Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Diggs Traded?

Alaska Darin

RochesterRob
2 hours ago, Ann said:

OK, so this boils down to a 4 million dollar net loss on the cap.  Not something we needed but not something that will derail the season considering Diggs was not in the Bills plans for 2024.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

So what?  If Jefferson hit FA, we are now able to be in on him.  Diggs pretty clearly trailed off as the season went on and since no one else is saying it at this moment...we've never won anything of consequence with him.

I love the guy.  I really do.  He was a great player most of his time in Buffalo but if GMBB decides it's time to move on, then I'm inclined to agree with him.  It's always better to move a guy a year too early than a year too late.

IE Von Miller.

Bills Circle The Wagons
53 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

the  offense will run better with Josh throwing to the WR dictated by the read.

just like the Chiefs when they cut bait with Tyreek

they tried the "force the ball to Diggs all of the time" plan, and got Dorsey fired.
Kincaid needs to be the first read on a way higher percentage plays. 

A new WR (or 2) is likely coming from the draft

However, it may take a few games to adjust.

As much as people are losing their minds over losing our stud WR, he hasn't played like a stud for a long time.

Loss of stud status is confirmed by opposing DCs applying single coverage to him most of the time.

Yes but the Kansas City Chiefs have Travis Kelce as a go to reliable clutch player. The Buffalo Bills have? Clearly the Bills are going through a major rebuild now. Josh Allen can’t do it by himself this team is a mess. I don’t expect  playoffs and if this is a .500 team next season it wouldn’t surprise me. You don’t make movies like this and not even get a number one pick this season in return is a bad move. Clearly the Bills are rebuilding for 2026 and the New Bills Stadium. The risk here is if the Bills really hit rock bottom Josh Allen maybe the next Bills player that wants out of Buffalo which would be unfortunate.

This was a terrible trade because of all what the Buffalo Bills have already lost in the secondary. As a Bills fan this is a terrible day the Bills have now become the Buffalo Sabres with one superstar quarterback Josh Allen and not much more. None of this would have happened if the Bills owner Terry Pegula handled the Sean McDermott .13 second disaster and fired Sean McDermott in that offseason. The Bills are slowly getting worse and worse and here we are today. Coaches can be replaced superstars players that want to play in Buffalo not so much. It’s going to be a long season for the Buffalo Bills next season again I hope I am wrong but today feels like Ralph Wilson days are back at One Bills Drive again in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Bills Circle The Wagons
  • clown 2
  • Facepalm 4

Spartacus
10 minutes ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

Yes but the Kansas City Chiefs have Travis Kelce as a go to reliable clutch player. The Buffalo Bills have? Clearly the Bills are going through a major rebuild now. Josh Allen can’t do it by himself this team is a mess. I don’t expect  playoffs and if this is a .500 team next season it wouldn’t surprise me. You don’t make movies like this and not even get a number one pick this season in return is a bad move. Clearly the Bills are rebuilding for 2026 and the New Bills Stadium. The risk here is if the Bills really hit rock bottom Josh Allen maybe the next Bills player that wants out of Buffalo which would be unfortunate.

This was a terrible trade because of all what the Buffalo Bills have already lost in the secondary. As a Bills fan this is a terrible day the Bills have now become the Buffalo Sabres with one superstar quarterback Josh Allen and not much more. None of this would have happened if the Bills owner Terry Pegula handled the Sean McDermott .13 second disaster and fired Sean McDermott in that offseason. The Bills are slowly getting worse and worse and here we are today. Coaches can be replaced superstars players that want to play in Buffalo not so much. It’s going to be a long season for the Buffalo Bills next season again I hope I am wrong but today feels like Ralph Wilson days are back at One Bills Drive again in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

you must be pissed about the PSL situation.

because the situation on the field is no where as dire as the picture you paint.

• Like 1

Ninety-4
48 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

McConkey will be better...

Shakir in '24 may be better than Diggs of '23.  I truly believe that Khalil will be a very wealthy man at the end of his career.  He's a great player in the making IMO.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

He was a fabulous player in Buffalo, but clearly there were problems festering. 

so the rumors of Josh banging Stefon's bartender girlfriend were really true?

