Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Diggs Traded?

Alaska Darin

bdutton
8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Didn't seem to have a problem hitting other receivers in stride or Diggs on the nine against the Chiefs.

Beane has never once shown to move on or into a situation without playing out all the permutations.  I don't know why people think this would be the first time he'd do it.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, bdutton said:

I hate boiling down a guy who was literally great for us for almost his entire career...but that play really soured me on him after all the extracurricular drama the last couple of seasons.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 3

Billsandhorns
51 minutes ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

Yes but the Kansas City Chiefs have Travis Kelce as a go to reliable clutch player. The Buffalo Bills have? Clearly the Bills are going through a major rebuild now. Josh Allen can’t do it by himself this team is a mess. I don’t expect  playoffs and if this is a .500 team next season it wouldn’t surprise me. You don’t make movies like this and not even get a number one pick this season in return is a bad move. Clearly the Bills are rebuilding for 2026 and the New Bills Stadium. The risk here is if the Bills really hit rock bottom Josh Allen maybe the next Bills player that wants out of Buffalo which would be unfortunate.

This was a terrible trade because of all what the Buffalo Bills have already lost in the secondary. As a Bills fan this is a terrible day the Bills have now become the Buffalo Sabres with one superstar quarterback Josh Allen and not much more. None of this would have happened if the Bills owner Terry Pegula handled the Sean McDermott .13 second disaster and fired Sean McDermott in that offseason. The Bills are slowly getting worse and worse and here we are today. Coaches can be replaced superstars players that want to play in Buffalo not so much. It’s going to be a long season for the Buffalo Bills next season again I hope I am wrong but today feels like Ralph Wilson days are back at One Bills Drive again in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The Bills have multiple players that can step up.

Shakir

Kinckaid 

Cook 

His experience and skill will be missed. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

Yes but the Kansas City Chiefs have Travis Kelce as a go to reliable clutch player. The Buffalo Bills have? Clearly the Bills are going through a major rebuild now. Josh Allen can’t do it by himself this team is a mess. I don’t expect  playoffs and if this is a .500 team next season it wouldn’t surprise me. You don’t make movies like this and not even get a number one pick this season in return is a bad move. Clearly the Bills are rebuilding for 2026 and the New Bills Stadium. The risk here is if the Bills really hit rock bottom Josh Allen maybe the next Bills player that wants out of Buffalo which would be unfortunate.

This was a terrible trade because of all what the Buffalo Bills have already lost in the secondary. As a Bills fan this is a terrible day the Bills have now become the Buffalo Sabres with one superstar quarterback Josh Allen and not much more. None of this would have happened if the Bills owner Terry Pegula handled the Sean McDermott .13 second disaster and fired Sean McDermott in that offseason. The Bills are slowly getting worse and worse and here we are today. Coaches can be replaced superstars players that want to play in Buffalo not so much. It’s going to be a long season for the Buffalo Bills next season again I hope I am wrong but today feels like Ralph Wilson days are back at One Bills Drive again in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Not so bad. Diggs 30 now. 2025 Bills will have 60 million cap space. Trade up and get someone like Brian Thomas. Kincaid and Shakir will be better. Curtis Samuel as well. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I hate boiling down a guy who was literally great for us for almost his entire career...but that play really soured me on him after all the extracurricular drama the last couple of seasons.

Diggs production decreased the second half of the season and he has been a distraction but that’s not unique for wide receivers.  

It’s painfully obvious that what was said about him being a cancer wasn’t a lie and it looks like he pushed himself out this offseason and forced beane’s hand.

Do I think beane has a plan to lock up a replacement that isn’t in the draft ? No.  Hopefully I’m wrong. 

• Cheers 3

crawhammer

From someone invested in Patrick Mahomes not winning too many Super Bowl championships, this is really bad news.  Buffalo was one of the very few teams in the NFL with the capability of beating the Chiefs.  As the rosters stand now, that's no longer the case.  This move puts the AFC East in question, with Miami, or even the Rodgers-Jets in play.  I guess the Bills front office figured the Super Bowl window was tightening so they decided to just slam it shut and reboot.  There's just no way this helps the team for 2024, or the near future, so they must be looking at revamping for Allen's 30's.  Too bad, Allen's in his prime now, and given his physical style of play who knows how much of that he has left.

The team should part ways with Sean McDermott while they're at it.  The team has underachieved.  Three straight seasons with a top ranked offense and defense and three straight divisional round losses... one a soul crusher and the other two at home.  Fireable offenses.           

