Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Which really just means he knows their system and playbook, because he wasn't on their team until the end of June in 2020.

Granted, it was raining, but he was missing guys badly yesterday in red zone work (not sure how indicative this clip is of the entire session):

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

gilmore.jpg.b2d211651a3a3165ae495c2e1511ddaa.jpg

Stephon Gilmore Tweets Interesting Reaction To List Of Highest-Paid Defensive Backs In NFL

</snip>

CBS Sports HQ tweeted a graphic at 3:48 p.m. on Tuesday, displaying the 10 highest-paid defensive backs in the NFL. A little more than a half-hour later, Gilmore quote-tweeted the graphic with a simple message: “Oh ok ….”

</snip>

Gilmore was of course not one of the 10 names on that list. It’s unclear where exactly he wants to be on that list, but he clearly believes he belongs on it somewhere.

Gilmore, who in 2019 became the first cornerback to be named Defensive Player of the Year since 2009 and just the second since 1994, likely believes he belongs on that list. He would have been on such a list last year, when the *Patriots moved $5 million from his 2021 salary to 2020 to try to compensate for what became an under-market deal. Now a year later, with a base million of $7 million, Gilmore’s salary is lower than under-market deal. It’s an under-under-market deal.

</snip>

Well, this just funny.

He agreed to getting more money up front in his original multi-million deal.

That means it is lower now.

That is the contract YOU signed.

He's just trying to get out of there IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

He's just trying to get out of there IMO

Is he expecting less national tv time in NE?
I thought that was more important than the $$$$$$$$$$$.

I should have added, I don't think that Gilmore is in the top 5 anymore, but I sure would like to see him in the NFC.

• Like 1

*Patriots Rumors: Stephon Gilmore Hasn't 'Expected to Be Traded' amid Contract Holdout

</snip>

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported Thursday on SportsCenter that Gilmore, who skipped the *Patriots' mandatory minicamp in June as part of a contract holdout, and the front office may pick up talks about a new deal ahead of training camp in late July:

"The *Patriots and Gilmore know they can intensify contract talks sometime in the next few weeks. And I'm told that Gilmore has largely not expected to be traded throughout this process because he knows the *Patriots have made moves with Gilmore in mind. They haven't gotten a cornerback to replace him. And as one source told me, 'Do the *Patriots really want to go into Week 4 against Marsha without their top cornerback?' And so things are slow right now, but I expect those sides to ramp up negotiations sometime before training camp."

</snip>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

**Patriots Rumors: Stephon Gilmore Hasn't 'Expected to Be Traded' amid Contract Holdout

</snip>

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported Thursday on SportsCenter that Gilmore, who skipped the **Patriots' mandatory minicamp in June as part of a contract holdout, and the front office may pick up talks about a new deal ahead of training camp in late July:

"The **Patriots and Gilmore know they can intensify contract talks sometime in the next few weeks. And I'm told that Gilmore has largely not expected to be traded throughout this process because he knows the **Patriots have made moves with Gilmore in mind. They haven't gotten a cornerback to replace him. And as one source told me, 'Do the **Patriots really want to go into Week 4 against Marsha without their top cornerback?' And so things are slow right now, but I expect those sides to ramp up negotiations sometime before training camp."

</snip>

I doubt Gilmore alone is going to make a difference against Marsha.

• Cheers 1