Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Power Rankings

Ann

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Browns and Jets are up there because of their quarterbacks. Period.

D Watson was NOT good in his return to the NFL. His QB rating was 79.1 as opposed to 112 the last time he played. I’m not one to root against people often, but I certainly will not root FOR this perv with the stupid contract from the worst owner in the NFL. 

The Jets? I get that, for a while. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This isn't a real power rankings, more a rankings based off the espn+ articles ranked by coaches and execs for the 2023-2024 season. It says power rankings in the title, so I am adding it here.

2023 NFL Future Power Rankings: Projections for all 32 teams

Yes, every NFL team wants to win in 2023. But savvy franchises also keep an eye to the future and set themselves up for long-term success. Which teams will continue to pile up wins and show steady improvement over the next few years? In our annual Future Power Rankings, we focused on the next three seasons (2023 through 2025) and stacked all 32 clubs' longer-term expectations.

To do so, we asked our panel of experts -- Dan Graziano, Louis Riddick and Seth Walder -- to rate each team's quarterback situation, remaining (non-QB) roster, drafting ability/capital, front office and coaching using this scale:

100: A+ (Elite)
90: A (Great)
80: B (Very good)
70: C (Average)
60: D (Very bad)

50 and below: F (Disastrous)

After averaging the results from the panelists, each of the five categories was weighted to create the overall score: roster (30%), quarterback (20%), draft (15%), front office (15%) and coaching (20%). The result is a comprehensive ranking based on how well each team is positioned for the future. Our experts then picked out reasons for optimism, reasons to worry and crucial stats to know for every franchise.

1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. KC Chiefs
3. Cincinnati Bengals
T4. Baltimore Ravens

T4. Buffalo Bills 
overall score 89.9, overall roster (minus QB) 86.7
QB 96
Coaching 91.3
Draft 83.7
Front office 92.7

Reason for hope: Buffalo's highest grade came in the quarterback category, and Josh Allen remains its biggest strength. But the Bills also scored in the 90s in coaching and front office, and it's important to remember that, like all of the teams in this range, the culture that the Bills' leadership has established is central to Buffalo's long-term prognosis. -- Graziano

Reason for concern: The pass rush is still a major concern going forward, and we saw it last year when Von Miller was lost for the season. Miller is coming off a major injury at age 34, and there isn't anyone else on the roster who shows game-changing pass-rush tools. It's an issue. But what worries me even more is the identity of the offense when the games matter the most. Can the Bills control the line of scrimmage, run the football and not be so dependent on Allen? If they don't get that figured out, this team could miss a very good window of opportunity. -- Riddick

Stat to know: Allen has posted a 71.4 QBR over the past three seasons. That's better than any quarterback not named Patrick Mahomes. Consistently great play at quarterback is the most important attribute for sustainable success, and it's a big reason the Bills are ranked here. -- Walder

6. Seattle Seahawks
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
T8. Jacksonville Jaguars
T8. San Francisco 49ers
10. Dallas Cowboys

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Ann said:

This isn't a real power rankings, more a rankings based off the espn+ articles ranked by coaches and execs for the 2023-2024 season. It says power rankings in the title, so I am adding it here.

2023 NFL Future Power Rankings: Projections for all 32 teams

Yes, every NFL team wants to win in 2023. But savvy franchises also keep an eye to the future and set themselves up for long-term success. Which teams will continue to pile up wins and show steady improvement over the next few years? In our annual Future Power Rankings, we focused on the next three seasons (2023 through 2025) and stacked all 32 clubs' longer-term expectations.

To do so, we asked our panel of experts -- Dan Graziano, Louis Riddick and Seth Walder -- to rate each team's quarterback situation, remaining (non-QB) roster, drafting ability/capital, front office and coaching using this scale:

100: A+ (Elite)
90: A (Great)
80: B (Very good)
70: C (Average)
60: D (Very bad)

50 and below: F (Disastrous)

After averaging the results from the panelists, each of the five categories was weighted to create the overall score: roster (30%), quarterback (20%), draft (15%), front office (15%) and coaching (20%). The result is a comprehensive ranking based on how well each team is positioned for the future. Our experts then picked out reasons for optimism, reasons to worry and crucial stats to know for every franchise.

