Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

38 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I have no problem with well styled or groomed long hair which is also washed frequently.  His looks otherwise.

Your 1st world problems are acknowledged. 

59 minutes ago, Ann said:

It now seems that Kyler Murray wants to remain Arizona’s QBas long as the team is willing to make his long term contract extension a priority.

A statement from Cardinals’ QB Kyler Murray’s agent, @ErikBurkhardt :

kyler.thumb.jpg.81332a51c2a6a9db1e5f0cda2f3f1f74.jpg

Seems like Arizona is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Looks like they chose a QB with physical skills and no heart. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Seems like Arizona is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Looks like they chose a QB with physical skills and no heart. 

Yeah, the full court press after year 3 and coming off a bad second half of the year is a big red flag to me.  This just screams 'I'm only here for the money'.

Almost everything that happens in this league makes me appreciate Josh Allen even more.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

15 hours ago, Ann said:

I wonder how much side money guys like Shefter make shilling for players’ agents in the offseason?

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

Alaska Darin
On 2/28/2022 at 7:55 AM, Ann said:

It now seems that Kyler Murray wants to remain Arizona’s QBas long as the team is willing to make his long term contract extension a priority.

I knew he was small but he's not even half the size of that piece of paper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

On 2/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, Ann said:

Who thought this was a good idea?

It seems Kyler Murray's agent has been taking tips from Jussie Smollett's publicist. 

It would have been less insulting to the fans' intelligence just to say he wants to get paid rather than trying to serve it up under a paper thin veil that reeks of bullshit.

The only reason to put something like this out there is to sway public opinion in your favor, but this misses the mark by a mile. 

It sounds like a speech you'd hear from a WWE heel manager gushing over the heel's accomplishments and greatness. The ultimate goal of the heaping praise is to make the manager, and in turn the heel, come off as arrogant pricks the fans want to see get knocked down a peg. I doubt that's what Murray was going for.

Sometimes it can be advantageous for an athlete to assume the heel role. It's made Colby Covington a lot of money. But when you're an NFL quarterback trying to bully the front office into betting the future of the franchise on you, it might not be the best time for a heel turn.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

could replace Mitch

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/04/tom-brady-is-still-under-contract-but-only-because-of-an-effort-to-create-cap-space/

Brady initially signed a two-year contract with the Buccaneers in 2020. Last year, in an effort to create $19 million in cap space for a team that was trying to keep the band together, Brady signed a new two-year deal. He didn’t receive a raise over his $25 million annual compensation (a tremendous bargain for the Bucs), either last year or this year. It was simply a device to lower his number in a cap-crunched season, due to the pandemic. He didn’t have to do it. But he did it, primarily to help the team keep other players — not to enrich himself, or even to get anything close to his actual value.

Thus, as a practical matter, his commitment to the Buccaneers has ended. Any clumsy effort to huff and puff about Brady being the exclusive property of the Buccaneers and that the team wouldn’t allow him to pick his next destination will serve only to blow down the house of whoever tries to do it.

53 minutes ago, Ann said:

carr.jpg.8ecea97cd312696efeb53a1efece52c4.jpg

So nice to be able to read a tweet like this and not think, "Huge upgrade over what we've got!"

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Baltimore Ravens' Lamar Jackson says racial bias against Black quarterbacks 'still there' in NFL

</snip>

When the discussion turned to how there has been a historical bias against Black quarterbacks, James said, "It's dying off, but it's still there."

Jackson responded, "It's still there. That's why I need that championship."

</snip>

This should be t-ed up to the time (19:10). Lamar actually didn't say what the headlines purported. He didn't say "it is still there" but he did say "That's why I need that championship."

• Facepalm 1