Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

The top QB in the AFC doesn't have his final 2 pass attempts in the Super Bowl end up as a bad overthrow and game-ending sack.  That's &#%$ing nonsense.

I thought he was just taking the position to spark debate, but it appears he really believes it. 

You know, that clip annoys me now more than ever.  Let's just put the Bengals' DC on our staff and tell me where the BILLS are today...

That is just terrible, stupid, and lazy analysis.  Burrow was mostly terrible in the Super Bowl and if not for an illegal 70+ yard TD pass, throws for 150 "real" yards (when you take away sack yardage) and his offense goes an entire game getting only 15 first downs.  He's the best QB in the AFC?  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Holy. Crap. Lamar Jackson is cheering this on, and Josh's contract will soon look like an outright bargain.

Raiders Rumors: Derek Carr's Contract Extension Likely to Average $40M Per Year

Any extension for Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr would reportedly fall in the $40 million-per-season range.

Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal provided the report on the 30-year-old Carr, who has one season left on a five-year, $125.025 million contract extension.

"As it relates to Derek Carr and the Raiders, the sense is no proposals have been exchanged yet on an extension," Bonsignore tweeted.

"You'll see various numbers being thrown around, but, as I've been reporting, any extension would likely be in the $40m per season range."

</snip>

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The top QB in the AFC doesn't have his final 2 pass attempts in the Super Bowl end up as a bad overthrow and game-ending sack.  That's &#%$ing nonsense.

They needed a FG to tie the game with probably the most automatic kicker in the NFL on their sideline.  Dude came up small when it mattered and that's the only story that needs told.

The only way I get what he's saying is if it's to get the typical clickbait reactions.

If you read the comments in the post, pretty much the entire world is like, "Ummm, dude, he's lucky to be #4 behind Herbert."  The only reasons Burrow is at that game is because of Leslie Frazier, Ryan Tannehill, and Mike Vrabel. One can't stop shit, one can't throw for shit and the other was stupid enough to think it was a good idea to make a guy coming off foot surgery his horse in the run game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The only way I get what he's saying is if it's to get the typical clickbait reactions.

If you read the comments in the post, pretty much the entire world is like, "Ummm, dude, he's lucky to be #4 behind Herbert."  The only reasons Burrow is at that game is because of Leslie Frazier, Ryan Tannehill, and Mike Vrabel. One can't stop shit, one can't throw for shit and the other was stupid enough to think it was a good idea to make a guy coming off foot surgery his horse in the run game.

I know you're a GMFB guy too - they normally don't go very far from reality on the show.  That one was pretty out there.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I know you're a GMFB guy too - they normally don't go very far from reality on the show.  That one was pretty out there.

In fairness, I'm a GMFB highlights guy. TV is never on in the morning in my house unless planes are flying into buildings. But I've seen enough of their clips to know what makes the show work is a combination of cool personalities, the Kay Adams'-just-rolled-out-of-my-bed look, and genuine football assessment.

There's no way you can consider Shrager's body of work, and then watch that clip, without thinking he was pushing for clickbait, because he's simply not stupid enough to think Burrows didn't trip backwards into that game.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

In fairness, I'm a GMFB highlights guy. TV is never on in the morning in my house unless planes are flying into buildings.

Make sure you have it on Friday.  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 2

Maybe this means he stays in Green Bay? 🤷‍♀️

Shailene Woodley and Aaron Rodgers Split: ‘He Put Football First’

</snip>

“While Shailene is supportive of Aaron’s career, he put football first and they were barely spending any time together,” says one insider. “She felt he neglected their relationship. Neither of them was happy.”

The Green Bay Packers quarterback, 38, is “an independent guy,” the sources adds, noting Aaron “got cold feet” about his impending nuptials to the Big Little Lies actress, 30.

Ultimately, Shailene and Aaron “couldn’t make it work,” a second insider explains. “There were too many obstacles. They’re both adults and decided to part amicably.”

</snip>

12 hours ago, Ann said:

Maybe this means he stays in Green Bay? 🤷‍♀️

Shailene Woodley and Aaron Rodgers Split: ‘He Put Football First’

</snip>

“While Shailene is supportive of Aaron’s career, he put football first and they were barely spending any time together,” says one insider. “She felt he neglected their relationship. Neither of them was happy.”

The Green Bay Packers quarterback, 38, is “an independent guy,” the sources adds, noting Aaron “got cold feet” about his impending nuptials to the Big Little Lies actress, 30.

Ultimately, Shailene and Aaron “couldn’t make it work,” a second insider explains. “There were too many obstacles. They’re both adults and decided to part amicably.”

</snip>

Comment from someone on Twitter this morning: Aaron Rodgers - Still looking for a second ring.

• Haha 3

I read some interesting speculation on Reddit that the Steelers hiring of Brian Flores may be to entice Deshaun Watson

Edited by devnull

11 hours ago, devnull said:

I read some interesting speculation on Reddit that the Steelers hiring of Brian Flores may be to entice Deshaun Watson

Entice ?

He would be lucky to play anywhere at this point.

12 hours ago, devnull said:

maybe they will trade for him and convert him to LB

or they'll force Tomlin to "retire" 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

NFL Rumors: Commanders Expected to Show Interest in 'Big-Ticket' QB Market

by: Tyler Conway Bleacher Report31m

The Washington Commanders reportedly want to begin their rebrand with a franchise quarterback at the helm.

Has to be Watson.  He “Commanded” masseuses left and right so the rebranding is a great fit.