Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Tua is absolutely the product of the talent at Alabama.  He threw to a lot of wide open receivers after executing play action.

List of skill position players he played with:

Jerry Jeudy (1st Round)

Henry Ruggs (1st Round)

Devonta Smith (likely 1st Round)

Jaylen Waddle (injured but likely high NFL draft choice)

Najee Harris (will be one of the first running backs taken)

Saban preaches not to turn the ball over, so Tua has never had "NFL windows" to throw a ball into.  Those passes just aren't thrown at Alabama - they go to a checkdown.  He's going to need a long adjustment period to get used to reading and executing successfully against an NFL defense because it's completely foreign to him. 

I think Miami panicked early in the year, thinking they needed to see what Tua had in case they wanted to get into the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.  The won some ugly games with defense and turnover conversions, much like the BILLS did with Tyrod Taylor under center.

• Like 5

I think it's going to be funny listening to Fish fans potentially deal with this kind of take for years because they took Tua instead of Herbert.

• FANtastic 1

And while it's one thing to have Fitz bail him out a couple times, pulling Tua entirely as starter is potentially career altering.  Flores has indeed painted himself into a corner.

Given Tua and that secondary, I think the Bills would be licking their chops if they drew Miami in the first round.

Edited by KD in CA

The rookie book is out on Tua.  His NFL career will hinge on how he approaches it starting this January.  Won’t surprise me if there will be another bunk in Camp Palmer.  

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think it's going to be funny listening to Fish fans potentially deal with this kind of take for years because they took Tua instead of Herbert.

They had the wrong Josh also so two wrongs don't make a right.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The won some ugly games with defense and turnover conversions, much like the BILLS did with Tyrod Taylor under center.

That's kind of where I was watching yesterday, basically a better Tyrod Taylor.
I did  chuckle a few times when they mentioned the long pass was not his game.
I don't miss those days when 3rd and 18 was insurmountable. I think that was when Tua got pulled on the next series.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

That's kind of where I was watching yesterday, basically a better Tyrod Taylor.
I did  chuckle a few times when they mentioned the long pass was not his game.
I don't miss those days when 3rd and 18 was insurmountable. I think that was when Tua got pulled on the next series.

I recall that Tyrod had a decent deep ball, especially when Harvin was healthy.  His trouble was always the intermediate throw, and why he was so easy to defend.   

2 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I recall that Tyrod had a decent deep ball, especially when Harvin was healthy.  His trouble was always the intermediate throw, and why he was so easy to defend.   

The deep out and arm strength is my measuring stick. Then the ability to make catchable throws.
Hey, this could easily become a Josh Allen thread 🍺

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

It was alright. Tyrod is never going to be anything other than a .500 QB; a good backup. He's far too safe with the ball (which is not a bad thing, but not always a good thing) to be better than middling.

If I'm a Dolphins fan, I'm scared about my team's chances right now.

Steelers not playing Ben makes the Browns' chances go up.

Colts are playing the Jags.

Titans playing the Texans.

And Ravens are playing the Bengals.

Boo hoo, fish fans!!

• FANtastic 1

Maybe they

16 minutes ago, snafu said:

If I'm a Dolphins fan, I'm scared about my team's chances right now.

Steelers not playing Ben makes the Browns' chances go up.

Colts are playing the Jags.

Titans playing the Texans.

And Ravens are playing the Bengals.

Boo hoo, fish fans!!

Maybe Ryan Finley will throw the game winning TD to get them into the playoffs.  Then they can get together and each give $3 to FInley's favorite charity, raising at least $124 if all the Fish fans chip in the minimum.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Maybe they

Maybe Ryan Finley will throw the game winning TD to get them into the playoffs.  Then they can get together and each give $3 to FInley's favorite charity, raising at least $124 if all the Fish fans chip in the minimum.

All I read there was Fish & Chips.  MMMmmmmm.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, devnull said:

Bucky Brooks questioning whether the Dolphins should move on from Tua (second part of article)

https://www.nfl.com/news/ranking-top-five-wide-receivers-should-dolphins-draft-another-qb

With Houston's high draft pick, now definitely would be a time for Miami to contemplate picking another QB.

I am in no way a QB evaluator. Tua could remain healthy and take a Josh-like leap in his game. He reminds me of Tyrod; tentative, not going to lose you a game with a big mistake, but not going to give you that brilliant play with the game on the line either. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1