1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. KC Chiefs
3. Cincinnati Bengals
T4. Baltimore Ravens

T4. Buffalo Bills 
overall score 89.9, overall roster (minus QB) 86.7
QB 96
Coaching 91.3
Draft 83.7
Front office 92.7

Reason for hope: Buffalo's highest grade came in the quarterback category, and Josh Allen remains its biggest strength. But the Bills also scored in the 90s in coaching and front office, and it's important to remember that, like all of the teams in this range, the culture that the Bills' leadership has established is central to Buffalo's long-term prognosis. -- Graziano

Reason for concern: The pass rush is still a major concern going forward, and we saw it last year when Von Miller was lost for the season. Miller is coming off a major injury at age 34, and there isn't anyone else on the roster who shows game-changing pass-rush tools. It's an issue. But what worries me even more is the identity of the offense when the games matter the most. Can the Bills control the line of scrimmage, run the football and not be so dependent on Allen? If they don't get that figured out, this team could miss a very good window of opportunity. -- Riddick

Stat to know: Allen has posted a 71.4 QBR over the past three seasons. That's better than any quarterback not named Patrick Mahomes. Consistently great play at quarterback is the most important attribute for sustainable success, and it's a big reason the Bills are ranked here. -- Walder

6. Seattle Seahawks
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
T8. Jacksonville Jaguars
T8. San Francisco 49ers
10. Dallas Cowboys

I have no idea how the Ravens get ranked so high.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I have no idea how the Ravens get ranked so high.

front.jpg.5aafb01aacb394562c6fc366d8a98796.jpg

Reason for hope: Stability and a long track record of competence both in the front office and on the coaching staff are the main reasons there's always optimism in Baltimore. General manager Eric DeCosta and coach John Harbaugh have kept the franchise competitive year in and year out. Plus, quarterback Lamar Jackson is still only 26 and one of the most thrilling players in the league. If he can stay healthy and take to the new offense, the Ravens could be really good for a really long time. -- Graziano

Reason for concern: In last year's Future Power Rankings, I was worried about the Ravens' philosophical approach and offensive personnel going forward under then-OC Greg Roman's direction. With the veteran addition of Odell Beckham Jr. and the drafting of Zay Flowers in the first round, I'm in a much better place on the wide receiver talent. Bringing in new offensive coordinator Todd Monken should take the passing game -- and specifically play-action out of 12 personnel -- to levels it hasn't achieved to this point, but it is still an unknown. -- Riddick

Stat to know: Roquan Smith, whom the Ravens signed to an extension this offseason, ranked fifth in run stop win rate (41%) among linebackers last season. His coverage numbers were a little down; he allowed 1.0 yards per coverage snap, slightly worse than the 0.9 average for linebackers, per NFL Next Gen Stats. But he has been stronger in that category in the past, with just 0.6 yards per coverage snap allowed in 2020. -- Walder

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

front.jpg.5aafb01aacb394562c6fc366d8a98796.jpg

Reason for hope: Stability and a long track record of competence both in the front office and on the coaching staff are the main reasons there's always optimism in Baltimore. General manager Eric DeCosta and coach John Harbaugh have kept the franchise competitive year in and year out. Plus, quarterback Lamar Jackson is still only 26 and one of the most thrilling players in the league. If he can stay healthy and take to the new offense, the Ravens could be really good for a really long time. -- Graziano

Reason for concern: In last year's Future Power Rankings, I was worried about the Ravens' philosophical approach and offensive personnel going forward under then-OC Greg Roman's direction. With the veteran addition of Odell Beckham Jr. and the drafting of Zay Flowers in the first round, I'm in a much better place on the wide receiver talent. Bringing in new offensive coordinator Todd Monken should take the passing game -- and specifically play-action out of 12 personnel -- to levels it hasn't achieved to this point, but it is still an unknown. -- Riddick

Stat to know: Roquan Smith, whom the Ravens signed to an extension this offseason, ranked fifth in run stop win rate (41%) among linebackers last season. His coverage numbers were a little down; he allowed 1.0 yards per coverage snap, slightly worse than the 0.9 average for linebackers, per NFL Next Gen Stats. But he has been stronger in that category in the past, with just 0.6 yards per coverage snap allowed in 2020. -- Walder

Yeah...I still don't know how.  

Lamar Jackson might be the most seriously overrated QB in the league.  

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah...I still don't know how.  

Lamar Jackson might be the most seriously overrated QB in the league.  

Saquon should ask Lamar to act as his agent and negotiate with the Giants.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Saquon should ask Lamar to act as his agent and negotiate with the Giants.

He’s be a better Agent than a Quarterback. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

With the Giants starting Tommy Devito, it's a real missed opportunity to not rank the Giants as "funny like a clown."

• Haha 2