Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL DRAFT: First Round Discussion

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

No. I don't. How is the Patriots not moving up two spots (when it wouldn't have been offered or accepted) the same as the Bills trading down twice, once with their nemesis, and the second time completely out of the round?

If "trading out of the round" is your criticism, you don't know much about drafting.  The round does not determine the quality of a player, particularly if you're moving from the last pick in a round to the first pick of the next.

• Cheers 1

Mahoney
14 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Worthy is extraordinarily talented and entering an ideal situation. That's how.

That's what they said about Skyy Moore. And JuJu. How'd they work out? So well that one of them is on the worst team in the NFL.

Edited by Mahoney

6 hours ago, crawhammer said:

LOL "suck for a decade." That's pretty terrible and clearly suggestive of Maye SUCKING.

I gotta give you credit for coming to enemy territory and sticking to your guns. Many people simply disagree with you that what the Bills did was foolish. Why they didn’t trade up to 22 is the better question (at Beane’s presser he alluded to the cost being too steep)? I think the Bills got value for pick #28 and pick #32, but none of us will know how this shakes out (talent/team wise) for a few years.

• Like 1

Sig1Hunter
14 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

No. I don't. How is the Patriots not moving up two spots (when it wouldn't have been offered or accepted) the same as the Bills trading down twice, once with their nemesis, and the second time completely out of the round?

How the hell do you know that the Bills trade offer into the top 10 to get one of those receivers (that Beane was so irresponsible in not pursuing) would have been accepted? How can you not see the glaring flaws in your logic? 

• Cheers 1

crawhammer
3 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Not at all. Your entire team is freaking terrible. There's plenty of suck to go around.

Um, that's actually not true. The offense is terrible and Maye could improve that (if he's better than Jones and Zappe for Christ's sake). The defense is above average and has a chance to be very good with Judon back and if Gonzalez is as good as he looked prior his injury. A Belichick-free environment will probably give the team a boost as well. The Patriots aren't winning the division though. And there's considerable doubt the Bills will win it either which is not something I thought would be possible a year ago.

crawhammer
8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If "trading out of the round" is your criticism, you don't know much about drafting.  The round does not determine the quality of a player, particularly if you're moving from the last pick in a round to the first pick of the next.

Is that supposed to be some kind of lesson?

My criticism is in my opinion (shared by many experts) the Bills had a golden opportunity to take a legit 1st round WR with incredible athleticism at a position of glaring need and not only did they pass on him but they effectively traded him to the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs who have routinely ended their seasons. If not for Penix to Atlanta with the 8th overall pick, this would easily be the worse looking move of the 1st round.  

crawhammer
14 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

That's what they said about Skye Moore. And JuJu. How'd they work out? So well that one of them is on the worst team in the NFL.

JuJu has a ring. Skye has 2. You're kind of missing a huge point here... the Chiefs have a reasonable margin for error. The Bills, especially after jettisoning Diggs and Davis, do not. I don't have to keep reminding you, the Bills already can't beat the Chiefs. One solution to that rather significant problem is NOT possibly making them better.   

crawhammer
16 minutes ago, Ann said:

I gotta give you credit for coming to enemy territory and sticking to your guns. Many people simply disagree with you that what the Bills did was foolish. Why they didn’t trade up to 22 is the better question (at Beane’s presser he alluded to the cost being too steep)? I think the Bills got value for pick #28 and pick #32, but none of us will know how this shakes out (talent/team wise) for a few years.

Well unless you're pausing activity on the message board until 2027 I think we can debate it in the meantime.

Alaska Darin
9 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

My criticism is in my opinion (shared by many experts) the Bills

The same experts who have a documented hit rate of less than 33% every year?  I remember when the Jets won day 1 of the 2021 draft because of Wilson and Vera Tucker.  This level of dumb never gets old and it's even more ignorant when Beane's 90% hit rate of selecting NFL players is considered.  For someone who supposedly loves "facts", you sure gloss over plenty of the real ones.

Worthy is 160 pounds soaking wet.  Everyone wants to pretend he's Tyreek Hill but ignore the fact that Hill was a very solidly built college running back that was converted to WR.  Worthy is a rail and it's going to be interesting to see if his frail frame holds up at the next level.  Being fast and selected by the team that got Hill in the FIFTH round doesn't an equal comparison make.

• Like 1

crawhammer
17 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How the hell do you know that the Bills trade offer into the top 10 to get one of those receivers (that Beane was so irresponsible in not pursuing) would have been accepted? How can you not see the glaring flaws in your logic? 

