Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

31 minutes ago, Ann said:

The Titans fan forum is calling for Tannehill's head.  I cannot say I blame them, but he's not going anywhere. He'd be a $57M hit if he got cut next year. 2023 looks painful, but if they were really pressed, doable. He's not going anywhere for a few years.

57.thumb.jpg.e5e651fdf277e8ba8fc201bf485b1de3.jpg

He did the same thing to Miami, tricked them into giving him a monster contract, then promptly shit the bed.

He couldn't have picked a better time to revert to the Dolphins QB. 

• Applause 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 1/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I wouldn't wanna be sitting at 20 in the draft needing a QB.

And let's be honest, that isn't the most talented roster in the league.

We can help em out with QB situation...send us TJ Watt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ann said:

The Titans fan forum is calling for Tannehill's head.  I cannot say I blame them, but he's not going anywhere. He'd be a $57M hit if he got cut next year. 2023 looks painful, but if they were really pressed, doable. He's not going anywhere for a few years.

57.thumb.jpg.e5e651fdf277e8ba8fc201bf485b1de3.jpg

I should have more sympathy for the Titans but Vrabel is one of my least favorite NFL coaches at the moment.  That aside the Titans were just waiting to be embarrassed by the right team.  They always struck me as a team that played quite aways above their heads.  Teams that are all about intensity only play hard for the HC only so long.  Would not be surprised to see Jughead aka Vrabel gone in a couple of years.  For the Titans/Oilers franchise this could be worse than the Comeback Game in terms of fan malaise.  

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 7:49 PM, devnull said:

I'm sorry, but whenever I read anything about Mayfields injury, my brain replaces Mayfield's labrum with Mayfield's labia

You too?

Same here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I should have more sympathy for the Titans but Vrabel is one of my least favorite NFL coaches at the moment.  That aside the Titans were just waiting to be embarrassed by the right team.  They always struck me as a team that played quite aways above their heads.  Teams that are all about intensity only play hard for the HC only so long.  Would not be surprised to see Jughead aka Vrabel gone in a couple of years.  For the Titans/Oilers franchise this could be worse than the Comeback Game in terms of fan malaise.  

Have no sympathy at all for that franchise.  Bud Adams was a power tool.

In a perfect world that team would only ever beat the Fish, Cheats, & Pokes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Have no sympathy at all for that franchise.  Bud Adams was a power tool.

In a perfect world that team would only ever beat the Fish, Cheats, & Pokes.

Bud Adams was a turd more often than not but the Oiler's were a team I could root for in the playoffs if the Bills were out of contention.   Not that it happened very often.  I was always an AFC guy but after a while I clearly had Steeler fatigue, Bungle fatigue, and Bronco fatigue if the Bills were out of it.  I could never root for the Raiders or Dolphins other than if it had positive ramifications for the Bills.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Bud Adams was a turd more often than not but the Oiler's were a team I could root for in the playoffs if the Bills were out of contention.   Not that it happened very often.  I was always an AFC guy but after a while I clearly had Steeler fatigue, Bungle fatigue, and Bronco fatigue if the Bills were out of it.  I could never root for the Raiders or Dolphins other than if it had positive ramifications for the Bills.  

Was that way until living in Houston for a few years.  After moving there absolutely hated the Eulers.  (But LOVED Fail Delgreco.  He was money when it didn't matter but was absolute trash in the clutch.)

Home Run Throw Forward was at least as painful as any of the 4 SB's.

#### those guys.

32 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

IMO Vrabel is this year's Coach of the Year. He overachieved greatly considering all the injuries. Doesn't mean I like him, just that he did a great job getting them into the playoffs, never mind the #1 seed once Henry, Jones, etc when down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ann said:

IMO Vrabel is this year's Coach of the Year. He overachieved greatly considering all the injuries. Doesn't mean I like him, just that he did a great job getting them into the playoffs, never mind the #1 seed once Henry, Jones, etc when down.

But then put the game on his QB shoulders in the playoffs instead of the guy who got them most of the wins. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

But then put the game on his QB shoulders in the playoffs instead of the guy who got them most of the wins. 

Henry has a plate in his foot.  Probably the reason they leaned on Tannehill as much as they did.  I doubt that Henry will ever be the player he was before the injury.  Henry used to be a desirable get for a team such as the Bills but not any longer.  With a good offseason the Titans could return to the playoffs following the upcoming season but like I said the situation is as such where Vrabel could lose the team if things go poorly.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Henry has a plate in his foot.  Probably the reason they leaned on Tannehill as much as they did.  I doubt that Henry will ever be the player he was before the injury.  Henry used to be a desirable get for a team such as the Bills but not any longer.  With a good offseason the Titans could return to the playoffs following the upcoming season but like I said the situation is as such where Vrabel could lose the team if things go poorly.  

I said to my wife that preinjury he would have got the 2pt conversion. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I said to my wife that preinjury he would have got the 2pt conversion. 

I think that play (which I thought was the right decision at the time) was where people saw he wasn't back to 100%. Will he ever be? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

The Titans’ shitty QB completely wasted two of the best WRs in the league.

Edited by snafu

1 hour ago, snafu said:

The Titans’ shitty QB completely wasted two of the best WRs in the league.

Boy, you're not lying.  With their backfield they should be able to go over the top using play action whenever they want.

Tannyhill is just a limited guy.  You have to hit that guy early and make him doubt himself.  I'm really annoyed that they didn't call the hold on Poyer on their long TD run because that play completely changed that game.

• Cheers 1