Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL DRAFT: First Round Discussion

crawhammer
10 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You think the Bills would have traded the picks if they actually wanted Worthy or Leggette? Spoiler alert: they wouldnt have.

No, I don't understand trading #28 to the Chiefs so Mahomes can have another shiny new weapon. If I'm Beane, I'm hanging up on any call from the Chiefs, not even getting passed hello. Draft day one, his team isn't any better, while also being complicit in helping your nemesis get better. Again, stunningly stupid.

Fansince88
8 hours ago, Pete said:

No. He has nothing going on. We’ll have to wait and e see but I doubt you get anyone to come in and help right away. 

Speaking of trolls. 

dwight-shun.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What I don't understand is how you have time to be here posting when you are clearly NFL GM material.

So weird.

So you trust NFL GMs and scouts. Just not the Bills' GMs and scouts.

Just say that, man. 

Overreact also man, just say it. 

i think i posted on here 20 times or more that I’m sure Bean can draft players to develop. I trust Bean no doubt. I hope you can read because I have posted that and for the last time. But to think a third rounder even a second rounder will come in and make a big impact THIS year involves a lot of hope. I never want to work planning for success based on hope. I made sure everything was in place to KNOW I would succeed. 

crawhammer
37 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Well I am a Chiefs fan and I think this was a stupid trade. We could have stayed Pat or done what Bean did and picked up picks. In the Bills situation with a lot of holes to fill he has to be surprised both Carolina and the Chiefs helped him to pick players that most likely would have still been there. It is just another gadget player along the lines of Hardman and Toney. He will never be a top fifteen receiver. Just another small receiver that will end up running three yard jet sweeps for us. Reid gets sucked into the speed and forgets about everything else. 

Jesus Christ Dude, Reid is the best at what he does. Be happy about it. You're about to win an unprecedented 3rd consecutive SB, probably with or without Worthy working out. And the WRs you're complaining about - Toney and Hardman - each have Super Bowl game winning TD receptions over the last two seasons.  

3 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

No, I don't understand trading #28 to the Chiefs so Mahomes can have another shiny new weapon. If I'm Beane, I'm hanging up on any call from the Chiefs, not even getting passed hello. Draft day one, his team isn't any better, while also being complicit in helping your nemesis get better. Again, stunningly stupid.

It’s only stupid if you don’t trust your player evaluations and you are letting the Chiefs live in your head. Worthy weighs about 165lbs and got more than 50% of his yards on screens. I don’t want to make fear based decisions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

I know what you are saying but they would got him anyway. When I seen they dealt with the chiefs the hair on the back of my neck stood up. But whatever? That wasn’t the big deal because the chiefs were going to get him it seems. I’m sure if he turns into tyrek Hill this will be revisited tho.

IDBillzFan

I want to say this post helps you understand what the top options are going into the second round tonight, but I can't because if you remove the text it looks like an LGBTLMNOP flag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Uncle Joe
30 minutes ago, Pete said:

And please read all my posts if you want to know what I think.

Oh the irony is thick with this one.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Overreact also man, just say it. 

i think i posted on here 20 times or more that I’m sure Bean can draft players to develop. I trust Bean no doubt. I hope you can read because I have posted that and for the last time. But to think a third rounder even a second rounder will come in and make a big impact THIS year involves a lot of hope. I never want to work planning for success based on hope. I made sure everything was in place to KNOW I would succeed. 

But your posts from yesterday make no sense. You "trust Beane no doubt," but you don't because he didn't do what you thought he should do and now believe it's a rebuilding year and it'll be all up to JA.

It's April. Again. Its April. The only thing you know about the team right now is that you don't know everything you need to know about going into the new season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I want to say this post helps you understand what the top options are going into the second round tonight, but I can't because if you remove the text it looks like an LGBTLMNOP flag.

I don’t scout so hopefully one of these guys can come in and help right away. That’s all I want anyway. That’s why I said earlier if Bean thinks one of the defensive guys can make a bigger impact this year I hope he goes that direction. 

Fansince88
2 hours ago, Pete said:

Actually you mentioned what I thought they needed to do , trading into the top 10-15 and getting one of the top Wr. I wanted quality over quantity. 

other fans didn’t want that? good for them. 

You do know that was you that you were replying to right???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Oh the irony is thick with this one.

Lick me. It’s a &#%$en draft and I said these were just my opinion. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Well I am a Chiefs fan and I think this was a stupid trade. We could have stayed Pat or done what Bean did and picked up picks. In the Bills situation with a lot of holes to fill he has to be surprised both Carolina and the Chiefs helped him to pick players that most likely would have still been there. It is just another gadget player along the lines of Hardman and Toney. He will never be a top fifteen receiver. Just another small receiver that will end up running three yard jet sweeps for us. Reid gets sucked into the speed and forgets about everything else. 

^^^this^^^

I was really afraid we might see Worthy as a shiny new toy and draft him though his metrics other than speed really do kinda suck. Could he be the next Tyreek Hill? Maybe, but really, really doubtful

Give me plug and play production of a player like McConkey all day every day over a shiny new toy

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Pete said:

And please read all my posts if you want to know what I think. 

Are you &#%$ing kidding me, you shithead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

You do know that was you that you were replying to right???

Of course not.  He can't read.

• Haha 1

crawhammer
1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s only stupid if you don’t trust your player evaluations and you are letting the Chiefs live in your head. Worthy weighs about 165lbs and got more than 50% of his yards on screens. I don’t want to make fear based decisions. 

Let the Chiefs live in your head?? Have you seen the Bills playoff losses? I count 3 to the Chiefs in 4 seasons. The Chiefs have founded a village in Buffalo's soul. Probably not the best idea to give them an opportunity to get better.

• O Rly 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

But your posts from yesterday make no sense. You "trust Beane no doubt," but you don't because he didn't do what you thought he should do and now believe it's a rebuilding year and it'll be all up to JA.

It's April. Again. Its April. The only thing you know about the team right now is that you don't know everything you need to know about going into the new season.

Where did I say I didn’t trust bean? Did I say that? If I recall without going back and reading everything I said, my point was this smacks of rebuilding and I found that disappointing. I didn’t say he can’t rebuild the team or I don’t trust him. That’s made up by you. After that I might have been just talking crap because it was 2:30 am and I was way over tired.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Let the Chiefs live in your head?? Have you seen the Bills playoff losses? I count 3 to the Chiefs in 4 seasons. The Chiefs have founded a village in Buffalo's soul. Probably not the best idea to give them an opportunity to get better.

I don’t share that trauma. I decided not to. I’m looking forward. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

crawhammer
12 minutes ago, Pete said:

I know what you are saying but they would got him anyway. When I seen they dealt with the chiefs the hair on the back of my neck stood up. But whatever? That wasn’t the big deal because the chiefs were going to get him it seems. I’m sure if he turns into tyrek Hill this will be revisited tho.

I disagree. Worthy would have been gone by #32 and there's no guarantee that another team is stupid enough to trade with the reigning Super Bowl champion so they can get even better. 

Jabba The Hutt
59 minutes ago, snafu said:

Helps like a WR1 would help?

Nobody at 28.  And nobody in the 2nd.

And it seems like moving up to the mid-first was too expensive.  I'm not sold yet on this being a rebuilding year.

McConkey is a #1 WR

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1