He didn't even try. He admitted it. That's negligence. The top 2 WRs at least in this draft are probable game-changers so you have to at least pick up the phone. Pretty sad if a QB of Allen's caliber is stuck with a bottom 5 WR corps.  

• Popcorn 1

crawhammer
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The same experts who have a documented hit rate of less than 33% every year?  I remember when the Jets won day 1 of the 2021 draft because of Wilson and Vera Tucker.  This level of dumb never gets old and it's even more ignorant when Beane's 90% hit rate of selecting NFL players is considered.  For someone who supposedly loves "facts", you sure gloss over plenty of the real ones.

Worthy is 160 pounds soaking wet.  Everyone wants to pretend he's Tyreek Hill but ignore the fact that Hill was a very solidly built college running back that was converted to WR.  Worthy is a rail and it's going to be interesting to see if his frail frame holds up at the next level.  Being fast and selected by the team that got Hill in the FIFTH round doesn't an equal comparison make.

If I were Beane I would have taken Worthy at #28. His profile and talent fits that selection. I certainly wouldn't have traded him to the Chiefs. If Beane wanted to get rid of that pick so badly then he should called 30 other teams first.

4 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

He didn't even try. He admitted it. That's negligence. The top 2 WRs at least in this draft are probable game-changers so you have to at least pick up the phone. Pretty sad if a QB of Allen's caliber is stuck with a bottom 5 WR corps.  

Nice job.  You started out with a strong (mistaken) opinion, found out that nobody agrees with you, and now have descended into trolling.  Nothing left for you to do but post a weak-ass meme and then go away.

• Cheers 3

Mahoney
13 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

JuJu has a ring. Skye has 2. You're kind of missing a huge point here...

Uhhh... I gave you two examples of receivers who were NOT "sure things" playing with Mahomes, though many thought they would be. Yet -- despite previously saying we can't tell anything until they play -- you insist this freshly drafted WR is a sure thing, and that the Bills made a huge mistake. I'm sorry, I can't dumb this down further for you.

• Applause 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, crawhammer said:

If I were Beane I would have taken Worthy at #28. His profile and talent fits that selection. I certainly wouldn't have traded him to the Chiefs. If Beane wanted to get rid of that pick so badly then he should called 30 other teams first.

Give me the list of 160 pound first round pick WRs who've played a significant role their rookie season in their team's success.  You love facts, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with a couple names with similar profile/talent.

Your assumption that Beane didn't have multiple teams calling for the pick is nonsensical, like most of your opinions.  You have no idea what the market was.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Uhhh... I gave you two examples of receivers who were NOT "sure things" playing with Mahomes, though many thought they would be. Yet -- despite previously saying we can't tell anything until they play -- you insist this freshly drafted WR is a sure thing, and that the Bills made a huge mistake. I'm sorry, I can't dumb this down further for you.

You cannot make up how ludicrous "they have rings" is as an argument.  You know who else has a ring?  Rob Johnson.

• Haha 1

Mahoney
6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

You cannot make up how ludicrous "they have rings" is as an argument.  You know who else has a ring?  Rob Johnson.

David Carr has one, too. Wait, who'd the Giants beat in the SB that year?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Give me the list of 160 pound first round pick WRs who've played a significant role their rookie season in their team's success.  You love facts, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with a couple names with similar profile/talent.

Your assumption that Beane didn't have multiple teams calling for the pick is nonsensical, like most of your opinions.  You have no idea what the market was.

Billy “White Shoes” Johnson!

Deranged Rhino
56 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Any Cooper DeJean takers?

Best value pick remaining. McDermott’s kind of guy. 

It wouldn’t surprise me. 

He was my "nightmare" scenario at 28 (not because he's not a good player at a position of need, but the thought of them passing on a WR for a DB would send lots of Bills fans over the edge). 

But at 33 it's not as scary and might make the most sense. I'm thinking it's either gotta be him or or one of the two WRs - barring a trade down again (which I think is likely).

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He was my "nightmare" scenario at 28 (not because he's not a good player at a position of need, but the thought of them passing on a WR for a DB would send lots of Bills fans over the edge). 

But at 33 it's not as scary and might make the most sense. I'm thinking it's either gotta be him or or one of the two WRs - barring a trade down again (which I think is likely).

Which 2?

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Which 2?

McConkey and Mitchell (Franklin at 60) seem to be the two left that had the most hype (I've only seen them play a handful of times so I have no take on them other than Josh seemed to really like McConkey in that QB Room interview last month).