Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Chandemonium
On 1/1/2024 at 6:39 PM, Ann said:

elam.jpg.e6cbdc81d11eeb5cab5a2823d1acd082.jpg

This isn’t comforting when the last player who we had to constantly be reminded how young he is was Edmunds. Still, it’s too early to start throwing around the ‘b-word’ and I think Elam’s performance this year had more to do with his injury situation, as he looked worse than he did as a rookie when he saw the field. 

• Like 3

Ninety-4
5 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

This isn’t comforting when the last player who we had to constantly be reminded how young he is was Edmunds. Still, it’s too early to start throwing around the ‘b-word’ and I think Elam’s performance this year had more to do with his injury situation, as he looked worse than he did as a rookie when he saw the field. 

He won't fetch much in an off-season trade as his contract is a bit rich for his performance.  His dead cap number is high.  Best option is probably to keep him, invest in his development and hope he grows into the contract before it's done.  

Kaiir Elam Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

He won't fetch much in an off-season trade as his contract is a bit rich for his performance.  His dead cap number is high.  Best option is probably to keep him, invest in his development and hope he grows into the contract before it's done.  

Kaiir Elam Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

It would be great to see him earn a second contract from The Bills - with all that implies.

• Like 2

KD in CA
7 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Remember, next season Edmunds will only be 22!   🤦‍♂️

KD in CA
On 12/31/2023 at 6:40 PM, Ann said:

What a great pick.  Balances out the Elam disappointment.

Maybe GMBB should trade his first rounder every year for a half dozen fifths and sixths.  We seem to draft better there!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Ann said:

Taron Johnson second team All Pro

second.jpg.51ff9c3bab9b22ce5a180560d89a5f06.jpg

Htf does an All Pro (1 of the 2 best players at his spot in the league) NOT make the Pro Bowl?  The voting for the flag football game is insane.

• Like 1
  • I don't know 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Htf does an All Pro (1 of the 2 best players at his spot in the league) NOT make the Pro Bowl?  The voting for the flag football game is insane.

S'okay. TJ might have a conflict on Pro Bowl day.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
On 1/1/2024 at 5:41 PM, Fansince88 said:

Did anyone give up on the guy that has been on IR?

There was plenty of chirping by Twitter Mafia about trading Elam at the deadline for whatever GMBB could get in return.  Beane (as he almost always does) made the right call and kept Elam, obviously hoping he continues to develop and his Grade A athleticism eventually translates to a starting role.

• Like 3

Uncle Joe
38 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There was plenty of chirping by Twitter Mafia about trading Elam at the deadline for whatever GMBB could get in return.  Beane (as he almost always does) made the right call and kept Elam, obviously hoping he continues to develop and his Grade A athleticism eventually translates to a starting role.

I really wanted McDuffie and KC who finished ahead of us in the standings also picked before us to snatch McDuffie.
Nevertheless, so many of Beane's picks that were also chirped at stepped up his year. I'm hoping Elam does next year.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
18 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I really wanted McDuffie and KC who finished ahead of us in the standings also picked before us to snatch McDuffie.
Nevertheless, so many of Beane's picks that were also chirped at stepped up his year. I'm hoping Elam does next year.

Right?  Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  Undersized LBer!  Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Bernard was nothing short of awesome this year and made more plays game-changing plays in a single season as a starter than Onalim has made in his entire career.  Benford has been a revelation at CB2, while a healthy Spencer Brown has been very dominant at times and overall a consistently above-average NFL RT, to say nothing of how his nastiness elevates the entire group.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1