Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What do you think of the officiating in the NFL?

mead107

The reffing tonight was mindnumbingly bad.  But don't believe they cost the Bills the game.  The Bungles were the better team tonight.  But not by much.  Just get Kincaid's fumble back (nevermind all the other shenanigans and poor decisions/plays) and they likely eek out a victory in a building that is becoming their house of horrors.  (Realizing the playoff game last year was in Buffalo.  The other 2 games around it were pretty bad experiences.  Hopefully Bernard isn't out beyond the end of yesterday's game.)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

The only constant is that it gets worse every week.

I dunno if I'd say it's getting worse every week, but it's definitely not getting any better

7 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Definitely all the calls/non-calls that l referred to above.

They impact a 1 score game.

Officiating needs to be a full-time job.

I at the point that I dont think it matters. How long before it is exposed that the officiating are doing exactly what the NFL wants.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 11/6/2023 at 6:30 PM, Fansince88 said:

I at the point that I dont think it matters. How long before it is exposed that the officiating are doing exactly what the NFL wants.

The fatal fallacy inherent in that concept is the idea that a group of people who can't define "catch" are capable of forming any sort of coherent plan.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Clowns

Volson's is what it is because the fine amount for a first offense is capped at 10% of his game check.

His 2023 cap number is 1,034,220.  An 18th of that is $57,456.  A tenth of that is $5,746 - his fine amount.

The league enforces the rules about calculating fines to a "T."  They're shit about enforcing the rules of the game, but they don't &#%$ around calculating fines.

EDIT: and whatever he was fined for...well, it could be anything.  Can't tell from the amount what he was specifically find for, as the only fines normally less than $6k are uniform violations.  Any other fine he was assessed would have been reduced.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 1