Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the officiating in the NFL?

mead107

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

It's possible that the ball was so overthrown that the ref did not think it was catchable until it was picked off

38 minutes ago, devnull said:

It's possible that the ball was so overthrown that the ref did not think it was catchable until it was picked off

How does that mean ANYTHING on a defensive HOLDING call?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How does that mean ANYTHING on a defensive HOLDING call?

Maybe the ref thought the hold woudn't have impacted the play

1 minute ago, devnull said:

Maybe the ref thought the hold woudn't have impacted the play

Doesn't friggin' matter.  They call defensive holding very often when it's nowhere near where the ball ended up going.

On a night when the league is ballwashing the Swifties favoritest newest team, it's a really bad look.  But not unexpected.

45 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Doesn't friggin' matter.  They call defensive holding very often when it's nowhere near where the ball ended up going.

On a night when the league is ballwashing the Swifties favoritest newest team, it's a really bad look.  But not unexpected.

Refs could flag alot more holding, offensive and defensive. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

It's one of a couple hundred sketchy ref calls/non-calls we see every season.  Honestly, there's nothing terribly special about this one.  

It sucks. Yesterday was especially bad, not just for the Bills (where it was absolutely abysmal), but though the league at large.

• Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

It sucks. Yesterday was especially bad, not just for the Bills (where it was absolutely abysmal), but though the league at large.

It really was.  There were an insane amount of head scratchers in every game I watched yesterday.  It was one of the worst days of football from beginning to end that I can remember.

• Cheers 3

34 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It really was.  There were an insane amount of head scratchers in every game I watched yesterday.  It was one of the worst days of football from beginning to end that I can remember.

It's like half of them throw a flag when they think something might be a penalty instead of only doing so when they definitively witness it.  eg., the Oliver hands to the face and Allen-on-Allen roughing calls.

Then it's further compounded by flat out ignoring blatant fouls that occur right in front of them, like the hold on Mahomes' critical late run against the Jets.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

It's like half of them throw a flag when they think something might be a penalty instead of only doing so when they definitively witness it.  eg., the Oliver hands to the face and Allen-on-Allen roughing calls.

Then it's further compounded by flat out ignoring blatant fouls that occur right in front of them, like the hold on Mahomes' critical late run against the Jets.

I have exactly the same complaint about hockey.  If it gives or takes a scoring opportunity or there is a player safety issue, blow the whistle.  Otherwise you're a &#%$ing lawn ornament.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

There always seems to be that one week where the officials decide to stick their heads way up their asses and engage in some extreme form of what-the-&#%$ery.

And it always seems to be around weeks 5-8.

Biscuit Bennett (and some others) used to take his helmet off after every play so the fans could see his pretty face. The League got tired of that and made it a penalty to take your helmet off on the field of play. 

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

Biscuit Bennett (and some others) used to take his helmet off after every play so the fans could see his pretty face. The League got tired of that and made it a penalty to take your helmet off on the field of play. 

Cultural Marxism

Eliminate individualism in favor of the collective identify

Crap Throwing Clavin
36 minutes ago, You Dirty Rat said:

I think the announcers are really at home watching on TV

I know I heard a vacuum cleaner 

That was the sound of Mac Jones' career prospects...

• Haha 3