Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterback Carousel 2022 (new year starts on pg. 53)

snafu

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Baltimore Ravens' Lamar Jackson says racial bias against Black quarterbacks 'still there' in NFL

</snip>

When the discussion turned to how there has been a historical bias against Black quarterbacks, James said, "It's dying off, but it's still there."

Jackson responded, "It's still there. That's why I need that championship."

</snip>

This should be t-ed up to the time (19:10). Lamar actually didn't say what the headlines purported. He didn't say "it is still there" but he did say "That's why I need that championship."

Yeah. Just like when professional women began to enter the workforce the “Glass Ceiling” became a thing. No one ever looked the least bit interested in looking into the thousands of male professionals who had already been bumping up against that same ceiling for a dozen decades. 

Sure, it’s all about you Lame-r. It’s all about you. 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Yeah. Just like when professional women began to enter the workforce the “Glass Ceiling” became a thing. No one ever looked the least bit interested in looking into the thousands of male professionals who had already been bumping up against that same ceiling for a dozen decades. 

Sure, it’s all about you Lame-r. It’s all about you. 

Oh, poor me. I got chosen over Josh Allen and I'm the victim.

6 hours ago, Ann said:

decision.jpg.da1f60c7e0d2fc34cb260311cfeb834d.jpg

Are they not entertaining trade talks because they’re not fielding calls?
Or are that not entertaining trade talk because they are not getting calls?

I’d trade him for the best deal I could get. All he’s given them is a selfish attitude and a bunch of regular season wins. Time to move on without him. 

• Wow 1

50 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh, poor me. I got chosen over Josh Allen and I'm the victim.

Chosen for what?

19 minutes ago, snafu said:

Are they not entertaining trade talks because they’re not fielding calls?
Or are that not entertaining trade talk because they are not getting calls?

I’d trade him for the best deal I could get. All he’s given them is a selfish attitude and a bunch of regular season wins. Time to move on without him. 

Earlier in this thread is a quote from the GM that they had not received any calls for a trade for him.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Earlier in this thread is a quote from the GM that they had not received any calls for a trade for him.

well now - that must be gospel

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

well now - that must be gospel

It may not be true, it might be true.  I only posted his quote which I take at face value.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Long term? The guy is a million years old. Who does he think he is, Tom Brady?

They both know that a long-term contract is symbolic only, and he won't play it out.

Which means the only way Rodgers accepts it is if it has a mammoth amount of guaranteed money.  And the Packers, when Rodgers is done, would have to vaporize their roster to eat the dead money hit.

And I kind-of like the Packers.  I'd love to see that happen to the Dolphins or Cowboys...but I don't want to see that happen to Green Bay.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Green Bay should have made a contingency plan last offseason.

And should have cut bait this offseason.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:34 AM, Ann said:

Baltimore Ravens' Lamar Jackson says racial bias against Black quarterbacks 'still there' in NFL

</snip>

When the discussion turned to how there has been a historical bias against Black quarterbacks, James said, "It's dying off, but it's still there."

Jackson responded, "It's still there. That's why I need that championship."

</snip>

This should be t-ed up to the time (19:10). Lamar actually didn't say what the headlines purported. He didn't say "it is still there" but he did say "That's why I need that championship."

Funny how there isn’t as much racial bias against black quarterbacks who can look off the safety and hit his third receiver in stride.  

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

AFC West is now:

Wilson, Mahomes, Carr, Herbert

And the AFC definitely did not need another good QB.

Here I was celebrating dodging the Rogers-to-the-AFC bullet... then I see this. 

• Like 3

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Here I was celebrating dodging the Rogers-to-the-AFC bullet... then I see this. 

Same.

Thank goodness he didn't land in the AFCE. At least this way, the West should beat on each other and maybe this is the end of "going through Kansas City." (I am looking for a bright spot.)

• Like 1