Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL DRAFT: First Round Discussion

Fansince88
44 minutes ago, Pete said:

where did I say give up All their picks? Please post it. You can’t. 

We cant because you have gone in so many circles just today alone. You have gone from rebuild and its going to be a horrible year to I never said that. 

Fansince88
54 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Are you &#%$ing kidding me, you shithead?

Gave up on the french I see. 

• Like 1

Fansince88
52 minutes ago, Pete said:

Where did I say I didn’t trust bean? Did I say that? If I recall without going back and reading everything I said, my point was this smacks of rebuilding and I found that disappointing. I didn’t say he can’t rebuild the team or I don’t trust him. That’s made up by you. After that I might have been just talking crap because it was 2:30 am and I was way over tired.

Did your mommy know you were still awake? 

• Haha 1

Fansince88
15 minutes ago, Pete said:

I told you, this is from posting to late at night being over tired. 

but for fun we should post memes of Allen looking at his roster of Wr.

I said FOR FUN! I just got to the gym so I can’t right now.

Planet Fitness? 

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

This proves you are mire of an idiot than I. I knew they were not going to pick last night. Ask @Crap Throwing Clavin, if I knew better than you and I'm an idiot, you must be an imbecile!

I think "idiot" historically was described as lower functioning than "imbecile".

But what do I know.  Most of the time, I'm a "low moron".

• I don't know 1
  • Haha 1

Mahoney
10 hours ago, crawhammer said:

He (Maye) hasn't taken a snap in the NFL yet. So we don't know dick about how good or bad he is.

Yet you're certain that Worthy -- who also hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet -- is the second coming. 🤡

Edited by Mahoney
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, Pete said:

I know what you are saying but they would got him anyway. When I seen they dealt with the chiefs the hair on the back of my neck stood up. But whatever? That wasn’t the big deal because the chiefs were going to get him it seems. I’m sure if he turns into tyrek Hill this will be revisited tho.

Offseason works a whole lot different than the regular season.  Back when Ralph and Lamar Hunt were alive the Chiefs did business with the Bills and at times when the regular season competition between the two was stiff.  We got Cornelius Bennett from the Colts who were division rivals at the time.  I think we even did business with the Dolphins back during the 1970's.  A pick that eventually yielded Joe D.

• Like 1

Carptom1
2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So your argument is that the Bills passed on receivers that they clearly didnt want…but should have wanted because another team did? Talk about stunningly stupid.

Exactly. One good wideout will not turn the needle that much this year. As long as you have Allen the threat to win is there. By trading back and improving position, he is going to try to fix holes and lower cap obligations for the next few years. While our local radio here in KC are surprised the Bills traded with us again ( the first couple worked out well for us) nobody is criticizing the Bills for the move. Most see the upside of doing it. It certainly makes sense to me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Offseason works a whole lot different than the regular season.  Back when Ralph and Lamar Hunt were alive the Chiefs did business with the Bills and at times when the regular season competition between the two was stiff.  We got Cornelius Bennett from the Colts who were division rivals at the time.  I think we even did business with the Dolphins back during the 1970's.  A pick that eventually yielded Joe D.

I get it. Just still sore from getting bounced in the playoffs by them again. Like I said, the hair on the back of my neck stops up but that lasted about 30 seconds. We all knew the chiefs were getting a WR. 

Sig1Hunter
2 hours ago, crawhammer said:

Beane didn't want MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, or BTJ? You don't believe that. Beane said he didn't even consider trading up, which is irresponsible imo. There's nothing not to like or want about those receivers, Beane apparently just has a different view of where the team's at for 2024. Like clearly there is no inclination for an optimal 2024, he's looking beyond 2024, I suppose, resetting the landscape, but clearly not aggressively pursuing obvious 1st round WR talent when there's a glaring need right now. 

I’d love to have a Lambo, but I can’t afford it and it wouldn’t be a smart investment to mortgage my house to get it, would it?

What the hell were the Patriots thinking in not moving up to draft Caleb Williams? They got stuck with a lesser talent! How irresponsible! See how this works? 

crawhammer
1 hour ago, Mahoney said:

Yet you're certain that Worthy -- who also hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet -- is the second coming. 🤡

Firstly, I wouldn't have drafted Maye at #3, so I don't know why I defending it, but I believe you (or someone) implied he sucks, which is ridiculous at this point. Maye isn't walking into a highly talented offense either, their WRs are almost as bad as Buffalo's. I also never said Worthy is "the second coming." I said he's a unique speedster who's worthy of a mid-to-late 1st round selection. As well he's got Reid and Mahomes now primarily accountable for his development and there isn't a better duo in the NFL for that. And the only reason we're having this discussion is Beane thought it was a good idea to trade with an organization that his team can't beat when it counts. So give them an opportunity to get better?? And possibly increase their advantage?? Sorry, it's a bad move, even if Worthy doesn't pan out (which he will).   

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Does this sound like trust to you? Because if it does, than you need to stop using that word because it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Hell, he can't even spell "Beane."

Mahoney
1 minute ago, crawhammer said:

Firstly, I wouldn't have drafted Maye at #3, so I don't know why I defending it, but I believe you (or someone) implied he sucks, which is ridiculous at this point. Maye isn't walking into a highly talented offense either, their WRs are almost as bad as Buffalo's. I also never said Worthy is "the second coming." I said he's a unique speedster who's worthy of a mid-to-late 1st round selection. As well he's got Reid and Mahomes now primarily accountable for his development and there isn't a better duo in the NFL for that. And the only reason we're having this discussion is Beane thought it was a good idea to trade with an organization that his team can't beat when it counts. So give them an opportunity to get better?? And possibly increase their advantage?? Sorry, it's a bad move, even if Worthy doesn't pan out (which he will).   

Please get my quotes straight. I never said Maye sucked. I said he was far inferior to Josh Allen and your team will suck for the next decade, in part, but not in whole, because of Maye. 

crawhammer
21 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I’d love to have a Lambo, but I can’t afford it and it wouldn’t be a smart investment to mortgage my house to get it, would it?

What the hell were the Patriots thinking in not moving up to draft Caleb Williams? They got stuck with a lesser talent! How irresponsible! See how this works? 

No. I don't. How is the Patriots not moving up two spots (when it wouldn't have been offered or accepted) the same as the Bills trading down twice, once with their nemesis, and the second time completely out of the round?

Mahoney
5 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Sorry, it's a bad move, even if Worthy doesn't pan out (which he will).   

But he hasn't played a snap in the NFL. How do you know? (Your 'logic' is destroying you)

Any Cooper DeJean takers?

Best value pick remaining. McDermott’s kind of guy. 

It wouldn’t surprise me. 

crawhammer
2 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Please get my quotes straight. I never said Maye sucked. I said he was far inferior to Josh Allen and your team will suck for the next decade, in part, but not in whole, because of Maye. 

LOL "suck for a decade." That's pretty terrible and clearly suggestive of Maye SUCKING.

Mahoney
3 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

LOL "suck for a decade." That's pretty terrible and clearly suggestive of Maye SUCKING.

Not at all. Your entire team is freaking terrible. There's plenty of suck to go around.

crawhammer
3 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

But he hasn't played a snap in the NFL. How do you know? (Your 'logic' is destroying you)

Worthy is extraordinarily talented and entering an ideal situation. That's how. Maye could suck, although that's doubtful, he's more likely to be mediocre at his floor, especially given the unfavorable offensive situation he's entering, but his ceiling is certainly higher than a decade of sucking.  

• Facepalm 1