• clown 1
  • O Rly 2
  • Boo 2

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Do you have any idea how easy it is to find people losing their shit over this? I can post hot takes all day long, but posting one panicked person after another doesn't change that fact that literally none of you know why this happened.

I have confidence in what Beane is doing because it's easier than panicking with all the people who never want to.

Not as much fun as mocking those people, but I digress.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
23 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

From someone invested in Patrick Mahomes not winning too many Super Bowl championships, this is really bad news.  Buffalo was one of the very few teams in the NFL with the capability of beating the Chiefs.  As the rosters stand now, that's no longer the case.  This move puts the AFC East in question, with Miami, or even the Rodgers-Jets in play.  I guess the Bills front office figured the Super Bowl window was tightening so they decided to just slam it shut and reboot.  There's just no way this helps the team for 2024, or the near future, so they must be looking at revamping for Allen's 30's.  Too bad, Allen's in his prime now, and given his physical style of play who knows how much of that he has left.

The team should part ways with Sean McDermott while they're at it.  The team has underachieved.  Three straight seasons with a top ranked offense and defense and three straight divisional round losses... one a soul crusher and the other two at home.  Fireable offenses.           

I appreciate your take, but it honestly surprises me because you genuinely seem to have a tighter grasp of the NFL that most other fans.

Could be worse, I guess. Diggs could have abandoned a mother and her 4-year-old at the scene of an accident so he could get away with his guns and drugs.

Glad we dodged that bullet. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

So what?  If Jefferson hit FA, we are now able to be in on him.  Diggs pretty clearly trailed off as the season went on and since no one else is saying it at this moment...we've never won anything of consequence with him.

I love the guy.  I really do.  He was a great player most of his time in Buffalo but if GMBB decides it's time to move on, then I'm inclined to agree with him.  It's always better to move a guy a year too early than a year too late.

To your point, you can count on one hand the times Diggs was the guy who won the day for the Bills. And that includes his catch just before the Hail Murray.

That people somehow think Beane did this to get rid of Diggs and has no plan is ridiculous to me.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Do you have any idea how easy it is to find people losing their shit over this? I can post hot takes all day long, but posting one panicked person after another doesn't change that fact that literally none of you know why this happened.

I have confidence in what Beane is doing because it's easier than panicking with all the people who never want to.

Not as much fun as mocking those people, but I digress.

It’s easy to find people who share my opinion.  Shocking when it’s such a bad &#%$ing move.

Of course the more I think of it, this was all diggs.  BB specifically mentioned in his end of season press conference that he fully expected diggs to be the bills #1 wide receiver next season and he doesn’t usually commit (from memory) if he has no intention to.

All the talk about how diggs was a cancer and he wanted out of this team were true.  No way this organization is stupid enough to take such a bad cap hit unless they were forced to.  I don’t buy the declining production narrative.  

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I appreciate your take, but it honestly surprises me because you genuinely seem to have a tighter grasp of the NFL that most other fans.

Could be worse, I guess. Diggs could have abandoned a mother and her 4-year-old at the scene of an accident so he could get away with his guns and drugs.

Glad we dodged that bullet. :classic_laugh:

Felt great for once that diggs wasn’t the main wide receiver being discussed in the news.  

IDBillzFan
8 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Felt great for once that diggs wasn’t the main wide receiver being discussed in the news for beating a pregnant woman or abandoning a woman and her 4-year-old after a car wreck.

Fixed that.

IDBillzFan
10 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

It’s easy to find people who share my opinion.  Shocking when it’s such a bad &#%$ing move.

The result of this 'bad &#%$ing move' won't be know for quite a while. I'd sit back and watch everyone else panic over something for which they have absolutely no control.

• Like 3

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Fixed that.

Stef must have been upset that the spotlight wasn’t on him for a few hours. 

IDBillzFan
Just now, Ann said:

Dear Ryan,

Now is no time for common sense. Please panic and post fearful shit like everyone else.

SIncerely,

An Old Bills Fan

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

Fansince88
21 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Of course the more I think of it, this was all diggs.  BB specifically mentioned in his end of season press conference that he fully expected diggs to be the bills #1 wide receiver next season and he doesn’t usually commit (from memory) if he has no intention to.

All the talk about how diggs was a cancer and he wanted out of this team were true.  No way this organization is stupid enough to take such a bad cap hit unless they were forced to.  I don’t buy the declining production narrative.  

Now that eveyone pitching a fit about this is calming down a bit I will say it again. Bills didnt do this unless Diggs wanted it. He wanted out. 

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
19 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I don’t buy the declining production narrative.  

Yet it 100% passes the eye test if you watch the back half of last season. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1