Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL DRAFT: First Round Discussion

Jabba The Hutt
46 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

How many Joe Montana's have been drafted in the 3rd round? Oh yeah, 1.

Do you see a Randy Moss hidden gem left on the draft board or what? Give me a name.

McConkey

IDBillzFan
6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Where did I say I didn’t trust bean? Did I say that? If I recall without going back and reading everything I said, my point was this smacks of rebuilding and I found that disappointing. I didn’t say he can’t rebuild the team or I don’t trust him. That’s made up by you. After that I might have been just talking crap because it was 2:30 am and I was way over tired.

Does this sound like trust to you? Because if it does, than you need to stop using that word because it doesn't mean what you think it means.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

How disappointed do you think Josh Allen is at home right now looking at the names of the bills WR currently on the roster knowing Bean had no plan to bring in a WR that could make an impact next season? Put the cape back on, lots of running and carrying the team on your back again next season.

• Like 1

KD in CA
5 minutes ago, Pete said:

For THIS year I thought the team should package some picks to move up and grab one of the top wideouts. 

There was absolutely no way to do that for the top 3 guys without gutting at least two drafts, which would have been insane, not to mention there were no trades in the top 10 so possibly no takers on trade offers anyway (other teams have a plan too).

Obviously they would have taken Worthy, Legette or Pearsall if they really liked any of them.

So that just leaves Thomas.  For all we know they tried to get him but couldn’t get a deal done to move up.  The 4 picks right before Thomas were all good picks at key positions of need for contending teams.  And there is also the possibility they didn’t believe the difference between any of the guys taken in the back half of the round was that significant compared to the guys still on the board.

So in conclusion, people getting hysterical over ‘7 receivers taken’ need to take a deep breath.  For all we know, the Bills’ #4 or #5 WR is still available.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Pete said:

With this teams record of 2nd or 3rd round picks who lies their chances of picking someone that can help out this year. Torrence came in and helped out year 1. That is why I said what is going on reminds me of rebuilding. Maybe only 1 year to rebuild let’s hope.

Choose your words better. This is a retooling year. Not a rebuilding year. Huge difference. Trimmed some fat and adding youth. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

I disagree. Worthy would have been gone by #32 and there's no guarantee that another team is stupid enough to trade with the reigning Super Bowl champion so they can get even better. 

You realize it was not all one sided, the Chiefs had to give up something too, right? We decided it was worth it getting back into the 3rd round.

Edited by Augie
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m looking forward. 

You can do that. I can do that.

But a Pats* fan? In 2024?

Danny Devito No GIF - Danny Devito No Nope GIFs

• Haha 3

Jabba The Hutt
37 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

OMG. We all know what happened in New England at this point. Tom Brady. A unicorn GOAT unprecedented all time historic luckiest draft pick ever. 

MHJ and Nabers are going to terrorize defenses. I wanted either one over Maye at #3. I would have taken Daniels if he fell to #3 but otherwise I would have taken one of those two WRs. Odunze, Thomas Jr, and Worthy are very likely to be pro bowl caliber WRs immediately (the latter given his OC and QB). Any of these top 5 would have been a great fit with Josh Allen's arm talent. I'm still stunned that Beane passed on Worthy (essentially trading him to the Chiefs).

Technically Jodh Allen will be GOAT and Purdy will be close 2nd GOAT as Mr. Irrelevant. Tom Brady is now actually irrelevant

Carptom1
17 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Jesus Christ Dude, Reid is the best at what he does. Be happy about it. You're about to win an unprecedented 3rd consecutive SB, probably with or without Worthy working out. And the WRs you're complaining about - Toney and Hardman - each have Super Bowl game winning TD receptions over the last two seasons.  

GTFOH.. both of those touchdowns were schemed and had nothing to do with the quality of the receivers. Hardman was drafted as a Hill replacement when it looked like we needed to replace him with his domestic violence charges. He has been a bust overall. Toney has had 3 shining moments and many issues. Helaire and Moore have been busts. Veach has been a great evaluator of talent from the third round on. His record on the first two, especially offensively has been mediocre at best.

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There was absolutely no way to do that for the top 3 guys without gutting at least two drafts, which would have been insane, not to mention there were no trades in the top 10 so possibly no takers on trade offers anyway (other teams have a plan too).

Obviously they would have taken Worthy, Legette or Pearsall if they really liked any of them.

So that just leaves Thomas.  For all we know they tried to get him but couldn’t get a deal done to move up.  The 4 picks right before Thomas were all good picks at key positions of need for contending teams.  And there is also the possibility they didn’t believe the difference between any of the guys taken in the back half of the round was that significant compared to the guys still on the board.

So in conclusion, people getting hysterical over ‘7 receivers taken’ need to take a deep breath.  For all we know, the Bills’ #4 or #5 WR is still available.

I knew it would have taken a pick or two from next year but gutting two drafts? I’m not sure about that? But if you are right I get it. 

Sig1Hunter
38 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

No, I don't understand trading #28 to the Chiefs so Mahomes can have another shiny new weapon. If I'm Beane, I'm hanging up on any call from the Chiefs, not even getting passed hello. Draft day one, his team isn't any better, while also being complicit in helping your nemesis get better. Again, stunningly stupid.

So your argument is that the Bills passed on receivers that they clearly didnt want…but should have wanted because another team did? Talk about stunningly stupid.

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Dude I hope you are right!

I should be a GM, that's how right I get it... :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1

crawhammer
11 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

McConkey

Not a good Randy Moss comp at all. But whatever. McConkey is decent 2nd rounder nonetheless. He won't make me feel much better about trading Worthy to the Chiefs.

• Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Boo 1

6 hours ago, crawhammer said:

Let the Chiefs live in your head?? Have you seen the Bills playoff losses? I count 3 to the Chiefs in 4 seasons. The Chiefs have founded a village in Buffalo's soul. Probably not the best idea to give them an opportunity to get better.

It remains to be seen if he helps the Chiefs and makes them better. 

crawhammer
6 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So your argument is that the Bills passed on receivers that they clearly didnt want…but should have wanted because other teams did? Talk about stunningly stupid.

Beane didn't want MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, or BTJ? You don't believe that. Beane said he didn't even consider trading up, which is irresponsible imo. There's nothing not to like or want about those receivers, Beane apparently just has a different view of where the team's at for 2024. Like clearly there is no inclination for an optimal 2024, he's looking beyond 2024, I suppose, resetting the landscape, but clearly not aggressively pursuing obvious 1st round WR talent when there's a glaring need right now. 

Uncle Joe
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

It remains to be seen if he helps the Chiefs and makes them better. 

Silly Ann, don't you play that game, Jump to Conclusions?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Whatnot78
11 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Not a good Randy Moss comp at all. But whatever. McConkey is decent 2nd rounder nonetheless. He won't make me feel much better about trading Worthy to the Chiefs.

I'll keep your feelings in my prayers. 

• Haha 3

crawhammer

I don't get the apathy toward doing business with your nemesis.

I'll give GM Belichick credit for one thing, he traded Bledsoe to Buffalo, an obvious example of sabotaging a rival. 

But I don't get handing a speed merchant to Reid and Mahomes. I'll trust KC to know what works for their offense. So, as I said, I block their phone number on draft night.

• Boo 1

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Does this sound like trust to you? Because if it does, than you need to stop using that word because it doesn't mean what you think it means.

I told you, this is from posting to late at night being over tired. 

but for fun we should post memes of Allen looking at his roster of Wr.

I said FOR FUN! I just got to the gym so I can’t right now.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1