Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Right?  Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  Undersized LBer!  Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Bernard was nothing short of awesome this year and made more plays game-changing plays for his team in a single season as a starter than Onalim has made in his entire career.  Benford has been a revelation at CB2, while a healthy Spencer Brown has been very dominant at times and overall a consistently above-average NFL RT, to say nothing of how his nastiness elevates the entire group.

Fixed.

• Haha 1

Fansince88
56 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

All that begins, must end.

But I'm not quite ready for this just yet.

They come up in many Bills conversations. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ann said:

IF they're not back, and they really both might not be, that will have a significant impact on how effective this defense is.  The two of them are great at helping to disguise what they're doing on every play.  They won't be a bottom ten D or anything that significant, but doubt they'll stay top 5 with their departures.

• Like 2

This could be goodbye for Micah Hyde, one of most important Buffalo Bills players ever
- Sal Maiorana

</snip>

After playing four seasons during which he started about half the time in Green Bay’s secondary, Hyde wanted so much more and Buffalo, with its young, new, defensive-minded coach, Sean McDermott, looked like the perfect place for that to happen.

But then he showed up at One Bills Drive for a free agent visit and thought, what am I doing here?

“I remember coming here, it was cloudy … and that was when they were redoing this locker room,” Hyde recalled Monday as he was packing up his locker stall. “They had the training room down in the stadium and it was like this little ass room. And I’m coming from Green Bay with, you know, Lambeau Field and new facilities. I’m walking in here like, ‘Man, what the hell am I doing and why am I here?’ But it ended up being one of the best decisions I ever made. This is a very, very special place.”

However, it is a place that Hyde has likely said goodbye to because as soon as the gun sounded Sunday night and the Bills’ head-shaking 27-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs was complete, Hyde’s playing career probably ended. He is 33 years old, his contract will expire in March, and he is dealing with a surgically-repaired neck that, every time he stepped on the field this season, created angst in the back of his mind.

</snip>

But he knew he could be a full-time starter, a difference maker, and when he hit free agency, McDermott was all over him because that’s what he saw in Hyde, too. He saw that production and made the projection that Hyde would be a perfect fit in his defense, a rangy, athletic, physical player with great ball skills and intelligence. It was one of the best decisions McDermott has ever made.

</snip>

The pirouette

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Ann said:

This could be goodbye for Micah Hyde, one of most important Buffalo Bills players ever
- Sal Maiorana

</snip>

After playing four seasons during which he started about half the time in Green Bay’s secondary, Hyde wanted so much more and Buffalo, with its young, new, defensive-minded coach, Sean McDermott, looked like the perfect place for that to happen.

But then he showed up at One Bills Drive for a free agent visit and thought, what am I doing here?

“I remember coming here, it was cloudy … and that was when they were redoing this locker room,” Hyde recalled Monday as he was packing up his locker stall. “They had the training room down in the stadium and it was like this little ass room. And I’m coming from Green Bay with, you know, Lambeau Field and new facilities. I’m walking in here like, ‘Man, what the hell am I doing and why am I here?’ But it ended up being one of the best decisions I ever made. This is a very, very special place.”

However, it is a place that Hyde has likely said goodbye to because as soon as the gun sounded Sunday night and the Bills’ head-shaking 27-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs was complete, Hyde’s playing career probably ended. He is 33 years old, his contract will expire in March, and he is dealing with a surgically-repaired neck that, every time he stepped on the field this season, created angst in the back of his mind.

</snip>

But he knew he could be a full-time starter, a difference maker, and when he hit free agency, McDermott was all over him because that’s what he saw in Hyde, too. He saw that production and made the projection that Hyde would be a perfect fit in his defense, a rangy, athletic, physical player with great ball skills and intelligence. It was one of the best decisions McDermott has ever made.

</snip>

The pirouette

He will be missed. 

• Like 3

IDBillzFan
On 1/22/2024 at 4:29 PM, Taro T said:

They won't be a bottom ten D or anything that significant, but doubt they'll stay top 5 with their departures.

That's kind of a pessimistic take. I mean, it's certainly possible, but I feel like Beane and coaches have a pretty firm grip on establishing solid depth.

We lose Tre, we get Benford and bring in Douglas, who has been a stud. We lose Milano, we get Bernard.  As fans, we naturally worry about what will happen if and when Hype/Poyer are gone, but I have no doubt Beane and company not only look at the draft and free agency through the lens of immediate needs, but potential/hypothetical needs.

We're worried about losing them and he probably has six people in his sights (through draft and free agency) who would address those hypotheticals.

• Like 1
  • I don't know 1