Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Diggs Traded?

Alaska Darin

Nouseforaname

Im sorry i just don’t buy it.  He was on pace for his best season as a bill and that all stopped when they changed offensive coordinator. 

He was traded because of his attitude.  If the same Stefon diggs who didn’t constantly throw gasoline on the fire every week was on this team, he would have played with the bills for another season. 

But look at the bright side, at least we’re rebuilding 😂😂😂

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm not freaking about about this, because I'm old enough to realize that all the football-related freak-outs I've ever had in my lifetime were wasted time.  

Whatever.  It'll work out.  We still have a mutant at QB.  This still isn't the drought Bills.  

I’m not freaking out either but I will call it how I see it.  I’m just mentally prepared for a wild card team challenger instead of a Super Bowl challenger. 

• Like 1

Fansince88
5 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Im sorry i just don’t buy it.  He was on pace for his best season as a bill and that all stopped when they changed offensive coordinator. 

He was traded because of his attitude.  If the same Stefon diggs who didn’t constantly throw gasoline on the fire every week was on this team, he would have played with the bills for another season. 

Interesting point in the bold. Yet the rest of the offense improved. Perhaps he didnt buy in. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m not freaking out either but I will call it how I see it.  I’m just mentally prepared for a wild card team challenger instead of a Super Bowl challenger. 

That, imho is the definition of freaking out. Any suggestion of how great or how poor of a team we will be on April 4th because they moved a WR that didnt want to be here is.. you know the thing. 

• Like 1

RochesterRob
11 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not really and we have almost a full complement of picks for this spring plus an extra 2nd for next year.  Next year's pick from the Texans could be packaged to move up in the first round this spring.  With the added cap space in 2025 we have more flexibility to go after Justin Jefferson..  I don't like uncertainty myself but to say that the Bills are hopelessly crippled for 2024 is ridiculous.  I was hoping that Diggs could have retired as a Bill (and he could still sign a 1 day contract when he figures that he is done) but given his salary structure it was not wise for Buffalo to cling onto Diggs.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
Just now, Fansince88 said:

That, imho is the definition of freaking out. Any suggestion of how great or how poor of a team we will be on April 4th because they moved a WR that didnt want to be here is.. you know the thing. 

Chemistry is important and changing such a large percentage of your key players including captains all at the same time will have an impact on performance.

This isn’t madden. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Record when he was on pace for his best season:  5-5

I suggest going back to and watching the first 10 games, instead of looking at the statistics.  It's about winning and literally nothing else.  The offense was insanely inconsistent.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Interesting point in the bold. Yet the rest of the offense improved. Perhaps he didnt buy in. 

Maybe, once again proving my point that this was related to attitude and not whether he still has what it takes to be a #1, especially when we already paid for him.

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Chemistry is important and changing such a large percentage of your key players including captains all at the same time will have an impact on performance.

This isn’t madden. 

Nah, I dont think so. 

• Like 1
  • Boo 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

This isn’t madden. 

It just crushed KC to lose Hill, right?  Then they fell apart when they had to replace half their defense before last season.  Right?

I'm sorry but every single season teams lose a significant number of players.  BILLS' fans have been spoiled AF when it comes to keeping players but it's not the reality in pretty much the rest of the NFL.  Adapt or die is the rule, not the exception.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Maybe, once again proving my point that this was related to attitude and not whether he still has what it takes to be a #1, especially when we already paid for him.

He has not been a number 1. I said that last season. @Alaska Darin is 100% right in saying that earlier. He may have been our #1 but he was not a #1. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

We’re a joke of a franchise.

How you doin', you alright?

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Damn, you got a long and good memory. I expected no less though.

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

So what?  If Jefferson hit FA, we are now able to be in on him.  Diggs pretty clearly trailed off as the season went on and since no one else is saying it at this moment...we've never won anything of consequence with him.

I love the guy.  I really do.  He was a great player most of his time in Buffalo but if GMBB decides it's time to move on, then I'm inclined to agree with him.  It's always better to move a guy a year too early than a year too late.

I understand the interest in Jefferson. However, If I were to have my druthers, I want no part of another high-priced WR, unless it is one we draft and invest in. 4 years of a rook deal is what we should be focused on.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Not really and we have almost a full compliment of picks for this spring plus an extra 2 for next year.  Next year's pick from the Texans could be packaged to move up in the first round this spring.  With the added cap space in 2025 we have more flexibility to go after Justin Jefferson..  I don't like uncertainty myself but to say that the Bills are hopelessly crippled for 2024 is ridiculous.  I was hoping that Diggs could have retired as a Bill (and he could still sign a 1 day contract when he figures that he is done) but given his salary structure it was not wise for Buffalo to cling onto Diggs.

If BB lands JJ I’ll personally send him an I’m sorry card. All will be forgiven. 

• Haha 5

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

I understand the interest in Jefferson. However, If I were to have my druthers, I want no part of another high-priced WR, unless it is one we draft and invest in. 4 years of a rook deal is what we should be focused on.

I don't know why both can't be things.  I have no issue paying Jefferson for 4 or 5 years if he's willing.  Draft another stud in the draft to pair with JJ and Kincaid and just dare teams to outscore you.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Fansince88
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I understand the interest in Jefferson. However, If I were to have my druthers, I want no part of another high-priced WR, unless it is one we draft and invest in. 4 years of a rook deal is what we should be focused on

Agree completely here. Lets get younger and push those contracts out. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Always great.

• Love 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yet it 100% passes the eye test if you watch the back half of last season. 

he either has lost some skills or he tanked it on the field

either way, not doing the Bills any good.

time to get younger and let Josh be the focal point without distraction from the peanut gallery 

it's tough to run an offense when each and every play had to have Digg as the first read

Dorsey found out the hard way

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crawhammer said:

What exactly did I get wrong?  Have you looked at Diggs numbers in a Bills uniform?  AP1, AP2, PB x4, he's a top 5 WR in the NFL.  The team isn't replacing that.  Josh Allen is one of my favorite QBs in the game today but he was mediocre before Diggs arrived.  I think the Patriots might have better receivers at this point.  Allen's great but he's not winning shit without a solid supporting cast.  I was thinking they needed a legit WR2 to go along with Diggs at WR1.  Right now it's a couple of decent TEs and a bunch of WR3s.  If the goal is getting over the divisional round hump then this isn't the way to do it.

I want Buffalo to be competitive, as I said before, I saw them as one of few teams with the capability of competing with KC.  They're not in that class anymore.  I'm thoroughly disappointed with this trade.

Josh wasn't exactly mediocre before Diggs arrived. Josh was still the unicorn that he is today. What he was was raw and unrefined. Diggs helped bring Josh along to where he is today. For that, I will forever be grateful that we acquired him from Minnesota (though I did have nightmares thinking about who Minny acquired with the draft compensation we sent them). Because of that, I will always wish Stef nothing but the best, except on those days he plays against us. 

Josh and our offense will be just fine without the distraction Stefon had become. As another poster mentioned, this move will allow the ball to go where it should and not have to try and force-feed a malcontent/diva. Keep your eye on Shakir, he is going to have a monster season.

I'm interested to see how Hollins is going to fill a role in our offense too. 

44 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This article talks about this in more depth, in case anyone wants to take a break from losing their shit over this.

A couple of quotes:

No doubt, it will be interesting to see what happens in Houston.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

To my eyes, it looked like he checked out last season.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Sig1Hunter

Stefon is an enigma wrapped in a riddle. Sad that he’s gone. Happy that he’s no longer here. 

• Like 5