Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

he doesn't want out, per se.

he wants a huge new contract, with lots of guaranteed money

from whomever

He’s 38 and supposedly wants $50m. Is he worth that? Will Green Bay (or some other team) pay that? 🤷‍♀️ 

1 hour ago, Ann said:

He’s 38 and supposedly wants $50m. Is he worth that? Will Green Bay (or some other team) pay that? 🤷‍♀️ 

someone will

doubt that its GB, though

teams are desperate for top QB play

however, big risk he hits the wall shortly

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

someone will

doubt that its GB, though

teams are desperate for top QB play

however, big risk he hits the wall shortly

The Redskin Commanders are looking for a franchise QB, and are willing to trade to get one. Maybe Rodgers ends up there.

However, the sooner Rodgers gets traded away, the sooner the Green Bay GM will get judged on his own merits, instead of riding Rodgers’ coattails. It is in the GM’s interest to put off that day of reckoning for as long as possible. With that in mind, Rodgers’ only way out of Green Bay might be to play out his current contract and sign with someone as a free agent. Stinks for Green Bay fans, who stand to lose their franchise QB for no compensation except compensatory picks. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Well, he did learn watching Favre.

It's like "Rogers Day" every year.  He comes out of the football season, and if he sees his shadow it's six more weeks of contract speculation.

I wish he'd gotten the Jeopardy job, so I could forget all about him.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's like "Rogers Day" every year.  He comes out of the football season, and if he sees his shadow it's six more weeks of contract speculation.

I cant take the guys smug whining demeaner. We went through this all last year. They drafted a guy and he outright said Im not teaching him. No use for him as a player. Agree CTM. 

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

I cant take the guys smug whining demeaner. We went through this all last year. They drafted a guy and he outright said Im not teaching him. No use for him as a player. Agree CTM. 

In Rodgers’ defense, the majority of his career was wasted by an incompetent front office and the incompetence of Mike McCarthy. He gets a new, better coach in LaFleur, and has MVP performances these past two years. Late career, but still a solid chance to win a Super Bowl.

But, the new incompetent GM comes in and worsens that chance by wasting a first round pick on Jordan Love. Love exactly fits the Losman/Manuel profile: great physical tools, but nothing to suggest he’s an accurate passer or fast at processing information. So not only is the front office throwing Rodgers under the bus with that pick, they’re getting nothing useful in return. If the first round pick squandered on Love had been used on an offensive lineman or a defensive player, maybe Rodgers would have another ring.

When Tom Brady went down with an injury the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at the helm. When Rodgers got hurt, the Packers went 2-5-1. Rodgers’ greatness has been masking the incompetence of others in the Packers organization. The Jordan Love pick was just one more iteration of that incompetence. It is not Rodgers’ responsibility to fix that mistake. 

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I wish he would just retire.  Saying anything else would not be appropriate here.  Can't stand him and his dirtbag styled long hair.  I do wish somebody would find out that he did not complete his ROTC commitment or some similar thing then good bye long hair and hello crew cut.  Be my luck he would appeal to Biden and Biden would exempt military hair cut for Rogers.  

14 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man, how old are you that you care about stuff like that?  :lol:

I have no problem with well styled or groomed long hair which is also washed frequently.  His looks otherwise.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 1