2024 NFL DRAFT: First Round Discussion

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Billy “White Shoes” Johnson!

FIFTEENTH ROUND!  :lol:

• FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

McConkey and Mitchell (Franklin at 60) seem to be the two left that had the most hype (I've only seen them play a handful of times so I have no take on them other than Josh seemed to really like McConkey in that QB Room interview last month).

Keep in mind the BILLS had Coleman in for a 30 visit...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He was my "nightmare" scenario at 28 (not because he's not a good player at a position of need, but the thought of them passing on a WR for a DB would send lots of Bills fans over the edge). 

But at 33 it's not as scary and might make the most sense. I'm thinking it's either gotta be him or or one of the two WRs - barring a trade down again (which I think is likely).

I think McConkey is more likely though.  But DeJean wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

Probably depends on what’s playing on the jungle drums that Beane listens to regarding veteran WRs he’s got on his Watch List. 

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Keep in mind the BILLS had Coleman in for a 30 visit...

He's the one guy I'm not sure about. He seems like the old school Bills WR that the former administration(s) liked (big, strong, non separator types). He looked great in the games I saw him (which weren't many this year) so I don't know what to make of the draft buzz about him sliding. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Is that supposed to be some kind of lesson?

It would be if you weren't a raving lunatic.

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone argue with this? (I mean anyone but crawhammer).

I don't know how the Niners would do it based on his cap stuff but he's obviously a great player who is essentially a "swiss army knife", which Beane has shown a fondness for.

crawhammer
1 minute ago, Mahoney said:

Uhhh... I gave you two examples of receivers who were NOT "sure things" playing with Mahomes, though many thought they would be. Yet -- despite previously saying we can't tell anything until they play -- you insist this freshly drafted WR is a sure thing, and that the Bills made a huge mistake. I'm sorry, I can't dumb this down further for you.

First, JuJu was good in 2022. Second, no one considered Skye Moore a sure thing. Third, it's not a contradiction to say you probably should watch Maye play some NFL ball before you put the Patriots in the sh*t house for a decade and the Bills probably shouldn't have traded literally the fastest player in the draft to Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

Mahoney
2 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

First, JuJu was good in 2022. Second, no one considered Skye Moore a sure thing. Third, it's not a contradiction to say you probably should watch Maye play some NFL ball before you put the Patriots in the sh*t house for a decade and the Bills probably shouldn't have traded literally the fastest player in the draft to Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

Got it. So now the "fastest" player in the draft is a sure thing. 😂

What's Marquise Goodwin up to these days? 🤔

Carptom1
1 hour ago, Mahoney said:

That's what they said about Skyy Moore. And JuJu. How'd they work out? So well that one of them is on the worst team in the NFL.

To be fair JuJu was decent. But your point is what I have said all along. Moore, Helaire, Toney, Hardman all came into the same situation and have not been good. Worthy is not anything like Hill. Hills stature is small, but he is a thick, tough SOB. 

crawhammer
35 minutes ago, snafu said:

Nice job.  You started out with a strong (mistaken) opinion, found out that nobody agrees with you, and now have descended into trolling.  Nothing left for you to do but post a weak-ass meme and then go away.

Mistaken? Did Beane give the Chiefs an opportunity to get better or not? The clear answer is yes. The Chiefs got the player they wanted because they think he's a good fit to their needs. Whether or not it pans out that way is another discussion. But they got the player they wanted via a trade with the Bills.

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Mahoney said:

Or:

Darius Heyward-Bey

Fabian Washington

Demarcus Van Dyke

Ty Thornton

JJ Nelson

Jalen Myrick

Jacoby Ford

Stanford Routt

Jerome Mathis

Dri Archer

Rondel Menendez

Kalon Barnes

John Ross

?????

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, Mahoney said:

He was with Cleveland last year. I had to look and was surprised he was still in the league.

• Cheers 1

crawhammer
6 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

I never said he was a sure thing. I hope he sucks worse than Tyquan Thornton. But I doubt he could possibly be that bad.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

Veach's WR choices since becoming KC's GM:

Rashee Rice (2023)

Skyy Moore (2022)

Cornell Powell (2021)

Mecole Hartman (2019)

Tremon Smith (2018)

crawhammer
24 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Anyone argue with this? (I mean anyone but crawhammer).

If I'm Buffalo then I'd prefer Aiyuk over Deebo but I don't understand why the 49ers would part with either one of these WRs considering they're propping up a mediocre quarterback in SF. But if Beane lands either one of them then it'll be somewhat redeeming (I'm still not taking any calls from KC). 

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Or:

Darius Heyward-Bey

Fabian Washington

Demarcus Van Dyke

Ty Thornton

JJ Nelson

Jalen Myrick

Jacoby Ford

Stanford Routt

Jerome Mathis

Dri Archer

Rondel Menendez

Kalon Barnes

John Ross

?????

Renaldo Nehemiah hahaa

• Haha 2

Mahoney
1 hour ago, crawhammer said:

... So give them an opportunity to get better?? And possibly increase their advantage?? Sorry, it's a bad move, even if Worthy doesn't pan out (which he will).   

Tell us again how you didn't say Worthy was a sure thing.

• Like 1

Sig1Hunter
8 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Tell us again how you didn't say Worthy was a sure thing.

I’ve given up the rational debate. He’s either an 8 year old or a troll. Either way, it’s pointless. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1