• Doh! 1

Ninety-4
15 minutes ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

A lot will happen roster-wise before the '24-'25 season starts. The Bills have already added at WR Curtis Samuel, Mack Hollins and don't forget Justin Shorter who could make a little noise this year.  We have yet to see the draft and other FA signings.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Ninety-4
2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

so the rumors of Josh banging Stefon's bartender girlfriend were really true?

Could be.  Clearly Josh and Stefon's relationship changed last off-season.  All the talk about how much they hung out together stopped.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

So what?  If Jefferson hit FA, we are now able to be in on him.  Diggs pretty clearly trailed off as the season went on and since no one else is saying it at this moment...we've never won anything of consequence with him.

I love the guy.  I really do.  He was a great player most of his time in Buffalo but if GMBB decides it's time to move on, then I'm inclined to agree with him.  It's always better to move a guy a year too early than a year too late.

What probably bothers me most about this is that Diggs is one of the smartest, best prepared players I've ever seen, and losing that mentorship with the younger, inexperienced WRs on the team can hurt.

But yeah, better too soon than too late.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

I still want to know why his snap count was so slow for the last half of the season. For a "#1" WR it was pretty horrific.

• Like 4

Fansince88
3 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I still want to know why his snap count was so slow for the last half of the season. For a "#1" WR it was pretty horrific.

Thats the way Maddy wanted it. 

Chandemonium
38 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Anyone else think publicly calling one of your employees a moron but going out of your way to say that you don’t know which employee you’re calling a moron is a little weird? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

An understandable take.  And I had a different vision of the future.

This year:  Diggs is still #1 receiver.  Bills are cash-strapped and this is a WR deep draft, so go draft the 1A.

Next year: An aging Diggs as 1A across from a kid on his rookie deal as #1.  Or, dump Diggs after this season when his cap his wouldn't have been so huge.

I guess that I massively underestimated the animosity in the locker room that they couldn't ride it out for one season.

I will say that we are going to find out whether Diggs could only run routes where he got open and sat in a hole in the defense to catch the ball, and then run after catch.  Or if Allen could only throw those type of routes and Diggs was adjusting to a limitation.  Because in all the hundreds of catches Diggs made from Josh, it seems like a very small percentage were made while Diggs was on the move.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, snafu said:

An understandable take.  And I had a different vision of the future.

This year:  Diggs is still #1 receiver.  Bills are cash-strapped and this is a WR deep draft, so go draft the 1A.

Next year: An aging Diggs as 1A across from a kid on his rookie deal as #1.  Or, dump Diggs after this season when his cap his wouldn't have been so huge.

I guess that I massively underestimated the animosity in the locker room that they couldn't ride it out for one season.

I will say that we are going to find out whether Diggs could only run routes where he go open and sat in a hole in the defense to catch the ball, and then run after catch.  Or if Allen could only throw those type of routes and Diggs was adjusting to a limitation.

Didn't seem to have a problem hitting other receivers in stride or Diggs on the nine against the Chiefs.

Beane has never once shown to move on or into a situation without playing out all the permutations.  I don't know why people think this would be the first time he'd do it.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 4

KD in CA
2 hours ago, BillsFan101 said:

Ugh, I know Diggs cried a lot so not too sad to see him go. Basically got nothing picks for him which is typical in the NFL. With all the off-season moves the Bills have made it looks like they will be fighting for second (if that) with Miami winning the division and the Jets having a chance at second. The Super Bowl window for the Bills is only slightly open if at all anymore.

Go Bills Go

The Vikings second round pick next year should be no lower than #40 overall.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

KD in CA

I can’t wait to read Diggs’ long, flowery ‘Thank you Bills and fans in Buffalo for the best years of my career’ social media post.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 4

bdutton
15 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Anyone else think publicly calling one of your employees a moron but going out of your way to say that you don’t know which employee you’re calling a moron is a little weird? 

• Haha 5

RochesterRob
6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The Vikings second round pick next year should be no lower than #40 overall.

That second and our first this year would put the Bills into the top half of Round 1 this spring should they choose to do it.  

• Like 4
  • Boo 1