a WR in two of the first three rounds.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Dalvin Cook? 😁

Seriously, though – I kinda remember Diggs being a diva in Minnesota. Has that been an issue with Jefferson? I really don't keep up with that stuff, especially in the offseason. Legit question.

Prior to this past year, I don't think he had any overtones of divaness. But I do seem to recall there being a few this past year with certain things he said. And to be transparent, I should state that I don't know... everyone handles things differently.

• Cheers 2

RochesterRob
18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Jefferson is a great receiver, of that there is no doubt. I will never forget his catch against us that won Minny that game. That was un-freakin' real. And for the record, he has many of those catches on his resume. I just don't want to see us give him a record contract, because that is what he is going to command.

Ideally, I would like a 3 year contract with Jefferson which would be heavy in 2025 and give incentive to play hard in 2026 which would be a contract year.  Hopefully, his ego would make him think he could score another big contract after that.   Probably won't happen but nice to dream about.  For those wanting Nabers the Texans' pick from Minnesota puts us in position to move up into the top 5 without costing an arm and a leg.  Perhaps our 2025 1st & 2nd for this year's 1st from the other team with hopefully their 2nd & 3rd either 2024 or 2025 depending on who we are dealing with.

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Prior to this past year, I don't think he had any overtones of divaness. But I do seem to recall there being a few this past year with certain things he said. And to be transparent, I should state that I don't know... everyone handles things differently.

The "story" around him is he wouldn't come back from his hamstring unless he was 100%.  Given that the team was about .500 and Cousins was done for the season after week 8, it made pretty much no sense for him to rush back.

The talking heads made it a story but they weren't going anywhere with Josh Dobbs/Nick Mullens/Some Guy from the Stands, so shutting down your very best player was the right thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

Nouseforaname
35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

To my eyes, it looked like he checked out last season.

I think he might have psychological issues.  Too bad we didnt know that before giving him an extension. 

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The "story" around him is he wouldn't come back from his hamstring unless he was 100%.  Given that the team was about .500 and Cousins was done for the season after week 8, it made pretty much no sense for him to rush back.

The talking heads made it a story but they weren't going anywhere with Josh Dobbs/Nick Mullens/Some Guy from the Stands, so shutting down your very best player was the right thing to do.

You could be entirely correct here. I also know that this is how it begins...

5 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I think he might have psychological issues.  Too bad we didnt know that before giving him an extension. 

Lol. I don't know that me, me, me, first is a psychological issue. If it is... man does humanity have a serious issue. :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Lol. I don't know that me, me, me, first is a psychological issue. If it is... man does humanity have a serious issue. :classic_laugh: 

He pregame clothes on the other hand...

• Haha 2

crawhammer
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Josh and our offense will be just fine without the distraction Stefon had become. As another poster mentioned, this move will allow the ball to go where it should and not have to try and force-feed a malcontent/diva. Keep your eye on Shakir, he is going to have a monster season.

I'm interested to see how Hollins is going to fill a role in our offense too.

Those are some bold statements. I must not be well versed on the offenses in the history of the NFL who got better after losing a top 5 WR in the league. Along with also losing their WR2.

Diggs > Hollins x10

Shakir is a nice receiver... behind Diggs and Davis on a depth chart.

I understand it's April, things will look different in September, but right now I have the Bills offense taking at least a moderate step backward next season.

RochesterRob
5 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Those are some bold statements. I must not be well versed on the offenses in the history of the NFL who got better after losing a top 5 WR in the league. Along with also losing their WR2.

Diggs > Hollins x10

Shakir is a nice receiver... behind Diggs and Davis on a depth chart.

I understand it's April, things will look different in September, but right now I have the Bills offense taking at least a moderate step backward next season.

Diggs was not going to be a top 5 receiver forever and the odometer has clicked over the age of 30.  As I hinted above I think the real reason for this move is to give Beane ammo to move up in the draft.  The cost was minimal in terms of salary due had he stayed versus closing the books in terms of dead money.  4 million is just not enough to cry over when you think about the possibilities from FA or the draft.  

• Cheers 2

crawhammer
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just figured you were knowledgeable enough about football that you wouldn't be one of those people who believes that losing a player like Diggs in April means the team is going to struggle in September.

I'm one of those people who believes top 5 WRs are good for offenses.

I know what the calendar says. 53-man rosters aren't due until August 29 at 4:00 PM. On April 3 I hate this trade. There aren't many options for replacing the production of a top 5 WR. On any date.

• Cheers 1