Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

*Patriots Ch(e)at

IDBillzFan

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

100%

He’s not a very good drafter, and I would love to see Josh playing twice this season against a **Patriots secondary without both Gilmore and Jackson.

I don't know if we can afford his contract but boy, I like the idea of having that guy as CB2 and not running with some rookie.  I doubt it happens but I'd be just fine sending them a 2 for a proven high-level NFL performer in his athletic prime.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Dude was a pretty good player, but I suspect your typical *Patriots* fan with the football knowledge of a gnat will be talking about how glad they are he's gone because he missed some critical play in a critical game that made them cry.

Which is to say, in NE*, everyone'll hang Chung tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Robert Kraft explains *Patriots spending spree: 'It's like investing in the stock market'

</snip>

*Patriots owner Robert Kraft told Peter King for his Football Morning In America column that the over-the-top spending was a calculated bet from the usually stingy club.

"It's like investing in the stock market," Kraft said. "You take advantage of corrections and inefficiencies in the market when you can, and that's what we did here. We'll see. Nothing is guaranteed, and I'm very cognizant of that. But we're not in the business to be in business. We're in this business to win."

</snip>

"We had the second or third-most cap room at the start of free agency," Kraft told King. "This year, instead of having 10 or 12 teams competing for most of the top players, there were only two or three. And in my 27 years as owner, I've never had to come up with so much capital before."

With several deals still to officially be accounted for, the *Patriots have already guaranteed more than $162 million. When it's all said and done, Belichick is likely to have handed out more than $172 million in guaranteed money, which as ESPN beat writer Mike Reiss pointed out, is the amount Kraft paid for the club when he bought it in 1994.

</snip>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Robert Kraft explains **Patriots spending spree: 'It's like investing in the stock market'

</snip>

**Patriots owner Robert Kraft told Peter King for his Football Morning In America column that the over-the-top spending was a calculated bet from the usually stingy club.

"It's like investing in the stock market," Kraft said. "You take advantage of corrections and inefficiencies in the market when you can, and that's what we did here. We'll see. Nothing is guaranteed, and I'm very cognizant of that. But we're not in the business to be in business. We're in this business to win."

</snip>

"We had the second or third-most cap room at the start of free agency," Kraft told King. "This year, instead of having 10 or 12 teams competing for most of the top players, there were only two or three. And in my 27 years as owner, I've never had to come up with so much capital before."

With several deals still to officially be accounted for, the **Patriots have already guaranteed more than $162 million. When it's all said and done, Belichick is likely to have handed out more than $172 million in guaranteed money, which as ESPN beat writer Mike Reiss pointed out, is the amount Kraft paid for the club when he bought it in 1994.

</snip>

So, they used to laugh at other clubs doing the same?

We'll see who's laughing now.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:
***Patriots awarded extra comp pick after NFL error

gettyimages-kraft-belichick.jpg

What was the "error" , letting someone else finish first ?

😡

🤣

When you've consistently had multiple comp picks every single &#%$ing year since the comp rule was introduced and you basically suck and ultimately have to spend 175mm in free agency, after your once in a lifetime miracle draft of the GOAT leaves, because you can't draft worth a shit... will it even matter?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

🤣

When you've consistently had multiple comp picks every single &#%$ing year since the comp rule was introduced and you basically suck and ultimately have to spend 175mm in free agency, after your once in a lifetime miracle draft of the GOAT leaves, because you can't draft worth a shit... will it even matter?

Put the IT team on 24/7 high alert against attempts to hack our draft board!  Billy B and Evil Ernie won’t listen to their own scouts, but they might have figured ours know what they are doing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1374126240647372804

Grading every team after NFL free agency: Cleveland Browns, Washington Football Team and Denver Broncos come out on top

<snip>

NEW ENGLAND *Patriots: ABOVE AVERAGE

Best signing: TE Hunter Henry

“The Patriot Way” has apparently undergone some significant changes and now includes spending more guaranteed money in free agency than any team in NFL history in a single week of free agent business.

The *Patriots were once able to patch over a lot of cracks on their roster with Marsha and the coaching knowledge, but that’s just not possible anymore, as demonstrated by the 2020 season. So the *Patriots needed to spend to repair the roster, and spend they did.

Their decisions make clear that this team will be using multiple TE sets for the first time in a number of years. Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry represent significant individual outlay, but together they are the most money committed to the tight end position in the NFL. In 2020, the *Patriots ran just 31 snaps with multiple tight ends on the field, by far the lowest in the league. Evidently, that is something that will shift significantly in 2021. Elsewhere, they also spent to add receivers that can get open, signing Nelson Agholor after a career year as a deep threat in Las Vegas. Only Tyreek Hill scored more deep touchdowns (eight) than Agholor (six) last season.

The team also spent big money on Matthew Judon to upgrade their defensive front. Judon has 109 total pressures over the last two seasons including the postseason, but 49% of those pressures were either unblocked, clean up or pursuit plays. That's one of the highest rates in the league, so the money is a risk. New England kept hammering, adding players that will upgrade various depth spots on both sides of the football.

Perhaps the most significant other move was some quiet reshuffling of the offensive line: trading away Marcus Cannon and replacing him with Trent Brown, who returns after a stint with the Raiders. Brown is younger than Cannon but has a track record of capable play in New England when he was there.

</snip>

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

New **Patriots WR Kendrick Bourne Promises ‘Something Special Is About To Happen’

by: New England **Patriots News & Updates from WBZ, CBS Channel 4 – CBS Boston CBS Boston3s

New **Patriots receiver Kendrick Bourne is ready to inject an overwhelming flood of optimism into the picture.

He runs a 4.68 to the bank?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 10:08 AM, B-Man said:

New **Patriots WR Kendrick Bourne Promises ‘Something Special Is About To Happen’

by: New England **Patriots News & Updates from WBZ, CBS Channel 4 – CBS Boston CBS Boston3s

New **Patriots receiver Kendrick Bourne is ready to inject an overwhelming flood of optimism into the picture.

What kind of throwing stance is that?

• Haha 1