Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the officiating in the NFL?

mead107

:popcorn3:

🏈 The NFL admits and understands that they did not make the correct calls at end of Sunday’s Colts/Browns Game. I believe we need to institute Instant Replay for all calls, including Penalties, in the last two minutes of All Games.

6 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Makes you wonder if the refs are fans of teams as when you are at the job, you have to of course be impartial.

Clients of DraftKings?

7 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Makes you wonder if the refs are fans of teams as when you are at the job, you have to of course be impartial.

You’d almost think they’d have to be. It seems it’d be pretty rare for someone to care enough about football to become an official at the highest level without having a favorite team they rooted for as a kid, and how many of us have changed that allegiance since growing up? 

• Like 1

I don’t like the fact that the refs appear to be untouchable. Because the nfl insists on keeping things hush and just releasing the least amount of information leads people to speculate if it’s all on the up and up. 

myself I don’t believe there’s widespread favoritism going on but I totally wouldn’t rule it out. 

I just wish there was some accountability for poor performances.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Ann said:

:popcorn3:

🏈 The NFL admits and understands that they did not make the correct calls at end of Sunday’s Colts/Browns Game. I believe we need to institute Instant Replay for all calls, including Penalties, in the last two minutes of All Games.

Why only then?  Getting screwed at any point in the game can change the outcome.

The officiating in the NFL has been a joke for years.  They just don't care because we still consume it like we don't care either.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

On 10/23/2023 at 10:28 AM, Ann said:

There is a lot of moaning and groaning going on on Miami twitter this morning. Heck, Indy got jobbed, the Bills had rough non calls (and calls). But if this is true, why is this crew allowed to ref!?

if the ref went rogue in an NFL game against the  league's interests, he would be fired in a nanosecond.

The facts that the  NFL continues to employ him and accepts outright incorrect calls lends credence to the argument that the bogus calls are supporting the NFL's directive to that ref crew to obtain a league mandated outcome.

My personal belief is that league dictated outcomes have been around for decades.  In part to protect large market teams.  Vince McMahon could learn a thing or two from the NFL in that regard.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

why would the league fine, or even worse, suspend refs who are doing as directed by the league to influence game outcomes?

too many blow outs - not a problem -  a few key penalties to stall or keep drives alive works wonders to keep scores close

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

why would the league fine, or even worse, suspend refs who are doing as directed by the league to influence game

To maintain the illusion that the refs are objective and not throwing games.  Duh.

For a nutball who embraces every single crackpot theory he hears, you really suck at conspiracy theories.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Pickett slammed to the ground after the pass and injures shoulder.

Not a penalty because he landed on is side. Fn stupid.

• Like 2